• F

2 2.13%
Page 88 of 159 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 3165

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Everyone loves a guy who plays hard.
    If you have a presence, and an energy to really force or fuel your teammates to play better, harder on the defensive end, you've got the attributes of a defensive anchor.

Valanciunas definitely has the ability and will have the ability to be a defensive anchor.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    The dude is automatic from 18 ft and in
    He shoots 44.4% from 10 to 15 feet, and 41.0% from 16 to 23 feet, far from automatic.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?...%20Valanciunas

DeRozan shoots 36.0% (10-15) and 41.0% (16-23), Gay 45.1% and 41.1% (Memphis data only). Keep in mind a higher proportion of DeRozan's and Gay's shots are contested.

It will be interesting to see if he can continue to raise these (open shot) percentages and force the defense to guard him more closely. The Raptor wings could certainly benefit from better spacing.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    He shoots 44.4% from 10 to 15 feet, and 41.0% from 16 to 23 feet, far from automatic.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?...%20Valanciunas

DeRozan shoots 36.0% (10-15) and 41.0% (16-23), Gay 45.1% and 41.1% (Memphis data only). Keep in mind a higher proportion of DeRozan's and Gay's shots are contested.

It will be interesting to see if he can continue to raise these (open shot) percentages and force the defense to guard him more closely. The Raptor wings could certainly benefit from better spacing.
    Using Hoopsdata.com he is 17th in 10-15 feet and 11th in 16-23 feet among 36 eligible players (C's only, 20+ mins per game).

He is just 20, I feel good about his prospects but he is not automatic now.

**Off Topic**

I found Drummond's stats interesting: 71% at rim, 18% 3-9ft, 0% 10-15ft.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yet he's 50% from the 3 point line

Having said that, 73% of his shot attempts are either dunks or layups.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    +1 for being the first to find and post this

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Using Hoopsdata.com he is 17th in 10-15 feet and 11th in 16-23 feet among 36 eligible players (C's only, 20+ mins per game).

He is just 20, I feel good about his prospects but he is not automatic now.

**Off Topic**

Valanciunas percentages will go up as he gets better and down as he gets more closely guarded. Without his and his peer open/contested shot breakdown, I would not put too much emphasis on his ranking within his group.

Let's hope he gets good enough that he will have to be guarded all the time. The end result will be better percentages shots for the team, which hopefully will translate into wins.

As to Andre Drummond. he has no range whatsoever and throws air balls from the free throw line on a regular basis. He started the season well (for him) making 28 of his 69 free throw attempts (40.6%) in 2012 before returning to numbers which are consistent with his percentage in college (29.5%). Drummond made 14 of his 46 free throw attempts (30.4%) in 2013.

I wanted the Raptors to draft him but I am still not sold whether he was worth the risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Valanciunas percentages will go up as he gets better and down as he gets more closely guarded. Without his and his peer open/contested shot breakdown, I would not put too much emphasis on his ranking within his group.

Let's hope he gets good enough that he will have to be guarded all the time. The end result will be better percentages shots for the team, which hopefully will translate into wins.

As to Andre Drummond. he has no range whatsoever and throws air balls from the free throw line on a regular basis. He started the season well (for him) making 28 of his 69 free throw attempts (40.6%) in 2012 before returning to numbers which are consistent with his percentage in college (29.5%). Drummond made 14 of his 46 free throw attempts (30.4%) in 2013.

I wanted the Raptors to draft him but I am still not sold whether he was worth the risk.
    His body was what worried me..... and the free throws lol.

His knees were my concern but this fall he took and fractured vertebra is scary stuff. I hope it was really just a freak accident and not a sign of things to come for a young man (19) who has been carrying 260+lb for a number of years with very high impact athleticism.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I forget he's still just 20....that's so young for centres...I'm so damn happy to see him playing some games again. Even with the trade, the most exciting thing for me has been JV. He just oozes potential in all aspects of the game...

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    IVE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE FOR THIS!!!!

When I saw it live, I fell off my chair laughing. It was such a bad call by the refs. But... "BALL DONT LIE!"
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

some thoughts

Since Jonas started this year I have been extremely frustrated with the way Casey utilizes his him. One game 20 minutes, the next 10 minutes, then another at 30 minutes. Sometimes he pulls him with 3 fouls(!), sometimes lets him fouls out.

Fast forward post injury, post trade. Casey has given Jonas some good minutes in the past two games, and we've been rewarded with double doubles in both. 2 blocks-per to boot.

I'm making this thread because watching Jonas play, you can clearly see the potential he has to unleash. So I decided to look up the actual stats, and compare to him to say ... #1 draft pick and Team USA candidate Anthony Davis?

http://bkref.com/tiny/X4wsT

Code:
    Rk	Player			From	To	G	MP	PER	TS%	eFG%	ORB%	DRB%	TRB%	AST%	STL%	BLK%	TOV%	USG%	ORtg	DRtg	OWS	DWS	WS	WS/48
    1	Anthony Davis		2013	2013	39	1084	20.1	.546	.510	9.5	22.0	15.7	5.4	2.3	5.6	11.3	21.4	108	103	1.5	1.5	3.0	.133
    2	Jonas Valanciunas	2013	2013	33	708	14.4	.570	.532	10.4	19.2	14.6	7.0	0.7	4.1	16.3	17.0	108	107	0.9	0.6	1.5	.100
    Davis hasn't had a great year. In my opinion at least. Others would argue hes doing exactly what they expect of him. I think he was over hyped a bit. By the numbers at least, Jonas is as good, if not better than Davis offensively. Defensively, the stats say Jonas has a better overall % rating, but I'm going to go ahead and say Davis is probably better in this department since he's pretty good at steals, and gets a little under 2x blkpg more than jonas.

But really. I watch Jonas for those dunks. Give this man his minutes and let the kid dunk the ball. Hell, when you're looking at a starting line up of Lowry - Demar - Gay - Amir - Jonas, you'd think Toronto would get all their points inside the paint?!

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's back on the rookie ladder at 9th place.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tyson Chandler that dirty punk elbowing our JV I yelled at my tv when that he pulled that shit.... should now better, these guys better enjoy this now cause JV is going to get stronger and push back someday.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default jonas V

i was thinking this summers why dont we send him to hakeem olajuwon camp
    i really think he could become the next great center

what do you think

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

whose 'we'?

Its as if you are speaking to the board of directors directly LOL
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV is already being coached by one of the best centers of all time in Sabonis. JV just needs to concentrate on gaining strength this summer.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait until next year

Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    I can't wait until next year
    ? It's already next year! :-)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just dropped in to say, I wish JV would get more touches and get a chance to test out his offensive skillset more. We need way more points in the paint to win games, too much perimeter play. For the good of the franchise we need JV to get more plays.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Rudy Gay gets JV the ball when JV wants it.

Plus, that nasty dunk he had on Nene was awesome, and the reaction/scream afterwards was icing on the cake.

Thread Information