X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      this one is hilarious
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        What is Drummond at this point other than Javale McGee with an extra 30 pounds (I had to Google their weights - don't think I believe they're that close).
        This is reductio ad absurdum. Drummond is yes, a hyper-athletic freak, but he also has a brain and is a willing student.
        http://www.si.com/nba/2015/01/13/and...tons-the-craft

The things Van Gundy is doing, like giving him a megaphone in practice so he can speak up and direct the D, showing extreme confidence in him to try new things.... these are the things that are going to help him develop.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          This is reductio ad absurdum. Drummond is yes, a hyper-athletic freak, but he also has a brain and is a willing student.
          http://www.si.com/nba/2015/01/13/and...tons-the-craft

The things Van Gundy is doing, like giving him a megaphone in practice so he can speak up and direct the D, showing extreme confidence in him to try new things.... these are the things that are going to help him develop.
          Sooooo how do we go about getting svg? Because we all know Casey will never do any5hing like this in the name of JV's development

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
            Sooooo how do we go about getting svg? Because we all know Casey will never do any5hing like this in the name of JV's development
            This is where college coaches prove their worth. They have new raw players every year and are used to young players. Getting a guy with no college success is like getting half a coach.

Comment

• For the record, Voulgaris is one of the most successful professional NBA gamblers out there. He makes millions of dollars betting on the NBA, and retired for a bit to act as a direct consultant to NBA GMs. He is basically a hero to sports fans and advanced analytical nerds everywhere.

He calculates odds not just based on player performance, but schedule, coaching staff, tendencies of their GM, the city a road team is playing in, etc.

He probably likes Drummond better than JV because he's still young and his ceiling is higher.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                I dunno about Stan but JVG is one hell of a coach too.

Comment

• Asking JV to switch and guard a deep 2 / 3 point player is BAFFLING.

Was Shaquille O'neal asked to this on the lakers?
                  2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    For the record, Voulgaris is one of the most successful professional NBA gamblers out there. He makes millions of dollars betting on the NBA, and retired for a bit to act as a direct consultant to NBA GMs. He is basically a hero to sports fans and advanced analytical nerds everywhere.

He calculates odds not just based on player performance, but schedule, coaching staff, tendencies of their GM, the city a road team is playing in, etc.

He probably likes Drummond better than JV because he's still young and his ceiling is higher.
                    Voulgaris is a full time NBA king. I'm telling ya, I've seen a lot of gamblers, nba fans, but this guy is different. He's crazy. I couldn't cope watching 10 games a day + all the interviews and shit. Hell no. I'd love to see this guy running an NBA team someday.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      10/10
                      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• Really impressed with his rim protection recently. Guys, I think we have a premier C on our hands. Thank you BC for drafting him.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          Really impressed with his rim protection recently. Guys, I think we have a premier C on our hands. Thank you BC for drafting him.
                          And thank you Chris Grant for passing!

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Really impressed with his rim protection recently. Guys, I think we have a premier C on our hands. Thank you BC for drafting him.
                            2 blocks a game in the last 5 games. His doing a better job being where his suppose to be. Good Jobs JV. That's what we really need from him.
                            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 11:36 AM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              2 blocks a game in the last 5 games. His doing a better job being where his expose to be. Good Jobs JV. That's what we really need from him.
                              Fuck these blocks. All we need is solid rim protection, not a below-average shot blocker. He'll never be 2bpg guy.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                2 blocks a game in the last 5 games. His doing a better job being where his expose to be. Good Jobs JV. That's what we really need from him.
                                I wish there was a stat that tracked # of shots altered, because that's really where he makes his biggest mark defensively, even when he's forced to close-out on guys shooting mid-range jumpers. He had a huge impact defensively last night, far beyond just the # of blocked shots. Even his help defense is coming around, especially in games when he is engaged offensively, to the point that he gets in the flow of the game (as opposed to just sprinting back and forth and setting picks).

Comment

Working...
                                X