Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Though I understand that, JV still only ever plays in 2 quarters. Every game he is played either 1st and 3rd, or 2nd and 4th. I find that a weird rotation.
    They have 6 big men, that says it all. JV will play normal minutes during Eurobasket, that's for sure.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      They have 6 big men, that says it all. JV will play normal minutes during Eurobasket, that's for sure.
      Raps have 6 as well (Jonas, Amir, Gray, Hansborough, Acy, Novak)....although only two of them are actually "big", lol.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Raps have 6 as well (Jonas, Amir, Gray, Hansborough, Acy, Novak)....although only two of them are actually "big", lol.
        Yes but they have 3 ( twins and Motiejunas ) players who are true PF + C. I studied twins and seems most of them played C during their career. Also they have 2 true centers 15 number and JV. It's just crazy to create rotation on so many players. Anyway 2 players will be cut before Eurobasket. I feel like JV will play at least 28-30 minutes a game during championship. But who knows.

Comment

• JV finished with 23 PTS, 8 REBS, 1 BLK. He played about 22 mins.
          Last edited by rocwell; Fri Aug 23, 2013, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Jonas casually destroys the opposition. Lithuania wins a beautiful first place trophy which Jonas kisses. Perfect record!
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• That OKC game man o man! so many things wrong with it despite Jonas looking amazing

Lowry got hurt
              Bagnani was being the shadow of a sloth during nap time
              Calderon couldnt do anything useful off the bench seemed to phone it in and played very un Calderon esque turning the ball over like a mad man
              Fields showing he cant make lay ups.... News about his injury surfacing
              Ed Davis still not getting minutes because of the hell or high water Bargnani thing
              Defense non existent
              Amir not really beasting yet and our best line up to begin the season was whenever we had Amir and Ed up front
              We still had to rely on DOM FUCKING MCGUIRE to do something...anything! to help the team......

Ugh lets hope that is well behind us for this up coming season..

Comment

• Last 7 games average:

15.2 PTS (70% FG, 61.8% FT), 9 REB, 1.3 BLK, 0.2 AST, 2.2 TO

Comment

last 7 games average:

15.2 pts (70% fg, 61.8% ft), 9 reb, 1.3 blk, 0.2 ast, 2.2 to
                  ................70% fg.......................
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    ................70% fg.......................
                    He also averaging only 20.0 minutes per game. Such a treasure to have him on offence when dude makes shots like crazy.

Comment

• Hope all this positive momentum carries into October.

Comment

Last 7 games average:

Those are amazing numbers.. just out of curiosity how many fouls did he have on average per game? If he can improve on his foul rate from last year it will be crucial for his development.. the more fouls (especially early in a game) the less minutes he will get overall.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Those are amazing numbers.. just out of curiosity how many fouls did he have on average per game? If he can improve on his foul rate from last year it will be crucial for his development.. the more fouls (especially early in a game) the less minutes he will get overall.
                          EDIT: He's averaging 2.1 fouls actually and 2.6 turnovers in 20 minutes.

Quite a lot, but it's fine. Team tries to find a way how to pass ball to him plus Lithuania doesn't have true point guard ( in my opinion ) and when JV gets ball in bad position he always turns it over.
                          Last edited by rocwell; Fri Aug 23, 2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Last 7 games average:

*faints*
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Last 7 games average:

I could actually see Val putting up those numbers this year depending on what kind of touches he gets and our pace (less efficiently though, maybe 55% FG and 75% FT).

What I want to see him doing is attacking the rim more and using his body to draw fouls. He averaged 7.7 FTA per game in April last year including 18 (made 16) in a game against Washington.

Comment

• Xixak wrote: View Post
                                I could actually see Val putting up those numbers this year depending on what kind of touches he gets and our pace (less efficiently though, maybe 55% FG and 75% FT).

What I want to see him doing is attacking the rim more and using his body to draw fouls. He averaged 7.7 FTA per game in April last year including 18 (made 16) in a game against Washington.

He's averaging 8.5 FTA. But 6 games (of 7) was played in Lithuania and refs were from Lithuania, so...

Comment

Working...
                                X