Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acesup wrote: View Post
    Sorry for the quality. I did not manage to catch a better recording in the internet.
    I love him just throwing the guy oht of the way 45 seconds in.

Comment

• The stat that stands out to me is that JV had just one foul in 27+ minutes.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
        The stat that stands out to me is that JV had just one foul in 27+ minutes.
        Refs were Lithuanians

Comment

• His awareness looks like it's gotten so much better. He seems to have a much better feel on the court and I see what you guys mean when you say 7 assists could've been a reality.

I think my favorite highlight was the second last. A double comes from under the defender, JV sees it and quickly spins to the middle for a quick hook shot. That's not something we would've seen from last year, he would've tried to drive to the middle, not the nice quick move. If that's the new norm then I think he's already improved drastically on the O end.

He looks a lot more coordinated this year too. Movements were more fluid and he had his hands everywhere. Not all those passes in the P'n'R were on target but he got them all no problem

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
            I love him just throwing the guy oht of the way 45 seconds in.
            Same thought. Not sure how much faith we can put in "only 1 foul"

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Same thought. Not sure how much faith we can put in "only 1 foul"
              My recollection is that the international game is a lot more physical. It seems most European players have a hard time for the first little while, adjusting to how the NBA refs call fouls. If my memory is correct, JV shouldn't be picking up fouls. The problem might be he gets acclimatized to European style and then picks up a bunch of cheap fouls the first few games back. Of course, pre-season should help him, avoid that.

Comment

• Talking about that one foul of his in that game. It might have been because of the refs who were locals, but still JV did a pretty good job on the defensive side. Concerning fouls called in the NBA I think that it is absolutely stupid. Refs call fouls on rookies just because they are rookies. Other Lithuanian Donatas Motiejunas had problems with it during the last two season. Refs just whistle fouls for nothing. This needs to change in NBA.

Getting back to JV. Coach after the game mentioned that he is happy about JV's performance in his first game. He quickly got into the rhythm of the game, did well of both sides of the floor. The most exciting thing for the coach was that JV is much faster than the last summer.

Comment

• acesup wrote: View Post
                  ...The most exciting thing for the coach was that JV is much faster than the last summer.
                  Well, that's pretty exciting for Raps fans as well.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Well, that's pretty exciting for Raps fans as well.
                    You mispelled fatter

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      You mispelled fatter
                      You misspelled 'mispelled'.

Comment

• Lithuania is playing Australia ( Exum, Aron Baynes ) in 40 mins.

Link: http://neolive.net/265953/1/Watch-Li...vs-Australia-/

-------------------------------

I hope JV is playing tonight.

Comment

• man what the heck JV looks almost spry in these videos. much more decisive too. i like.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Dellevedova is Australian too. Aussies got pretty good team this year

Comment

• http://www.sportotv.lt/rungtynes/271...es-rungtynes-6

JV playing against the aussies

Comment

• JV defending like freaking Tyson Chandler right there. love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X