Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Toronto's summer league team should be very good, JV, Ross, and Acy leading the way.
    I wonder if there's any chance in zubcic coming over for summer league. I still consider him an unlikely prospect but I can't help wondering how he would look beside the other young guys.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      The new playoff style format is an exciting addition tho. It'll be worth watching, more competition
      Exciting for the viewers. Nevertheless, the talent that goes there every year will not change.
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
        Exciting for the viewers. Nevertheless, the talent that goes there every year will not change.
        The top prospects will be fun to watch. And watching T Ross detonate on some poor souls who happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time

Comment

• All this talk of summer league got me thinking of the co-MVP of last season: Damian lillard and josh selby.

One is ROY and the other is likely out of the league.

One knock against jv for summer league is the ball dominance of guards and lack of team play.

Summer league should be hey look at me league

Comment

• Happy 21st Birthday to our franchise, Jonas Valanciunas!

Comment

• Well he's got good b-day present for himself, so I don't think I need to wish him anything. Well unless, remain simple as you were before coming to Toronto.
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Happy Birthday JV!

Comment

• Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Hahah Thats pretty funny.

Unreal that this guy only turns 21 today.
                    We've got some fun years ahead of us Raptors fans.

Comment

• He's legal now in the states.

Happy birthday big man!

Comment

• Watching Joakim noah only makes me even more excited about JV's future. This guy is going to be something else

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Watching Joakim noah only makes me even more excited about JV's future. This guy is going to be something else
                          Even watching GSW...Physically I always thought Bogut is the best comparison. A big guy, but not a slow giant like Marc Gasol, and a mobile guy, but obviously not quite as quick as a Noah or Chandler. Still think he's got a higher ceiling than Bogut, but I really think physically it's about the right match. I also think Bogut has a very high motor and effort level...maybe not Noah high, but does anyone have that guy's motor? I like JV and think he's definitely up there in that category, but I don't know if anybody touches Noah in today's NBA...maybe KG a few years ago. But anyway, I think most good 2-way Cs have that.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Even watching GSW...Physically I always thought Bogut is the best comparison. A big guy, but not a slow giant like Marc Gasol, and a mobile guy, but obviously not quite as quick as a Noah or Chandler. Still think he's got a higher ceiling than Bogut, but I really think physically it's about the right match. I also think Bogut has a very high motor and effort level...maybe not Noah high, but does anyone have that guy's motor? I like JV and think he's definitely up there in that category, but I don't know if anybody touches Noah in today's NBA...maybe KG a few years ago. But anyway, I think most good 2-way Cs have that.
                            Bingo, I also think (and hope) that JV will have a Bogut type body. Except that JV actually already has an offensive game, while Bogut's offense is very limited.

I don't think that JV's motor is any worse than Noah's to be honest. It was his first year playing in other side of the world, for a relatively crappy team (not much to get excited about), while Noah is playing in a playoff calibre team. If you watched Jonas playing with his junior national teams, his motor, relentlesness and leadership was undeniable.

Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Tue May 7, 2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Another thing is Noah's ability to run the floor very well for a big guy, I think Jonas showed that he has some potential in that area as well:

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                                Another thing is Noah's ability to run the floor very well for a big guy, I think Jonas showed that he has some potential in that area as well:

On the last play, his teammate is visibly wide open, but he chooses to bring it up anyways . Nice to see that facet of his game.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X