Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    There's no point to this discussion if you're comparing drew league to FIBA WC. You know better than me, I guess.
    Lol What?! Ok then ...

This is a complete straw man tactic, and I kind of expected better from you roc ... this was never about me "knowing better than you", but simply trying to understand your concerns.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Aug 19, 2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Do we even know when training camp starts? FIBAs end on the 14th. Usually doesn't training camp happen around end of September and early October? Like, usually the week where one ends and the other begins (which would probably mean the 29th-3rd this year). Have they announced anything?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Do we even know when training camp starts? FIBAs end on the 14th. Usually doesn't training camp happen around end of September and early October? Like, usually the week where one ends and the other begins (which would probably mean the 29th-3rd this year). Have they announced anything?
        "The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday that Head Coach Dwane Casey and his team will return to Vancouver, British Columbia for a portion of training camp. The club will open camp at Air Canada Centre in Toronto (September 29 – October 2) before departing for the West coast. The team also conducted their 2010 training camp in Vancouver. "

Comment

Do we even know when training camp starts? FIBAs end on the 14th. Usually doesn't training camp happen around end of September and early October? Like, usually the week where one ends and the other begins (which would probably mean the 29th-3rd this year). Have they announced anything?
          Sept 29th to Oct 2nd they are in TOR for camp, then they go to VAN for a few days to finish.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

"The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday that Head Coach Dwane Casey and his team will return to Vancouver, British Columbia for a portion of training camp. The club will open camp at Air Canada Centre in Toronto (September 29 – October 2) before departing for the West coast. The team also conducted their 2010 training camp in Vancouver. "
            So he gets 2 weeks off. He might travel to Toronto earlier and start working out 2-3 days before training camp, as players often arrive and start informal work early, but that's still a fair amount of time. Last year he only had a few days before flying back to Canada from Eurobasket. So basically he was traveling right after a tournament that was longer than this year's. So he came to camp with dead legs.

Not like you want him taking a month off to get out of shape before training camp. I mean, guys usually take a month off after the season, so I think a week or two (depending on when he starts working out hard again after) is fine for a two week tournament.

Comment

• So they'll actually have 15+ days of Rest, not the 10 or 11 stated? Even better!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                So they'll actually have 15+ days of Rest, not the 10 or 11 stated? Even better!
                You're wrong. Jonas will have community commitments, ceremonies in the Lithuania + government meeting if Lithuania wins medal. Lithuania is crazy about their players.

Last year he was excused, because he had few days left until training camp, this year is different story w/ schedule.

Comment

You're wrong. Jonas will have community commitments, ceremonies in the Lithuania + government meeting if Lithuania wins medal. Lithuania is crazy about their players.
                  I'm wrong?! How do you figure?! None of that is actually playing basketball ... what you want him on the Beach the whole time?!

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    I'm wrong?! What?! Hahaha... How do you figure?! None of that is actually playing basketball ... what you want him on the Beach the whole time?!
                    I don't want anything pal.

Comment

I don't want anything pal.
                      I'm so confused by you today Rocwell.. er.. Pal.

Comment

Those things can be done on "rest" days. The issue is whether he'll have any time to catch his breath, and it seems like he should. Say he leaves Lithuania 4-5 days after their tournament exit. Even if they make the Finals, he could be back in Toronto by the 20th, and have 9 days to prepare for the start of camp.

Comment

• 10 or 15 days of rest ain't enough time to recover after such a long season + national team stuff. This is just my opinion, I could be wrong.. I guess you know better than me

Comment

10 or 15 days of rest ain't enough to recover after such a long season + national team stuff. This is my opinion.
                            Man, they recover for the season after the season. It's not a continuous thing. Most guys take a nice breather after the season. I'm sure Jonas took time off. It's not like the only chance he gets to rest are the gaps between national team and training camp every year.

Comment

Man, they recover for the season after the season. It's not a continuous thing. Most guys take a nice breather after the season. I'm sure Jonas took time off. It's not like the only chance he gets to rest are the gaps between national team and training camp every year.
                              I hope so. Last year we saw how he played without proper rest. Sluggish, getting winded like high school baller.. Oh yeah it's that (over)weight.. okay.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Tue Aug 19, 2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

He should nominate Bebe, see how his afro reacts to that.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X