Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    aren't you just looking at opposing FG attempts at the rim? if you look at opposing FGM which makes more sense, jonas is worse than those 3.
    I just sorted it by Opposing FGA. I looked at FGP. If you look at FGM than Serge Ibaka is just as good as Drummond. But that's not the case if you're looking at FGP.
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Tue Aug 26, 2014, 08:33 AM.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      On a nightly bases in the NBA I think DD has a harder match than JV.
      Who's stuck defending all the blow by's? Jonas is the last line of defence and is often stuck doing all the dirty work. If the rotations aren't perfect his man is left open. Fives have the hardest position in any defensive scheme. He'll get better. He may not block a lot of shots, but as long as the shots are altered then he is doing his job. I think shot blocking is totally over rated. The true sign of defence is contesting shots, making each attempt more difficult, or even forcing them to pass because a shot just isn't there.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        Who's stuck defending all the blow by's? Jonas is the last line of defence and is often stuck doing all the dirty work. If the rotations aren't perfect his man is left open. Fives have the hardest position in any defensive scheme. He'll get better. He may not block a lot of shots, but as long as the shots are altered then he is doing his job. I think shot blocking is totally over rated. The true sign of defence is contesting shots, making each attempt more difficult, or even forcing them to pass because a shot just isn't there.
        Never mind the fact that Ross, JJ, Fields, and likely Bruno will be guarding the better wing.

Regarding bold: totally agree. You miss the block and your man is likely putting in the putback. Being able to contest and still be in a position to rebound is the ultimate goal.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          It's more about the competition. Those numbers are really low seeing who his playing against. Personally I've accepted that JV will never be the great two way Center that we all want. He'll always need a defensive anchor at the 4 or 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          C'mon, Marc Gasol is thought of as one of the best defensive players in the league and he doesn't have the athletecism that JV does. Granted Gasol has a higher basketball IQ than JV now as well as when he first came into the league, but more experience will solve that issue for JV. He's going to be good as long as he stays hungry.

Comment

• The guy's 22 years old guys.. C'mon now

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              C'mon, Marc Gasol is thought of as one of the best defensive players in the league and he doesn't have the athletecism that JV does. Granted Gasol has a higher basketball IQ than JV now as well as when he first came into the league, but more experience will solve that issue for JV. He's going to be good as long as he stays hungry.
              Don't forget gasol was 24 when he came into league and will be 30 this year. Where will JV be in another 2 and 7/8 years? I can't wait to find out.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Hahaahah. I'm using that as my new avatar. That's hilarious!!!
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• OMG...really???

Comment

• He looks 16.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Don't forget gasol was 24 when he came into league and will be 30 this year. Where will JV be in another 2 and 7/8 years? I can't wait to find out.
                        I agree. Experience is a big part of what improves basketball IQ, so no need to put him in a box and say he'll never be this or that. 5 years from now if he hasn't shown improvement then it's a lot more likely that he may never.

Comment

• Lithuanian NT in shock as starting PG injures at the very start of the game against Croatia. Now they're playing very hesitant ball and are down 12-25 after first quarter

Comment

• Nice move by JV and 1 then hits a 12 ft jumper on the next play. Croatia is playing well but JV can change games now apparently.
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

• Start of second half JV with 16pts on 5/6 shooting. Which is pretty ok. LT still down 10 to the new power house CROATIA
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• Lithuania has to keep going to Jonas. With no PG, their best bet is inside-out play.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X