No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JV at that 60 number is fair. Its what he' worth. All this 80 talk..... I dunno about that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      I mentioned that a few times - the only logical explanation for a coach to publicly devalue his own player on multiple occasions is to be able to re-sign him on a value contract. Otherwise, it makes no sense. Conversely, you usually pump up a player you're trying to trade and one you have just signed.
      Then you have Masai post season talking about how he is not happy with way JV used and changes coming.

Good cop, bad cop.....but both cops in on it.

It is a great conspiracy theory, no doubt.

Comment

• Lol what if Casey's hatred of JV was all a facade to get him to sign cheaper. I can see it now, as soon as JV puts pen to paper on a 4yr/65M contract...

"Jonas is our guy come hell or high water"

--- Dwane Casey

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
          Lol what if Casey's hatred of JV was all a facade to get him to sign cheaper. I can see it now, as soon as JV puts pen to paper on a 4yr/65M contract...

"Jonas is our guy come hell or high water"

--- Dwane Casey
          Dwane Casey aka the Ultimate Troll
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Dwane Casey aka the Ultimate Troll
            "F___ small ball"

--- Dwane Casey

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
              "F___ small ball"

--- Dwane Casey
              Plays JV and Biz 30 minutes a game all of a sudden

Raptors fans everywhere are confused as fuck
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Plays JV and Biz 30 minutes a game all of a sudden

Raptors fans everywhere are confused as fuck
                Ball movement happens
                OG is our king

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  JV at that 60 number is fair. Its what he' worth. All this 80 talk..... I dunno about that.
                  +1
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                    Ball movement happens
                    NBA Finals, Raptors beat Spurs in 4

Marv Albert: "Dwane Casey completely outcoached Pop in this one folks"

Comment

• I posted, sometime ago that (I think it was) Jack Armstrong said JV isn't complaining about his usage in "crunch time" ... and that when JV felt himself ready to battle the league's best bigs the coach would have to pull him off the floor.

Any chance that's a decent point?

To me, it fits. And is consistent with JV signing a value contract ... because he feels the Raps have been patient with him - rather than (that Casey has been) limiting his development.
                      Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Aug 17, 2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• I like the deal. Fair for an NBA starter.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                          I posted, sometime ago that (I think it was) Jack Armstrong said JV isn't complaining about his usage in "crunch time" ... and that when JV felt himself ready to battle the league's best bigs the coach would have to pull him off the floor.

Any chance that's a decent point?

To me, it fits. And is consistent with JV signing a value contract ... because he feels the Raps have been patient with him - rather than (that Casey has been) limiting his development.
                          Please do not try to use logic. Casey lowered JV's value so much, and screwed with JV's well deserved playing time so much, that JV wants to stay here for much less than he would be worth on the open market. Who wouldn't? One might think JV's agent would have pointed out this nefarious plot, but JV's agent (I think his name is Dwane Casey jr) has only asked "where do we sign ?"
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            JV at that 60 number is fair. Its what he' worth. All this 80 talk..... I dunno about that.
                            NBA writer Matt Moore says:

Jonas Valanciunas is one of those divisive players. He's still young (23), has great size and shows promise on both ends. But his defensive inconsistency cost him the ability to finish games and was a major liability in an area of need for Toronto. He lacks consistency and has very few games per season where he really dominates the competition. However, could he become that kind of player on his next contract? Absolutely. So do you extend him? ....
                            http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...lion-extension

But everyone here blames Casey. Though jack Armstrong (I believe) begs to differ. Anyone agree that the Raptors have been patient ... rather than that Casey has been incompetent (in this respect)?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Please do not try to use logic. Casey lowered JV's value so much, and screwed with JV's well deserved playing time so much, that JV wants to stay here for much less than he would be worth on the open market. Who wouldn't? One might think JV's agent would have pointed out this nefarious plot, but JV's agent (I think his name is Dwane Casey jr) has only asked "where do we sign ?"
                              Is this sarcasm? It seems such a common rant that I'm actually not sure!

Comment

• $60-$70M sounds amazing for a four year deal.

A note on Jonas and defense. Apparently the Raptors had the worst Keep-in-Front % in the league. Meaning our defenders often had their assignments get by them quite easily.

Jonas is probably way better than our system makes it seem.

Comment

Working...
                                X