• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
    Eurocup game 1 today, 5 pts, 8 boards, 27 min in the victory for Rytas

box
    http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ule...98&gamecode=12

highlights
    Strange, in the video at 1:44 it shows 7 points.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
      Eurocup game 1 today, 5 pts, 8 boards, 27 min in the victory for Rytas

box
      http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ule...98&gamecode=12

highlights
      Why do they always seem to show the tip off in the highlights? You ever notice that?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• both good points, I'm going to assume that the TV broadcast is incorrect in adding up the points,

and other than sort of seeing which players were in the starting lineup I'm not too sure why they show the tip off, they seem to show the final horn too, so it is probably just a way of summarizing the game
        Last edited by Rytasfan97; Tue Nov 15, 2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
          I'd say it's VERY early in the season.
          Yes, very early. Brown has a nice stat line right now.

31.5 ppg, 7 apg, 5 rpg and only 1 turnover. Defenses will adjust.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            Yes, very early. Brown has a nice stat line right now.

31.5 ppg, 7 apg, 5 rpg and only 1 turnover. Defenses will adjust.
            Although I've never been a big fan of PGs who score a lot. Having not watched the games, I can't say exactly how he's been playing, though.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Via HoopsHype.com:

Linas Kleiza denies reports that he's close to joining Lietuvos Rytas. BasketNews.lt

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Via HoopsHype.com:
                I'd say that's good news as it means Kleiza is close to recovered. Earlier than I thought he'd be.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• L. Rytas moves to 8-0 in LKL play.

Won 80-55.

JV stat line: 13 points, 3/6FG, 7/10FT, 3 rebs, 2 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, 1 to, 22 mins.

Comment

• Highlights from the game yesterday.

Check the pass at the 30 second mark.

If you go to the L. Rytas website, they have a countdown for each next game.... pretty cool addition to the website, imo.
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Nov 20, 2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Wow, so few fans in the stands. How do they make a financial go of it?

Comment

Wow, so few fans in the stands. How do they make a financial go of it?
                        Roommates on the road. Reasonable accommodations. Regular class airfare. A payroll of probably no more than $1.5-2M (I don't know, just guessing).

No sign and trades, no MLE, no Birds Rights - lol.

Comment

• I can understand the logic of some Europeans opting for the packed fieldhouses and stadiums of NCAA basketball over the paychecks of Euro basketball.

Comment

• Well, to begin with this is just an ordinary game against one of the weakest teams in a Lithuanian Basketball League, weakest league where L.Rytas is competing (though it's one of the strongest country leagues in Europe, but not international). Here you go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgKhhXGA06o usual LKL game between two strongest teams in the league, that's where the money come from. I'm not mentioning the final series or games versus other teams from abroad, Euroleague for example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTetSz3UaTc.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Jonas' stat lines may be be amazing, but I love how he fights down low all the time. He never stops. Once he puts some muscle on he'll be tough to contend with down there. plus imagine what he'll be like with a PG like calderon

Comment

I can understand the logic of some Europeans opting for the packed fieldhouses and stadiums of NCAA basketball over the paychecks of Euro basketball.
                                Have you seen some of the games over there? They're like NCAA tournament games. You have to realize there are a lot of teams and more than a couple of leagues. Just as not every college game is packed, not every basketball game in Europe is packed. This is obviously not a marquee game, so it didn't get the fans.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X