View Poll Results: Grade Valanciunas' Season

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    30 27.03%
  • B

    61 54.95%
  • C

    18 16.22%
  • D

    0 0%
  • F

    2 1.80%
Page 168 of 197 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3926

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

  1. #3341
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    On the face of it seems like prosecution would have been a waste of resources all around. A suite opening night for the prosecutor's office may have clinched the deal

    The big thing here is that conviction could have jeopardized cross border travel for what was a juvenile mistake.

  2. #3342
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    I can't recall an example. Not saying you are wrong, I just can't think of any. Can you?
    There is one just spinning in the darkest recesses of my mind.

    I can't remember and no luck with vague Google searches.

    I'm going to have to say I'm wrong..... but I know I'm not really - lol - if that makes any sense.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  3. #3343
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not a league suspension, but a team example:

    The Boston Celtics announced Tuesday that they have suspended Jared Sullinger for one game "for his role in an incident that occurred on August 31, 2013." The second-year forward will serve his suspension during the team's 2013-14 regular-season opener against the Toronto Raptors in Canada on Wednesday night.

    The "incident" was Sullinger's arrest on charges of assault and battery, malicious destruction of property and witness intimidation stemming from a "domestic situation" with his girlfriend. Sullinger pleaded not guilty to the charges on Sept. 3 and was released on $5,000 bond. The charges were dismissed in Waltham District Court on Monday after Deann Smith said she wouldn't testify against Sullinger, according to David Abel and John R. Ellement of the Boston Globe:
    Despite the dismissal, the Celtics chose to issue a one-game suspension "because he failed to meet the high expectations we have for all Celtics employees," team president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said in a statement. The Celtics also said they "will have no further comment on this matter."
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nb...7783--nba.html
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  4. #3344
    Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Niagara Region
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    On the face of it seems like prosecution would have been a waste of resources all around. A suite opening night for the prosecutor's office may have clinched the deal

    The big thing here is that conviction could have jeopardized cross border travel for what was a juvenile mistake.
    agreed it was juvenile but what made it for me a non issue is the way he handled it so well
    he wasn't arrested while driving drunk. they went to where he was staying and confronted him where he admitted it to the police. (he could of denied it and said talk to my lawyer )
    i admire that kind of honesty and after the story got out he did everything to admit his mistake and apologize to the public, instead of hiding behind the organization or lawyers which is why i believe he got off without any punishment and/or outrage from the public

  5. #3345
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
    agreed it was juvenile but what made it for me a non issue is the way he handled it so well
    he wasn't arrested while driving drunk. they went to where he was staying and confronted him where he admitted it to the police. (he could of denied it and said talk to my lawyer )
    i admire that kind of honesty and after the story got out he did everything to admit his mistake and apologize to the public, instead of hiding behind the organization or lawyers which is why i believe he got off without any punishment and/or outrage from the public
    I agree. It was a combination of him and the Raptor org. who put out the appropriate press releases to handle the issue. Having spent some time in a Scandinavian country (a couple of years) and though Lithuania is not one the ethos I imagine is similar...not a litigious society and respect for the authorities (police) to do the right thing. So it is not surprising he was open and probably said too much initially. Ironically though drinking and driving in some of those countries gets the book thrown at you. It is a very anti social thing to do and not just an illegal one. Anyhow, glad things worked out. JV is probably going break open a couple tonight!

  6. #3346
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    ...JV is probably going break open a couple tonight!
    While sitting at home with his wife.

  7. #3347
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Anyone keeping an eye on Jonas and the Lithuanian men's basketball team this summer?

    I see the FIBA tournament starts August 30th, with exhibition games before that.

    Anyone know where to stay up on the LT team news before FIBA starts?

  8. #3348
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Kuh wrote: View Post
    Anyone keeping an eye on Jonas and the Lithuanian men's basketball team this summer?

    I see the FIBA tournament starts August 30th, with exhibition games before that.

    Anyone know where to stay up on the LT team news before FIBA starts?
    Found this on facebook:

    Lithuanian National Basketball Team 2014 Schedule
    Friendly Exhibition Games
    *July 26 - Lithuania vs Latvia - Siauliai - Siauliu Arena
    *July 28 - Lithuania vs Georgia - Panevezys - Cido Arena
    *July 30 - Lithuania vs Georgia - Vilnius - Siemens Arena
    *Aug. 4 - Lithuania vs Finland - Helsinki, Finland
    *Aug. 8 - Lithuania vs Ukraine - Klaipeda - Svyturio Arena
    *Aug. 9 - Lithuania vs Finland - Klaipeda - Svyturio Arena
    *Aug. 11 - Lithuania vs Australia - Klaipeda - Svyturio Arena

    International Basketball Tournament
    *Aug. 16 - Lithuania vs Greece - Kaunas - Zalgirio Arena
    *Aug. 17 - Lithuania vs New Zealand - Kaunas - Zalgirio Arena
    *Aug. 18 - Lithuania vs Slovenia - Kaunas - Zalgirio Arena

    Friendly Exhibition Games
    *Aug. 21 - Lithuania vs Brazil - Ljubljana, Slovenia
    *Aug. 22 - Lithuania vs Iran - Ljubljana, Slovenia
    *Aug. 23 - Lithuania vs Slovenia - Ljubljana, Slovenia
    *Aug. 26 - Lithuania vs Croatia - Zagreb, Croatia

    2014 Basketball World Cup in Spain
    *Aug. 30 - Lithuania vs Mexico
    *Aug. 31 - Lithuania vs Angola
    *Sept. 2 - Lithuania vs Australia
    *Sept. 3 - Lithuania vs Korea
    *Sept. 4 - Lithuania vs Slovenia
    Looks like they're playing Latvia in a friendly match soon, but Motiejunas is still in USA ( summer league ) so I'm not sure if this schedule is correct

  9. #3349
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://instagram.com/p/quiDXTp3SJ/?modal=true

    Ok, so jonas is training with Amir. No NT this year?

  10. #3350
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,225
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/quiDXTp3SJ/?modal=true

    Ok, so jonas is training with Amir. No NT this year?
    Amir shows up in random places. Wouldnt be surprised if he's in Lithuanian training with their team. However, heard Bruno, Bebe and DeAndre were with JV in Vancouver.

  11. #3351
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,604
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    http://instagram.com/p/quiDXTp3SJ/?modal=true

    Ok, so jonas is training with Amir. No NT this year?
    It's also possible that Jonas will just join them later than usual.

  12. Like rocwell liked this post
  13. #3352
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's also possible that Jonas will just join them later than usual.
    I read that he will join the team on august 6th, until then he is practicing on the Raptors' scheduled workouts

  14. Like white men can't jump liked this post
  15. #3353
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Way to go Jonas. Anxious to see what he brings to the table on October 28th, or whenever the season starts.

  16. #3354
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Way to go Jonas. Anxious to see what he brings to the table on October 28th, or whenever the season starts.
    Actually, preseason games will start middle of October I guess. Only like 11 weeks away.

  17. #3355
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Actually, preseason games will start middle of October I guess. Only like 11 weeks away.
    I love the dates of fiba world cup. Even if Lithuania goes to finals, Jonas will get couple weeks of rest. Good to know!

  18. #3356
    Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Murray Harbour Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    1,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Way to go Jonas. Anxious to see what he brings to the table on October 28th, or whenever the season starts.
    First game of the regular season for the raptorz is usually the 31st too. Just remember not trick or treating after the age of 12 to watch the raptors.

  19. #3357
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In the past Jonas has come to Raptors camp well rested because he usually rides the bench at these FIBA events.

  20. #3358
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    In the past Jonas has come to Raptors camp well rested because he usually rides the bench at these FIBA events.
    I'm thinking not this year. should help him come into camp in top condition though.

  21. #3359
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,514
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    In the past Jonas has come to Raptors camp well rested because he usually rides the bench at these FIBA events.
    well rested? wut?

    If I remember correctly, Jonas averaged 17 min per game during Eurobasket and 27+ during friendly games. Lithuania played 12+ friendly games in 3 weeks, also 11 tournament games in 19 days. Don't forget travel and crazy endurance camps. Jonas came back to Toronto just few days after he won silver medal.

    Well rested, you say?
    Last edited by rocwell; Fri Jul 25th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

  22. #3360
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The pattern in FIBA games seems to be Jonas starts game, Jonas picks up two quick fouls and sits, Jonas returns in the third quarter and promptly fouls and goes back to the bench.

Page 168 of 197 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 178 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •