0/1 3pt
    2/2 ft
    11 rebounds (4 offensive)
    2 assists
    1 steal
    4 blocks
    1 turnover
    2 fouls

Any insights from our Lithuanian friends?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Box Score

JV statline:

25:47 minutes
      6 points
      2/6 fg
      0/1 3pt
      2/2 ft
      11 rebounds (4 offensive)
      2 assists
      1 steal
      4 blocks
      1 turnover
      2 fouls

Any insights from our Lithuanian friends?
      Write up from L. Rytas webpage:

Lietuvos Rytas took an important victory in the VTB League playoffs, defeating Nizhny Novgorod 64-60 (23-16, 11-10, 15-18, 15-16) on the road in Russia to take a 1-0 lead in the best-of-three series.

Renaldas Seibutis had 14 points, Steponas Babrauskas and Mindaugas Katelynas scored 10 points each, while Arturas Jomantas added 9 points and 6 rebounds for the visitors from Vilnius.

Semion Antonov led Nizhny Novgorod with 18 points and 11 rebounds, Primoz Brezec scored 15 points and grabbed 9 boards, while Ivan Paunic finished the game with 12.

Comment

• I saw this game, well, what can I say. The offensive game of JV was poor, mainly because he just lacked some luck and wasn't being fed with balls appropriately. Though he put some nice numbers in defense. When he missed too many shots (4, that's a lot for him) he tried to distribute the ball more. Put some nice blocks and rebounds in important moments of the game, you can see couple of them in the video, before JV another center Samardžiski played for about 15 minutes, Brežeč, opposing teams center dominated him, added 12+ points in ~15 minutes, but when JV entered the court he have mysteriously gone. I wonder how many eff pts he received for this game, I guess it's still above 10.
        Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Apr 9, 2012, 07:44 AM.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
          I saw this game, well, what can I say. The offensive game of JV was poor, mainly because he just lacked some luck and wasn't being fed with balls appropriately. Though he put some nice numbers in defense. When he missed too many shots (4, that's a lot for him) he tried to distribute the ball more. Put some nice blocks and rebounds in important moments of the game, you can see couple of them in the video, before JV another center Samardžiski played for about 15 minutes, Brežeč, opposing teams center dominated him, added 12+ points in ~15 minutes, but when JV entered the court he have mysteriously gone. I wonder how many eff pts he received for this game, I guess it's still above 10.
          Nice to hear the majority of Prezec's effort was against someone else.

He had 19 efficiency points.

Comment

• Ex-teammate of Lietuvos rytas and now an enemy in Eurocup semi-finals Brad Newley (Valencia) on Jonas:

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
              Ex-teammate of Lietuvos rytas and now an enemy in Eurocup semi-finals Brad Newley (Valencia) on Jonas:

Stays late during strength training, focused, good hands, humble... how can you not like this guy?
              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
              ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                Stays late during strength training, focused, good hands, humble... how can you not like this guy?
                if he slept with you girlfriend?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  I asked.
                  “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                  ― John Wooden

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    id offer my girlfriend to this fine young man.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      That really is taking one for the team.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        only if he plays like a top 5 C

Comment

That really is taking one for the team.
                          Actually, it's his girlfriend taking one for the team!

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                            Actually, it's his girlfriend taking one for the team!
                            Pfffffft! Next thing you know you'll be telling me women should have the right to vote and own property!

(joking!)

Comment

Pfffffft! Next thing you know you'll be telling me women should have the right to vote and own property!

(joking!)
                              Phew. Glad you were joking about women getting the right to vote.

(really joking)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Phew. Glad you were joking about women getting the right to vote.

(really joking)
                                hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X