• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    The dude is automatic from 18 ft and in
    must have missed out.

Comment

• Early on in the season he was knocking down mid range jumpers from all over. He has a very nice shot and release

Comment

• Now he needs to add a few of those Amir-drives with either the turn around, or the hook;
        A few low post moves with his back to the basket;
        an Up-'n-Under move after the fake;
        and how to open more space to receive the pass on the PnR

Those skills + an improving outside shot, should make him and above-average efficient producer. Him and Rudy Gay down the stretch are going to be KEY.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          The dude is automatic from 18 ft and in
          I wouldn't say 18 ft. I'd say he's automatic from 12 and in. And that he's got promise from 15, where he knocks them down pretty well, but where you can definitely see he has room to get better. I don't know if I want him out 18 ft from the rim.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I wouldn't say 18 ft. I'd say he's automatic from 12 and in. And that he's got promise from 15, where he knocks them down pretty well, but where you can definitely see he has room to get better. I don't know if I want him out 18 ft from the rim.
            Ya I guess I exaggerated a bit. 15ft and in he is pretty good: quick release and holds it high

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Now he needs to add a few of those Amir-drives with either the turn around, or the hook;
              A few low post moves with his back to the basket;
              an Up-'n-Under move after the fake;
              and how to open more space to receive the pass on the PnR

Those skills + an improving outside shot, should make him and above-average efficient producer. Him and Rudy Gay down the stretch are going to be KEY.
              Please don't say Amir drives. =P Amir hits the moves he makes now...but they're awkward looking and soft. Even last year a lot of his spin hooks actually were him driving straight into a charge. JV takes the ball much stronger. He definitely needs a lot of reps, but I see the development of solid footwork; he has good pumpfakes both close and far from the rim; a solid looking running hook that just needs reps; a little shake and fade that given the smoothness of his shot and length, could end up being a go-to move....I really think his ceiling is quite high on the offensive end...

Also, on the Rudy note. I rewatched parts of last night's game in Indy. I don't know if anyone was as happy as Jonas with the win and he gave Rudy a big hug after the shot, and after the buzzer where you could see they were also talking. Rudy also seemed to look out for him at times, and came up to him after he was mugged by Hansbrough to see if he was hurt...I really think Rudy is taking him under his wing, and hopefully this can only help his confidence and development.

Comment

• Man Rudy + Val chemistry will be AWESOME.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• jval still got snubbed from the rising stars game for andrew nicholson lol

Comment

• d749 wrote: View Post
                    jval still got snubbed from the rising stars game for andrew nicholson lol
                    Yeah, was bound to happen...I didn't expect him to be chosen.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, was bound to happen...I didn't expect him to be chosen.
                      He was injured for many games plus Chuck and Shaq were choosing the teams and they are morons, they probably decided not to chose him because they couldn't bother to learn how to prenounce his name.

Comment

• Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                          yes

Comment

• Jonas Valanciunas is back among the starters and showing no signs of ever heading back to the bench.

For the second game in a row, Valanciunas was a one-man generator with his non-stop energy.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Basketball.../20568756.html
                            Jonas Valanciunas, making his first start since breaking his finger in December, had 11 points and contributed energy beyond belief. In both this game and Friday’s surprise win in Indianapolis, Valanciunas has shown that he has regained his sea legs following a six-week absence from the lineup.

“You go out there and you see him … and he just loves doing what he does,” Gay said of Valanciunas. “It makes you want to play harder.

“Especially on this team, we need somebody like that.”

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...-over-hornets/
                            Everyone loves a guy who plays hard.

Comment

• The thing I like is he is so genuine as a human being. He has been victimized by a punk (Caron Butler) and a thug (Tyler Hansbrough).

Still he gets up dusts himself off and goes about his work with that same infectious enthusiasm he has displayed from the word go! What's not to love about this kid?

Keep being yourself kid, they don't come any better!
                              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

• He's like the Russell Westbrook of the Center position

Comment

Working...
                                X