Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: James Johnson: 3/3 FG and 3 Rebs in.. 9:17..... why is he our 10th man Dwane Casey??

Raptors Republic Rookie Brian Scallabrine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default James Johnson: 3/3 FG and 3 Rebs in.. 9:17..... why is he our 10th man Dwane Casey??

Greivis played well and had himself a pretty nice game, but 33 minutes?
    DD played rather awfully yet 28 minutes?
    Lou will 3/11 shooting (not to mention atleast 3 classic lou 20 seconds on the shotclock huck threes) and 25 minutes?

What's the beef with JJ and DC these days? Our team looks like a team with him on the floor.

Raptors Republic Rookie Zeknight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey is an easily influenced, non X n O coach that tunnel visions on one thing and focuses on it even if its complete garbage.

Or at least that is what he makes himself appear to be...

Maybe he should focus on changing his 'image'

jusssssssst kidding RR>> ISO undersized guards ISO undersized guards ISO undersized guards BENCH jv "KEEP CHUCKING 18 SEC SHOT CLOCK GUIZZZ"
    Last edited by Zeknight; Sat Jan 24th, 2015 at 02:35 AM.
    - You can be called "Zemic" -

Raptors Republic Starter godkingleonidas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Coach has his favourites. To us, they defy logic but, the pundits swear that he knows what he's doing. I'm content to let this season play out and see what moves are/will be made in the offseason.

4. Like Raptor Jesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

who pays the pundits?
    People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
    1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
    6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift 10) Rocwell 11) Everyone

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ is in Casey's dog house.. will never know why because the Raptors are able to keep things tight lipped. His talent fits this team because he can't shoot and doesn't try to.. so you don't see any ISO situations with him. So it would be nice to see more of him. But he must have done something or said something that ticked Casey off.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Please make this happen:

PG - Lowry
    SG - DeRozan
    SF - J Johnson
    PF - Patterson
    C - Valanciunas

Why is this so hard to figure out. And for a team that doesn't have any egos, Casey's sure is looming larger here with the constant (random) benching. I don't know anything about NBA coaching but this is getting ridiculous.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

8. Like Nilanka, caccia, Mapko, Beagle liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    JJ is in Casey's dog house.. will never know why because the Raptors are able to keep things tight lipped. His talent fits this team because he can't shoot and doesn't try to.. so you don't see any ISO situations with him. So it would be nice to see more of him. But he must have done something or said something that ticked Casey off.
    Actually, his post ups where he gets directly tot the rim are technically considered ISOs.

And maybe it isn't just Casey, he's played himself out of the rotation every year he's been in the league. He did it in Chicago, then in Toronto, Sacramento did the same, and even last year in Memphis he started to get a lot of playing time then disappeared late in the season. Fans in Memphis also wanted him to start over prince but their 'idiotic' coach wouldn't play him either.

It seems like a pattern tbh...
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Actually, his post ups where he gets directly tot the rim are technically considered ISOs.

And maybe it isn't just Casey, he's played himself out of the rotation every year he's been in the league. He did it in Chicago, then in Toronto, Sacramento did the same, and even last year in Memphis he started to get a lot of playing time then disappeared late in the season. Fans in Memphis also wanted him to start over prince but their 'idiotic' coach wouldn't play him either.

It seems like a pattern tbh...

Yeah he must do some stupid sh!t behind the scenes that keeps him on the bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    Please make this happen:

PG - Lowry
    SG - DeRozan
    SF - J Johnson
    PF - Patterson
    C - Valanciunas

Why is this so hard to figure out. And for a team that doesn't have any egos, Casey's sure is looming larger here with the constant (random) benching. I don't know anything about NBA coaching but this is getting ridiculous.
    I want this lineup so bad.

DD will probably do a lot better in his natural SG spot, JJ is very versatile and 2Pat can stretch the floor, and has been rebounding like a boss lately.

What's not to like?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 007 wrote: View Post
    I want this lineup so bad.

DD will probably do a lot better in his natural SG spot, JJ is very versatile and 2Pat can stretch the floor, and has been rebounding like a boss lately.

What's not to like?

What does the 2nd unit looks like ?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote distorsun wrote: View Post
    Vasquez
    Lou
    Ross
    Tyler
    Amir

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote distorsun wrote: View Post
    second unit still looks beastly, you got GV and amir pick n rolls for days, amir will feast on the inferior competition off the bench. Then you got Ross and lou who will be your shooters off the bench, then for now you got hans as your backup C but you can make a trade to change that.

Raptors Republic Starter SamMitchells's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's sad but the average fan is smarter than Dwayne Casey and I intend no troll with this comment. He's just a moron, he lacks brain cells.
    I understand why Masai rehired him, he's a stepping stone. That's all.
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Raptors Republic All-Star MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SamMitchells wrote: View Post
    It's sad but the average fan is smarter than Dwayne Casey and I intend no troll with this comment. He's just a moron, he lacks brain cells.
    I understand why Masai rehired him, he's a stepping stone. That's all.
    Stepping stone means it's a foundation that we intend to build upon. What can we build upon from this year? Vasquez shitting the bed as back up pg? LouWill trying to shoot himself a new contract? Ross going to the bench? Kyle Lowry growing older? Derozan laying brick after brick?

If we bringing a new coach with new offensive system and new defensive system then this year is not a stepping stone. You can forget this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Please make this happen:

PG - Lowry
    SG - DeRozan
    SF - J Johnson
    PF - Patterson
    C - Valanciunas

I agree that it is beyond stupid to not give this line-up a try. It seems it would present a starting line-up that can hold its own (better defense), giving JV better development that he's getting now, and it would make our bench even stronger while giving Amir a touch of ankle-ease. It's been the bench winning the most games for us, so I don't see a problem with this theory. Of course, it might not work as planned, but why wouldn't Casey give it a try.

Honestly, for having one of the deepest teams in the league, he's been pretty uncreative with it.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Please make this happen:

PG - Lowry
    SG - DeRozan
    SF - J Johnson
    PF - Patterson
    C - Valanciunas

Honestly I think our smartest lineup that can defend and run plays the best would be

Lowry
    Ross
    Johnson
    Patterson
    JV

DD can sit his ass down. Lou can never play again. Amir can go get surgery. Vasquez can be traded.

We then have a 4 men off the bench

Undisclosed Point Guard
    DeMar
    Bruno
    Bebe

DeMar can be a focal point off the bench and use Bruno as a spot up shooter. JJ and Patterson can split PF minutes, or we can run 4 out 1 in with Valanciunas. Stagger the minutes of Bruno and Bebe to limit rookie mistakes, yet this way we can develop them quicker and better (IF we have a strong, non-chucker system). [Or trade DD]

Run the offense through Valanciunas or James Johnson at the high post (FT line). Both players give different options, but both are efficient there. This will suck in the D and allow us to run PnR's closer to the basket, and open up the three point line.

Defensively put Ross on the opposing PG's every game for as long as he can play. Tell him to hound him the full 94 feet. Will slow down the pace and wear down people in the long game, dude has the speed and I bet he would take the challenge. Change our half court defensive system to deny penetration, have JV step up above the restricted area when defending the rim. Right now he is always under the basket (why does Casey think this is a good idea?)
    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    What do you know, we tried to tank and it worked!

19. Like SamMitchells, Yabadabayolo, Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    who pays the pundits?
    Exactly.

Finding a credible source that does not have a financial interest in the product they are analyzing can be a challenge.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Honestly I think our smartest lineup that can defend and run plays the best would be

Lowry
    Ross
    Johnson
    Patterson
    JV

DD can sit his ass down. Lou can never play again. Amir can go get surgery. Vasquez can be traded.

We then have a 4 men off the bench

Undisclosed Point Guard
    DeMar
    Bruno
    Bebe

DeMar can be a focal point off the bench and use Bruno as a spot up shooter. JJ and Patterson can split PF minutes, or we can run 4 out 1 in with Valanciunas. Stagger the minutes of Bruno and Bebe to limit rookie mistakes, yet this way we can develop them quicker and better (IF we have a strong, non-chucker system). [Or trade DD]

Run the offense through Valanciunas or James Johnson at the high post (FT line). Both players give different options, but both are efficient there. This will suck in the D and allow us to run PnR's closer to the basket, and open up the three point line.

Defensively put Ross on the opposing PG's every game for as long as he can play. Tell him to hound him the full 94 feet. Will slow down the pace and wear down people in the long game, dude has the speed and I bet he would take the challenge. Change our half court defensive system to deny penetration, have JV step up above the restricted area when defending the rim. Right now he is always under the basket (why does Casey think this is a good idea?)
    Lmfao I think that's sarcasm but I'm not sure

If its not, I'd like to remind you that bruno couldn't even get minutes in the d league, he's not going to be able to come off the becnch and shoot threes. Nor is bebe ready yet.

IMO I think that is a strong lottery team that could potentially sneak in as the 8th seed with 33 wins. But that's depending on how god like lowry and Jv could play lol

Hilarious if is sarcasm though lol
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Lmfao I think that's sarcasm but I'm not sure

If its not, I'd like to remind you that bruno couldn't even get minutes in the d league, he's not going to be able to come off the becnch and shoot threes. Nor is bebe ready yet.

IMO I think that is a strong lottery team that could potentially sneak in as the 8th seed with 33 wins. But that's depending on how god like lowry and Jv could play lol

Hilarious if is sarcasm though lol
    Not sarcasm

How do you know Bruno is unable to fulfill this role?

He can shoot. He can defend (especially in a conservative system).
    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    What do you know, we tried to tank and it worked!

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Not sarcasm

How do you know Bruno is unable to fulfill this role?

He can shoot. He can defend (especially in a conservative system).
    Well with all due respect, Bruno is trully two years away from even considering this idea. I invested my time to see how he plays (d-league), he's bad, just bad at this moment.
    #FREE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information