No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When compared to Blake, he still looks soooo skinny.

Comment

• Jonas is going through some growing pains these days.

Like all rookies must! He will be fine.
      Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

• StaytheCourse wrote: View Post
        Jonas is going through some growing pains these days.

Like all rookies must! He will be fine.
        +1

Comment

• Jonas' highlights against Nets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGMIjCI-2I4

Comment

• A lot of haters out there dissing JV for not averaging a double-double already. With all this hype surrounding Jonas people tend to forget he was a 5th overall pick in what was considered a pretty weak draft. I think his current rookie stats are just fine. Definitely a steal for the Raptors.

Although in hindsight, there might have been a possibility of Kemba Walker + Andre Drummond in Toronto. You never know who's gonna be a bust and who's not I guess.

Time will tell.
            Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Thu Dec 13, 2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• It seems that Jonas has been improving steadily since the pre-season, as he gets used to the NBA. Watching how hard he works during games, I think he is like a sponge, in terms of soaking up knowledge. Right now he is a little under-sized but that will change over the next two years. As he refines his offensive game, and adds an additional move or two each season, he is going to be a handful for defences to deal with.

He has a nice shot from 15 feet. He needs to add a short dribble and pull-up from the the arc, so he has some additional options when he sets screens and then receives the ball. Currently he automatically looks to pass the ball back because he has no move form there.

I am super happy with his play so far. Less fouling than expected, better offence than expected, and a harder worker than expected.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                It seems that Jonas has been improving steadily since the pre-season, as he gets used to the NBA. Watching how hard he works during games, I think he is like a sponge, in terms of soaking up knowledge. Right now he is a little under-sized but that will change over the next two years. As he refines his offensive game, and adds an additional move or two each season, he is going to be a handful for defences to deal with.

He has a nice shot from 15 feet. He needs to add a short dribble and pull-up from the the arc, so he has some additional options when he sets screens and then receives the ball. Currently he automatically looks to pass the ball back because he has no move form there.

I am super happy with his play so far. Less fouling than expected, better offence than expected, and a harder worker than expected.
                Agreed. I'm following Valančiūnas since he's 17yo and I think he's doing way better than I expected for the first NBA season. And yet some Raptors fans (I think only few) are still not so happy. JV will be better player when he'll reach his peack than most fans expect. Just give him time. I mean 3-4 years, and than ask him to dominate the boards on a constant basis.

Besides, I don't get how JV has only 6 field goal attemps when he shoots over 50% in 34 minute like in a game against Portland (4 - 6). Last game he was shooting 100% but still got only 6 shots. Makes me wonder. Raptors is a mess. Though I'm happy he doesn't feel pressure in his first season.

Comment

• Current Raps record just compliments to your statement Raptors is a mess.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Jonas Valanciunas is the best Lithuanian basketball player of the year!

Lithuanian basketball legend Arvydas Sabonis presents Raptor rookie Jonas Valanciunas with an award for the best Lithuanian basketball player of the year.

Comment

• Easy to forget how big Sabonis is until you see Jonas looking up at him.

Comment

• For all the talk of working with Hakeem, working with Sabonis is nothing to scoff at either. Sabonis mentioned in the game interview he would be working with him this summer with national team.

Comment

• No questioning Sabonis' greatness. The fact that he has been working with the national team in the past suggests that he has teaching skills as well. Don't know about Hakeem. Not everyone can translate what they do (or did during their playing career) into transferable nuggets of knowledge. No reason JV couldn't spend time with both.

Comment

• JV has already surpassed prime Sabonis in at least one category - English language.

Comment

• In the words of the Great Sabonis, "Everything will be okay."
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors looks like Cavs are regretting going with Thompson over JV. The coach says he backs the pick of Thompson but to bring JVs name up to me, means someone up high wished they went with big JV.

Comment

Working...
                                X