X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    JV not playing good defense.

I'm shocked
    Come on guy, you know others guys missed the rotations, he stepped out...others need to rotate, not run away, like multiple guys did.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

I know this is one play, but from what I heard, his d was shut all game. Goes back to what I always say he has poor defensive iq.
      Lol I've never understood how when a big guy scores its automatically the other big guys fault.

19 should've stayed with 9 in the post for another second or so.

The guy who calls the switch to watch the corner bites HARD on a fake pass.

And yea, JV recovered a second slow off his hedge. The hedge itself was pretty good, but he does need to commit to recovering quicker.

That was just a well run set and a poorly executed defense all around.

Comment

• Biggest issue on that play is the half assed hedge from JV.

The rest of the team D was brutal leading to open dunk.

I have a feeling both wings thought the other had JVs man hence the ridiculous running to corner.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Biggest issue on that play is the half assed hedge from JV.

The rest of the team D was brutal leading to open dunk.

I have a feeling both wings thought the other had JVs man hence the ridiculous running to corner.
          remember too that JV did commit the foul there and he knew it, hence the split second freezing....

That was the poor defense on his part though, committing the foul.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            remember too that JV did commit the foul there and he knew it, hence the split second freezing....

That was the poor defense on his part though, committing the foul.
            That is a bad habit though, foul or no you have to play until the whistle.

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
              That is a bad habit though, foul or no you have to play until the whistle.
              thats a bit nitpicky there.

Most guys when getting causght, or thinking they are getting caught, with their hand in the cookie jar results in a similar reaction.

Comment

• Every player makes bad defensive plays from time to time, even the best defenders.

I think JV will be fine on the defensive end. He's not gonna be Bill Russell, but I see him growing into a very effective rim protector and low post defender.

Comment

• Don't we have any real highlights, boxscores even, of JV's latest action?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                    Don't we have any real highlights, boxscores even, of JV's latest action?
                    Box score here https://twitter.com/Urbodo I don't know how to post a picture.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• 10pts on 5/8 with 8 rbds and 2 blocks in 17 mins

Solid

Comment

• Still really think we have a star on our hands with this guy.

Comment

• Give JV 34+ mpg, see his stats FLOURISH.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                            Still really think we have a star on our hands with this guy.
                            Ik we are planning to alter our defense to play towards jvs strengths and weaknesses but are we changing our offense at all? Are we hoping that cojo and carroll will provide more passing which will be contagious or what?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              Ik we are planning to alter our defense to play towards jvs strengths and weaknesses but are we changing our offense at all? Are we hoping that cojo and carroll will provide more passing which will be contagious or what?
                              Don't underestimate Cojo. I think he has some SERIOUS potential. His passing and lack of turnovers along with his control of pace at his age is almost unheard of.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                You can't just bring in players and hope for more passing.

Passing/ball movement are a systemic thing. It starts with coaching. Yes some players might be more inherently selfish or "me-first" than others, but it really does come down to coaching. If a coach walks in and tells the team that they want to feed the ball inside more, puts together a playbook that encourages that, and harps on it as a key part of the offensive gameplan.... guess what... guys are going to do it. Unless they have zero respect for the coach. In which case, good riddance.

But when you say shit like "come hell or high water" or "those are tough shots that they can make" why wouldn't guys like Lowry, Lou, GV and DD keep throwing up shots? You're encouraging iso-ball, the gameplan doesn't involve movement or passing and you're verbally confirming it by telling guys that those are good shots for them.

If we have the same offensive gameplan as last year, mark my words we will be WORSE offensively this season. CoJo and Tross aren't Lou Williams and they will struggle mightily if the gameplan is iso all day. Just because DeMarre Carroll and CoJo came from arguably two of the top three ball movement teams, doesn't mean they're going to dramatically alter the way we move the ball. The gameplan needs to change.

It's not an accident that Kyle, DeMar, Ross and Greivis all saw significant dips in their shooting efficiency last year.
                                Last edited by JWash; Fri Aug 28, 2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X