Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: ESPN Top Ten Moments so far of the 2014-2015 Season

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default ESPN Top Ten Moments so far of the 2014-2015 Season

    http://espn.go.com/nba/theten
    So ESPN have the top ten moments so far for the 2014-2015 season and the only thing they have about the raptors is that @ 7. Raptors honor Vince Carter, bury the hatchet.

    Pretty crazy if you ask me but win or lose, still getting no respect. every team we beat it's " What went wrong with" the team that lost, not what's going right with the Raps.

    Anyways Go Raps Go!

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wow. lebrons opening game (in which they lost to the KNICKS) is the #1 moment so far? that was just an utter letdown and embarrassment.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    wow. lebrons opening game (in which they lost to the KNICKS) is the #1 moment so far? that was just an utter letdown and embarrassment.
    Makes sense though. LeBron going back to Cleveland will be the story of the year.

    This list isn't about winning

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Makes sense though. LeBron going back to Cleveland will be the story of the year.

    This list isn't about winning
    yep, should have known that when i saw carmelos hat.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    wow. lebrons opening game (in which they lost to the KNICKS) is the #1 moment so far? that was just an utter letdown and embarrassment.
    It's ESPN. Their basketball coverage is all about #1 LeBron James; #2 LA and New York; #3 Other stuff.

  6. Like Quest liked this post
  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's ESPN. Their basketball coverage is all about Marketing

    They have share holders. They need to make money. Raptor fans want free HD feeds and seem to be mostly students who won't pay for cable, let alone buy jerseys etc.

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    It's ESPN. Their basketball coverage is all about #1 LeBron James; #2 LA and New York; #3 Other stuff.
    Probably throw Tim Tebow in there somewhere too

  9. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    It's ESPN. Their basketball coverage is all about Marketing

    They have share holders. They need to make money. Raptor fans want free HD feeds and seem to be mostly students who won't pay for cable, let alone buy jerseys etc.
    definitely not a student but still refuse to pay for cable! (paying for ballstreams instead).

    although i've also made my own raptors hoodies too haha.


  10. Like ogi liked this post
  11. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I saw the article on ESPN and thought, 'hmm, I wonder if there's likely to be any Raptors content... maybe the VC tribute?'. Yup.

    And then saw the thread posted here and thought, 'Oh, I know what thread is going to be about! Complaining that our only mention is the VC tribute!' Yup.

    The article isn't even the top 10 stories of the season. It's the top 10 moments. Other than VC's tribute, what's the top moment of the Raptors' season so far? Bruno's dunk in a blowout? A win over a sick Memphis team? A win over Cleveland, after they had just lost a few in a row? Any of a dozen Lowry hustle plays? Any of Lou's buzzer-beaters? These are all great moments for Raptors fans, but nothing that is a significant moment on a league scale. Our most notable 'moments' are still ahead of us this year.
    tank-agnostic

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,641
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    I saw the article on ESPN and thought, 'hmm, I wonder if there's likely to be any Raptors content... maybe the VC tribute?'. Yup.

    And then saw the thread posted here and thought, 'Oh, I know what thread is going to be about! Complaining that our only mention is the VC tribute!' Yup.

    The article isn't even the top 10 stories of the season. It's the top 10 moments. Other than VC's tribute, what's the top moment of the Raptors' season so far? Bruno's dunk in a blowout? A win over a sick Memphis team? A win over Cleveland, after they had just lost a few in a row? Any of a dozen Lowry hustle plays? Any of Lou's buzzer-beaters? These are all great moments for Raptors fans, but nothing that is a significant moment on a league scale. Our most notable 'moments' are still ahead of us this year.
    Indeed, most of them are just about humour or controversy.

  13. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That was pretty surprising to me too.
    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    wow. lebrons opening game (in which they lost to the KNICKS) is the #1 moment so far? that was just an utter letdown and embarrassment.

  14. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    So that being said, how is a buzzer beater for Grizz a top ten moment? Should it not be a top ten play so far?
    Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    I saw the article on ESPN and thought, 'hmm, I wonder if there's likely to be any Raptors content... maybe the VC tribute?'. Yup.

    And then saw the thread posted here and thought, 'Oh, I know what thread is going to be about! Complaining that our only mention is the VC tribute!' Yup.

    The article isn't even the top 10 stories of the season. It's the top 10 moments. Other than VC's tribute, what's the top moment of the Raptors' season so far? Bruno's dunk in a blowout? A win over a sick Memphis team? A win over Cleveland, after they had just lost a few in a row? Any of a dozen Lowry hustle plays? Any of Lou's buzzer-beaters? These are all great moments for Raptors fans, but nothing that is a significant moment on a league scale. Our most notable 'moments' are still ahead of us this year.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 6 guests)

  1. Stahmenah_Vybz

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •