Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbo wrote: View Post
    Today I watched the game with the Phoenix commentators and they mentioned in the third that Jonas must be frustrated. I'm paraphrasing but it was something like, "Valenciunas is frustrated. Of course he is! He had an impressive first quarter and probably had his mind set on having a great game but he is continuously looked off in the post by his teammates."
    I love watching the Raptors right now, but this is one area we need to improve on. Jonas is not a stiff on offence. He makes his shots at an impressive clip, he works hard to get good post position and he makes good decisions when he gets the ball down low. He doesn't need to be babied, but for the sake of the team he needs more touches.
    I didn't get a chance to watch the entire game, but JV looked good in the first quarter. I can only think that he got yanked because Phoenix was running up the score and we needed to keep up while getting quicker bigs on the floor to try and slow down the scoring. It's not always JV's fault as to why he is not played. Sometimes it's done for tactical reasons. Whether those tactics work or not is another topic all together.

Comment

• He didn't really get Yanked, he was out there plenty and from what I saw, Phoenixes small lineup caused him little trouble defensively. The one time I had a "omg Casey wtf are you doing" moment was when he started the fourth with Novak and Hayes up front (lolwut) but he quickly realised that was awful and brought JV back.
      It was more the guys stopped looking for him.

Comment

• its time to move on from this joke, we need to look for a starting C in the draft,
        I been singing and rapping I make a killin' in both If i had to choose a Jackson man I'm feelin' like Bo ~ king drizzy

Comment

• UnderdogRaptors wrote: View Post
          its time to move on from this joke, we need to look for a starting C in the draft,
          Only thing that's a joke is that comment

Comment

• edit: double post
            I been singing and rapping I make a killin' in both If i had to choose a Jackson man I'm feelin' like Bo ~ king drizzy

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
              Only thing that's a joke is that comment
              how so?

Comment

• 1] Jonas is no joke
                2] You will not find a center who is fit to tie Jonas' shoelaces in this draft apart from Embiid.
                3] I find your timing for such criticism a bit weird given how well he has been playing lately, I really hope you're not implying he played badly today against the Thunder.

Comment

1] Jonas is no joke
                  2] You will not find a center who is fit to tie Jonas' shoelaces in this draft apart from Embiid.
                  3] I find your timing for such criticism a bit weird given how well he has been playing lately, I really hope you're not implying he played badly today against the Thunder.
                  if you don't think he played bad today you are delusional my friend, how many easy lay ups did he give up and was missing easy buckets around the rim like the stiff he is. Don't even get me started on the moving screens in OT., Steven Adams manhandled him today . Also saying no Center can tie Yonas shoelaces in this draft otuside of Embiid is hyping JV up hes no star or future star, this project is over.

Comment

its time to move on from this joke, we need to look for a starting C in the draft,
                    No, we don't.

Comment

if you don't think he played bad today you are delusional my friend, how many easy lay ups did he give up and was missing easy buckets around the rim like the stiff he is. Don't even get me started on the moving screens in OT., Steven Adams manhandled him today . Also saying no Center can tie Yonas shoelaces in this draft otuside of Embiid is hyping JV up hes no star or future star, this project is over.
                      Wow, ridiculous. You have no clue how to watch basketball. Clearly.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Wow, ridiculous. You have no clue how to watch basketball. Clearly.
                        clearly Jv isnt the center for the future, dude cant even hold down the paint how much lay ups did reggie jackson get today without JV not even tryint to block the shots just puts his hands up (doesnt follow the ball), just cuz we drafted him doesnt mean hes void of criticism what are we knicks fans? hes stiff with the ball , TRoss gave him an easy bucket on the platter and JV messes that up too. I don't see anything special am I not allowed to have an opinion?

Comment

If you think Jonas was bad today then you're seriously delusional my friend or you never actually saw his bad game. I would love to hear your opinion on moving screens, please.

Shit, Jonas got manhandled by Adams tonight? Really? Explain me, please!

Comment

He gave up lots of layups? I thought he was extremely disruptive around the rim, but also used his length to alter numerous jumpers from Ibaka and co on the outside as well. It was one of the more solid defensive outings I've seen from Jonas, and he didn't even register a single block, but was in the right positions and was a strong physical presence. He and Amir worked really well on the defensive end I thought.
                            Offensively, he missed some shots, but I don't find that to be particularly important in the grand scheme of things. It happens.

I was hyped, was fully ready to jump in this thread and praise Jonas for a great effort that didn't show up so much on the box score but was very important, but then Salmons, Durant, refs etc happened. But oh well, I'm happy to defend him as well

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

If you think Jonas was bad today then you're seriously delusional my friend I would love to hear your opinion on moving screens, please.

Shit, Jonas got manhandled by Adams tonight? Really? Explain me, please!
                              watch the game and you will see hes a complete stiff, but "Joakim noah is his floor" remember?

Comment

He gave up lots of layups? I thought he was extremely disruptive around the rim, but also used his length to alter numerous jumpers from Ibaka and co on the outside as well. It was one of the more solid defensive outings I've seen from Jonas, and he didn't even register a single block, but was in the right positions and was a strong physical presence. He and Amir worked really well on the defensive end I thought.
                                Offensively, he missed some shots, but I don't find that to be particularly important in the grand scheme of things. It happens.

I was hyped, was fully ready to jump in this thread and praise Jonas for a great effort that didn't show up so much on the box score but was very important, but then Salmons, Durant, refs etc happened. But oh well, I'm happy to defend him as well
                                Amir was the physical presence not Yonas

Comment

Working...
                                X