Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grantland Valanciunas Article

Not sure if anyone has noticed/read this article yet, or if it's shedding any new light on our youngest Lithuanian member, but I figured it was worth a post....

grantland.com

Comment

• JYFelony wrote: View Post
      Not sure if anyone has noticed/read this article yet, or if it's shedding any new light on our youngest Lithuanian member, but I figured it was worth a post....

grantland.com
      Great article - sums him up pretty well, I noted very happily that he has actually lowered his foul rate. Preseason cannot come fast enough for me.

Comment

• No one checked in yet for this game? I missed the first 8 minutes....anything encouraging/alarming, or just same ol for these olympics

Comment

• Russia Vs Lithuania

Lithuania takes on a strong Russia team to begin the knockout stage. Best of luck to the Jonas, Kleiza and company. Jonas will be tested by another NBA big man. He looks decent to start the game, hes 1 for 2 with a nice hook shot over mozgov that looked pretty good. He also has three rebounds to go along with his two points. Coach subbed him out after picking up his first foul after after 6 minutes in the first q.
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• I think I've also finally come to peace with Kemzura's coaching of JV. In the end, even if he benches him a lot, it's still best for his development. I didn't expect him to play that much, maybe 15 minutes a night, 20 if/when he's good, and I'd still wish he'd get that. But you know if he does the way Kemzura's coaching, he'll really have earned it.

Comment

• Bullshit call against Kleiza

Comment

• yeah I also understand JVs role with this team he is still young and will have move opportunities in the future.
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Also, this doesn't necessarily mean anything, but JV even looks more active on the bench in this game. Might mean nothing. I think it's a good sign because I was afraid of him getting to feel disengaged. In fact, that was my biggest fear about limited minutes, more than caring about development. Can't build your game much in 2 weeks, so I really just want this experience to build his confidence.

Comment

• Songaila's played great this tournament. It's hard to believe he doesn't have a job as a solid role player in the NBA.

Comment

• it would be nice to see a frontcourt rotation of Kleiza Songaila and Valancuinas get some extended minutes.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Songaila's played great this tournament. It's hard to believe he doesn't have a job as a solid role player in the NBA.
                        Songaila said he might sign NBA team this year. so he might be back to NBA very soon

Comment

• Skaloon wrote: View Post
                          Songaila said he might sign NBA team this year. so he might be back to NBA very soon
                          Yeah, I saw that somewhere, but I'm wondering if he's having a hard time finding a good deal, or a good team where he might be willing to play for less.

Comment

• Jonas starts the 3 quarter benched. -_-

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                              Jonas starts the 3 quarter benched. -_-
                              Yeah, in general I'm not too sure how the coach chooses his lineups. In this case, aside from JV, Songaila is playing C for them right now. THat's a pretty small lineup. Maybe Kemzura's hoping to push the pace???

Comment

• Their offense is generally smoother without a C on the floor

Comment

Working...
                                X