Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Give the man minutes! There's no excuse playing him 10 minutes. While he didn't do much on offense he was one of the only guys doing anything on defense. It's insane to me he isn't getting 25 a night MINIMUM.
    and keep him healthy.

Comment

• It's hard to stay on the floor when the referees call 2 fouls per minute on this dude. On the slightest touch (and that's an exaggeration). Refs are fu.cking with this dude. Come on!
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
        It's hard to stay on the floor when the referees call 2 fouls per minute on this dude. On the slightest touch (and that's an exaggeration). Refs are fu.cking with this dude. Come on!
        Wouldn't be surprised if that's true.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Hibbert, Brook Lopez, Pek, Perkins and Kaman have all become stars (in the refs eyes) for a game each, getting to the free throw line all the time when JV was on the floor.

Especially Lopez... that was horrid.
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Like I understand calling fouls when JV is out of position when rotating on help side D. But 1 on 1 post d, he just has his hands up & there's barely any contact, you can't call a foul on that. It would be different if they call a foul on the other team everytime it happens, but calling one action a foul on one end but not on another simply because we have a reputation of fouling does not make sense. How do they define a foul? If it says Raptors on the jersey? It's horrible officiating, to the point where you question their integrity. Are these f.ucktards owned by Vegas? Are they just stup!d? Are they simply biased? One thing I know is, JV does not foul nearly as much as he gets called for.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
              Like I understand calling fouls when JV is out of position when rotating on help side D. But 1 on 1 post d, he just has his hands up & there's barely any contact, you can't call a foul on that. It would be different if they call a foul on the other team everytime it happens, but calling one action a foul on one end but not on another simply because we have a reputation of fouling does not make sense. How do they define a foul? If it says Raptors on the jersey? It's horrible officiating, to the point where you question their integrity. Are these f.ucktards owned by Vegas? Are they just stup!d? Are they simply biased? One thing I know is, JV does not foul nearly as much as he gets called for.
              That goes to most big men overall. I think we notice it more because we don't have a big man posting up all the time, so we don't get to compensate for the stupid calls. They should just let the big men play, how on earth are they supposed to play defense if good defense=fouls?

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                That goes to most big men overall. I think we notice it more because we don't have a big man posting up all the time, so we don't get to compensate for the stupid calls. They should just let the big men play, how on earth are they supposed to play defense if good defense=fouls?
                Seriously.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• What are everyone's thoughts on how Jonas was on defense vs the Magic? Vucevic abused him early with Davis dead quite. In the second half they switched him to Davis and then Davis started going off. Seems like teams are really targeting him as this wasn't the first time this year it was so glaringly obvious. I just hope the kids confidence doesn't drop as it looks like teams are gonna go after him. As he gets stronger this won't be an issue but I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts regarding his defense or lack there of individually.

Comment

• Teams starters see him as the weak point, because he is a rookie.

He'll adjust, and start pounding those bigs to the ground
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                      What are everyone's thoughts on how Jonas was on defense vs the Magic? Vucevic abused him early with Davis dead quite. In the second half they switched him to Davis and then Davis started going off. Seems like teams are really targeting him as this wasn't the first time this year it was so glaringly obvious. I just hope the kids confidence doesn't drop as it looks like teams are gonna go after him. As he gets stronger this won't be an issue but I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts regarding his defense or lack there of individually.
                      Generally, he's been struggling. No question. The good thing is that he usually makes adjustments when he sees a guy again (i.e. Hibbert). So, let's hope that continues. And, like any player, he plays better when he's involved in the offense. They need to get him some easy looks early in games.

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                        What are everyone's thoughts on how Jonas was on defense vs the Magic? Vucevic abused him early with Davis dead quite. In the second half they switched him to Davis and then Davis started going off. Seems like teams are really targeting him as this wasn't the first time this year it was so glaringly obvious. I just hope the kids confidence doesn't drop as it looks like teams are gonna go after him. As he gets stronger this won't be an issue but I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts regarding his defense or lack there of individually.
                        He was awful. But he has been good to great at times as well.

Life as a rookie.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          He was awful. But he has been good to great at times as well.

Life as a rookie.

2nd half he turned it on, he was eating up boards and going for 2nd chance pts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fV4Tjo-Gn0

There was that nice putback with a few defenders around him as well
                          Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Mon Nov 19, 2012, 04:15 PM.
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                            2nd half he turned it on, he was eating up boards and going for 2nd chance pts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fV4Tjo-Gn0

There was that nice putback with a few defenders around him as well
                            No doubt he had some great hustle plays.

But on defense, he predominantly was owned by whoever - especially early.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              No doubt he had some great hustle plays.

But on defense, he predominantly was owned by whoever - especially early.
                              All on the coaches to realize the match-up problems. If one-on-one post isn't working. Play a shell system. Front, and have a weak-side defender. I mean, as much as Jonas has been making adjustments, if something isn't working, it shouldn't be JUST HIM making those adjustments.

Strength is not very good for JV vs. Big men, but that's not something JV can adjust after 1 quarter, LOL.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                All on the coaches to realize the match-up problems. If one-on-one post isn't working. Play a shell system. Front, and have a weak-side defender. I mean, as much as Jonas has been making adjustments, if something isn't working, it shouldn't be JUST HIM making those adjustments.

Strength is not very good for JV vs. Big men, but that's not something JV can adjust after 1 quarter, LOL.
                                Which takes us back to the 'life as a rookie' comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X