Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC Boy wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I shouldnt have worded it the way I did as it was not meant to be a shot at Matt's comment; but rather, it was merely an attempt at humor that hit too close to home when I started to reflect on my sporting life.
    FWIW I didn't interpret it as a shot. I chuckled at the comment as I am also in the 30-something club.

Comment

BC Boy wrote: View Post
      Yeah, me too. Although I haven't experienced the 40's yet.
      Matt52 wrote: View Post
      FWIW I didn't interpret it as a shot. I chuckled at the comment as I am also in the 30-something club.
      Usually the best humour does hit pretty close to him. And the 40-something club isn't much to talk about. I'd probably avoid it if you can.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Lietuvos Rytas and Jonas Valanciunas

Jonas has played his first two exhibition games with L. Rytas.

Game one: 70-61 (JV - 7points, 11 rebounds)

Game two: 77-73 (JV - 10 points, 7 rebounds)

Not great video included in the link.

Did not have at the link or find a box score with minute totals. He did start the first game, no mention of the second.

http://www.ballineurope.com/european...harleroi-7061/

Comment

Always good to see Big V play. I hope he gets more offensive touches this season, so he can built more confidence.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Damn you Matt, i thought i will leave this away. Club teams just letting the players who was on NT get some rest. Those preparation games means just nothing except of a team trying to prepare for Thursday game (1st euroleague qualification game).
            JV playing that game with Belgians means nothing more than him trying to fit into the team.
            There is no proper link of this game, because Belgian team like to keep it secret, before Euroleague qualification starting.
            That link you posted above, i suppose was from belgium media.
            there is the one from Lithuania media:
            http://www.lrytas.lt/videonews/?id=13168048751315596335

Comment

irgigi wrote: View Post
              Damn you Matt, i thought i will leave this away. Club teams just letting the players who was on NT get some rest. Those preparation games means just nothing except of a team trying to prepare for Thursday game (1st euroleague qualification game).
              JV playing that game with Belgians means nothing more than him trying to fit into the team.
              There is no proper link of this game, because Belgian team like to keep it secret, before Euroleague qualification starting.
              That link you posted above, i suppose was from belgium media.
              there is the one from Lithuania media:
              http://www.lrytas.lt/videonews/?id=13168048751315596335
              Not sure why I am being damned.

When I said "Not great video included in the link" I meant the quality of the taping itself - not Jonas or his play.

The link I provided did not have a box score or give minute totals so it is difficult to get an idea of how involved he was offensively and how productive he was.

Comment

Rytas is playing right now

Jonas: 2 points on 1/3 shooting 4 rebounds 2 blocks 1 turnover in 9 minutes

Comment

he's looking solid on the defensive end and wearing a full black leg sleeve on his left leg

not sure of the opponents talent level, but Valanciunas showed a complete defensive game, was money from the line and had a nice dunk in garbage time, probably the only one in the entire game
                  Last edited by Rytasfan97; Thu Sep 29, 2011, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Ya he had some minor injury during practice but no details have been given on what it was. I'm guessing it was a muscle strain.

Comment

dg88 wrote: View Post
                      rytas is playing right now

jonas: 2 points on 1/3 shooting 4 rebounds 2 blocks 1 turnover in 9 minutes
                      link?????
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

11 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blocks in 19 minutes
                        Full stats

Comment

irgigi wrote: View Post
                          11 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blocks in 19 minutes
                          Full stats
                          1 foul.... nice.

11 points on 5 shots shooting 60% and 5/6 FT...... nice.

8 rebs in 19 minutes.... nice.

Any reason why not starting and only 19 minutes (even though a 20 point win)?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Any reason why not starting and only 19 minutes (even though a 20 point win)?
                            Was wondering the same thing myself.

Comment

games are only 40 minutes, starting center is 25 yrs old but only played about 2 more minutes than JV

Comment

Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
                                games are only 40 minutes, starting center is 25 yrs old but only played about 2 more minutes than JV
                                Makes sense. Thanks RytasFan! (Welcome to RR!)
                                That's Predrag Samardziski? Is he any good?

Also maybe you can answer another question for me; how is the "Ranking" stat calculated, that is listed in the Column furthest to the right? Or what does it mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X