Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I guess if he does play, he'd come off the bench? Or at least, I'd hope so. Let Biz ride that momentum from last game...
    It actually sets up a very nice rotation, not ideal but fits nicely since they insist on starting Scola (who you definitely don't want to start JV beside).

Biz starts with Scola. Mid 1st, sub Lowry and Scola and Biz off for Joseph, JV and PP. Start of 2nd go Lowry plus bench, then mid 2nd sub DD, Carroll, JV back in for Ross, Joseph, Biz. Same idea in the 3rd/4th.

Trick is to use JV heavily with those bench lineups to punish any small lineups the Cavs throw out there.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      It actually sets up a very nice rotation, not ideal but fits nicely since they insist on starting Scola (who you definitely don't want to start JV beside).

Biz starts with Scola. Mid 1st, sub Lowry and Scola and Biz off for Joseph, JV and PP. Start of 2nd go Lowry plus bench, then mid 2nd sub DD, Carroll, JV back in for Ross, Joseph, Biz. Same idea in the 3rd/4th.

Trick is to use JV heavily with those bench lineups to punish any small lineups the Cavs throw out there.
      I'd love to see Channing Frye attempting to guard JV in the post

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        I'd love to see Channing Frye attempting to guard JV in the post
        Exactly. Have to make it happen though, can't let them run that lineup out without punishing them on every play for it.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Exactly. Have to make it happen though, can't let them run that lineup out without punishing them on every play for it.
          Issue is we really don't have any other bigs that can post up.

Demar and Kyle do it but JV is our only big guy that can make Frye pay in the post.

PPat really has to attack him more often when they're out there together.

Or run a JJ-PPat pick and roll.

Comment

I've read a lot about how Frye can punish JV, but that matchup goes both ways, and dunks are still more efficient than even open 3s.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              I've read a lot about how Frye can punish JV, but that matchup goes both ways, and dunks are still more efficient than even open 3s.
              Only problem is that with Lebron in the game, Frye will no doubt get tons of opportunities to shoot while JV won't get many post ups because of Casey.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                Only problem is that with Lebron in the game, Frye will no doubt get tons of opportunities to shoot while JV won't get many post ups because of Casey.
                Even if that's the case, he'll do more than enough damage on the glass.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I love Ben and I don't think I'd go that far. I don't care what random stats (especially since defensive ones are generally a lot worse) you could pull to defend it. Top 5 usually means franchise player. Ben Wallace was hands down the best defensive player in the league, but he still was not a franchise player.

*Probably in the tier just below that. And probably so was Billups. Right now I think Lowry is the only guy we have in that tier. And Jonas I think showed he can be too. DeMar isn't quite there IMO, but we know at least a couple posters here will disagree with that.
                  Yeah Wallace was never near top 5. He was dominant at his own rim but that's a case of fond memories skewing reality
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This or 1-4 :/

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Ben Wallace was a top 5 talent back then.

People never give defensive stars enough credit.
                      Pretty hard to be top 5 when you're useless on the offensive end of the floor.

Comment

• The problem is if JV does start against Frye (because it looks like they're going to start Frye over Thompson as their adjustment) Frye is going to get open look after open look. Frye is shooting like 50% I believe from 3. He literally doesn't miss when open. Even if JV punishes him in the paint you are giving up 3's for 2's. Not a good recipe for success. I guess the hope is that Frye fouls JV a lot and gets into foul trouble I guess. But it's sounding more and more like JV might play. But he definitely won't be 100% and I don't know if you want him running after Frye on the perimeter if his ankle is still sore like Casey said it was. Maybe he should come off the bench and you continue to start Biz? Idunno
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                          The problem is if JV does start against Frye (because it looks like they're going to start Frye over Thompson as their adjustment) Frye is going to get open look after open look. Frye is shooting like 50% I believe from 3. He literally doesn't miss when open. Even if JV punishes him in the paint you are giving up 3's for 2's. Not a good recipe for success. I guess the hope is that Frye fouls JV a lot and gets into foul trouble I guess. But it's sounding more and more like JV might play. But he definitely won't be 100% and I don't know if you want him running after Frye on the perimeter if his ankle is still sore like Casey said it was. Maybe he should come off the bench and you continue to start Biz? Idunno
                          I wouldn't expect JV to start today either way.

But it's not trading 3s for 2s. the teams don't shoot 100%.

If they start Frye over Thompson you'd be getting tons of 2nd shot opportunities at one end if they leave Frye in to check JV. Personally I think you can punish them more with that than they can punish you on our end.

Also biyombo is equally averse to leaving the paint for the most part.

As long as we don't play Scola and JV together I think we're fine.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                            I wouldn't expect JV to start today either way.

But it's not trading 3s for 2s. the teams don't shoot 100%.

If they start Frye over Thompson you'd be getting tons of 2nd shot opportunities at one end if they leave Frye in to check JV. Personally I think you can punish them more with that than they can punish you on our end.

Also biyombo is equally averse to leaving the paint for the most part.

As long as we don't play Scola and JV together I think we're fine.
                            Good points. But I'm not getting my hopes up for JV after what Josh Lewenberg has twitter about it being less than a 50/50 chance JV plays.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                              Good points. But I'm not getting my hopes up for JV after what Josh Lewenberg has twitter about it being less than a 50/50 chance JV plays.
                              yeah i dunno if i'm expecting him to play, just posted the tweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X