Post Thanks / Like

Very up-to-date and very good JV mixtape:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I'm going with the Lethalanian
    i cant even pronounce that

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed a lot of times when he posts up, he likes to faceup and pump fake, and it really gets defenders off their feet so he can blow by. Pretty effective.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I've noticed a lot of times when he posts up, he likes to faceup and pump fake, and it really gets defenders off their feet so he can blow by. Pretty effective.
    Wonderfully effective....the speed that he moves the ball from his pump fake to his hip (to start dribbling) and back again (if he elects to shoot) is very solid, especially when you consider how high his shot is released.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote phez wrote: View Post
    i cant even pronounce that
    Hahahaha...that's basically why I started this discussion.

Except I had it spelled Lethaluanian...that's even harder to say
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Wed Apr 3rd, 2013 at 07:16 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
    Very up-to-date and very good JV mixtape:
    Nice one, enjoyed this one, because of the "editing". Yours is more complete though
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's going to be a beast. He's gonna end up with a better PPG average than DeMar on his rookie season. I bet he's gonna be a 15 and 9 guy by next season. He's our future.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And he is so freaking consistent. Its unbelievable..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love a big man that can make his free throws. 16 of 18. Call me the Clippers commentator because "oh me oh my".
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a two possession stretch in the third where JV drew 4 (4!) fouls on people trying to guard him. The raps were in the bonus with over 6 minutes left. That doesn't show up in an already impressive scoresheet but it was awesome.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The way JV is playing he should be a LOCK for the NBA All Rookie First Team.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

12. Like BadDinosaur, ReubenJRD liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    The way JV is playing he should be a LOCK for the NBA All Rookie First Team.
    Agreed.

Last 5 games: 18.4 ppg, 9.4rpg, 2.8bpg, .615 FG%, .824 FT% ! If he were to put up these numbers next year, he'd be an all-star! In his sophomore year! Wow! I hope he does just that. I want to see him dominate in the summer, when he'll play for his national team. I think it's the European Championship this year. I'll be rooting for Lithuania like a mad man!

14. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
    Agreed.

Last 5 games: 18.4 ppg, 9.4rpg, 2.8bpg, .615 FG%, .824 FT% ! If he were to put up these numbers next year, he'd be an all-star! In his sophomore year! Wow! I hope he does just that. I want to see him dominate in the summer, when he'll play for his national team. I think it's the European Championship this year. I'll be rooting for Lithuania like a mad man!
    As much as a fan I am of Valanciunas, he's not gonna average those numbers next season (I hope he proves me wrong, haha). I imagine him being a 13.5/9.0/2 guy next season - at least somewhere in that range. A steady, solid increase in production. However, stats aren't everything. I imagine him getting much better at defense as well.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally there is hope, and his name is Jonas.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    As much as a fan I am of Valanciunas, he's not gonna average those numbers next season (I hope he proves me wrong, haha). I imagine him being a 13.5/9.0/2 guy next season - at least somewhere in that range. A steady, solid increase in production. However, stats aren't everything. I imagine him getting much better at defense as well.
    Well, realistically speaking - yes. I agree with you. I would be extremely happy with him averaging 14/9/2 next year. He would still be a candidate for the MIP (most improved player) and it would be great! I'm just so excited about this young fella right now, that I'm losing it! If JV were to exceed those numbers, I would go completely nuts!

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Agreed. Statitistically my expectations for JV this year is 8/6. I haven't looked at the stats yet but he's probably close to that. Next year i would expect that to go up but not 18/9. Probably 14/8.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Statitistically my expectations for JV this year is 8/6. I haven't looked at the stats yet but he's probably close to that. Next year i would expect that to go up but not 18/9. Probably 14/8.
    You're pretty spot on. He's currently averaging 8.6 PTS, 6.1 REB & 1.2 BLK in 23.5 minutes. Let's hope you're as right about his second season as you were on his first.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think there's much question he'll make a big jump next year in terms of his scoring. He's been in double digits nightly for the better part of a month. With the way he shoots free throws, moving up to 14-15PPG doesn't seem unrealistic. The last elite player in Toronto (Bosh) made a big leap in year two. Most good players do. I expect Jonas will as well. We're already seeing it in the last 15 games or so.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Don't think there's much question he'll make a big jump next year in terms of his scoring. He's been in double digits nightly for the better part of a month. With the way he shoots free throws, moving up to 14-15PPG doesn't seem unrealistic. The last elite player in Toronto (Bosh) made a big leap in year two. Most good players do. I expect Jonas will as well. We're already seeing it in the last 15 games or so.
    So basically if JV becomes as good as or better than CB4 than this team is going to be very very good. Rudy gay paired with Jonas is a very good tandem, something we've never had before. Lets just hope it all pans out, even though it never does for us raptor fans it seems.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

22. Like isaacthompson liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    So basically if JV becomes as good as or better than CB4 than this team is going to be very very good. Rudy gay paired with Jonas is a very good tandem, something we've never had before. Lets just hope it all pans out, even though it never does for us raptor fans it seems.
    This time it will I swear it will I SWEAR IT WILL

Page 92 of 184 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast

Thread Information