0 0%
  • F

2 1.90%
Page 97 of 173 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3441

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, looking at that specific clip, Len looks a bit slow and clumsy to me. Not overly so, but still, I can see it being a concern.

2. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting read on Jonas' summer "vacation" plans:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/17...the-off-season
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Interesting read on Jonas' summer "vacation" plans:

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/04/17...the-off-season
    Cool how Casey is recommending he plays against smaller, quicker and more athletic guys during the offseason. He will be a force to be reckoned with on the defensive end next year.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm, as I was before the season started, of the opinion that he will never be an elite defensive player because of his 'problems' with lateral movement.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I'm, as I was before the season started, of the opinion that he will never be an elite defensive player because of his 'problems' with lateral movement.
    So you totally missed the 3 blocks in 9 minutes aspect of last nights game eh?
    Defensively he has shown signs of utter dominance. I am talking about positioning, rotations, and best of all he is doing much better at keeping him self straight.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

General rule no.1 - never say never. Especially if it's Valanciunas and basketball. He's a kid in terms of his competition, just give him a chance.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    So you totally missed the 3 blocks in 9 minutes aspect of last nights game eh?
    Defensively he has shown signs of utter dominance. I am talking about positioning, rotations, and best of all he is doing much better at keeping him self straight.
    You misunderstood me; I think he can be a very good defensive player. I've always been very high on him. I just don't think he can be an allround defensive force like Chandler. Nothing wrong with that.

And yes, I haven't see any of the last 10 or so games when they weren't on an afternoon. The time difference combined with the fact that the season is already over didn't give me the incentive to stay up or view the next day. I'll hope to see enough of Valanciunas in the summer and that would be my only reason to watch. Even though the Raptors are winning, I don't suppose everything is suddenly different?

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call Chandler an all-around defensive force. I frankly think it's ridiculous he won DPOY last year. He's a good defender and capable of causing problems in the paint. He's good at rebounding and shotblocking, but nothing special in either one. He should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence as actual defensive forces like Howard, Ben Wallace, Dikembe, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, etc....The fact that he won DPOY last year is all politics, because he helped a team win a ring and then got a big contract in NY (where their defensive improvement was not astonishing, by any means, and definitely helped by Woodson's presence, a fantastic defensive coach).

Man, Chandler is such a ridiculously overrated player. Casey/Dallas made his career by teaching him defensive discipline. He was always an over aggressive defender before that, who would pick up too many fouls and overcommit frequently. There's a reason Charlotte's GM was willing to trade Jose for Chandler, and it wasn't because of how amazing Jose was.

***phew, end of rant. If you think Chandler's a great player, that's fine, but to me he's never been that impressive.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Apr 18th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.

10. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad it's fine that I think he is a great player, because I do...

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im glad the team loves one another didnt make the playoffs but you can tell they get along well and have fun together. The entire team except Bargs and Klieza went to watch evil Dead and 42 before the Boston game too.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

Im glad the team loves one another didnt make the playoffs but you can tell they get along well and have fun together. The entire team except Bargs and Klieza went to watch evil Dead and 42 before the Boston game too.
    Jonas is the biggest heckler LOL
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Jonas is the biggest heckler LOL
    so has everyone else been mispronouncing his first name? i always hear "yo-nas" from announcers/commentators etc but so far pretty much every fellow player on the team has called him jonas.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    so has everyone else been mispronouncing his first name? i always hear "yo-nas" from announcers/commentators etc but so far pretty much every fellow player on the team has called him jonas.
    It's actually "Yo-nas" if you want to pronounce it correctly. Landry pronounced it as it should be
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Thu Apr 18th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
    #FREE

16. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    It's actually "Yo-nas" if you want to pronounce it correctly. Landry pronounced it as it should be
    Now what's the real way to say it, is it "Yo-Ness" or "Yo-Nas" ?

Edit: the "Nas" part is pronounced just like the rapper, but not as stretched out if you know what I mean
    Last edited by Sig; Thu Apr 18th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Sig wrote: View Post
    Now what's the real way to say it, is it "Yo-Ness" or "Yo-Nas" ?
    It's Yo-Nas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    It's Yo-Nas.
    Just to clarify, I'm talking about the Lithuanian pronunciation

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    thats weird because at 2:20'ish in that video, landry says jo-nas. rudy has said jonas multiple times in interviews. and that amir johnson pronouncing video also says jo-nas.

i guess its just both, depending on how you want to say it. sorry i'm sure this has been beat to death.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://dailythunder.com/headlines/th...iunas-inquiry/

Raptors 'Quickly Rebuffed' James Harden For Jonas Valanciunas Trade Inquiry From Thunder.

lol
    Last edited by rocwell; Thu Apr 18th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    http://dailythunder.com/headlines/th...iunas-inquiry/

Raptors 'Quickly Rebuffed' James Harden For Jonas Valanciunas Trade Inquiry From Thunder.

lol
    I've said this before somewhere, but I'm so glad this didn't happen. People might say Houston was smart for the deal, but giving up Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb is not the same thing as giving up JV. At the time, it seemed pretty certain Harden was going to be an all-star SG, but I don't know if anyone predicted he'd be able to carry the load he has. And I'm a gigantic Harden fan. He's my favorite SG in the league. But I still wouldn't have given up JV. But if they had wanted Demar and Ross (to mirror Martin and Lamb), I would've done that. I would've offered them their pick of anybody from the roster except JV.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't call Chandler an all-around defensive force. I frankly think it's ridiculous he won DPOY last year. He's a good defender and capable of causing problems in the paint. He's good at rebounding and shotblocking, but nothing special in either one. He should never ever be mentioned in the same sentence as actual defensive forces like Howard, Ben Wallace, Dikembe, David Robinson, Tim Duncan, etc....The fact that he won DPOY last year is all politics, because he helped a team win a ring and then got a big contract in NY (where their defensive improvement was not astonishing, by any means, and definitely helped by Woodson's presence, a fantastic defensive coach).

Man, Chandler is such a ridiculously overrated player. Casey/Dallas made his career by teaching him defensive discipline. He was always an over aggressive defender before that, who would pick up too many fouls and overcommit frequently. There's a reason Charlotte's GM was willing to trade Jose for Chandler, and it wasn't because of how amazing Jose was.

***phew, end of rant. If you think Chandler's a great player, that's fine, but to me he's never been that impressive.
    He's massively overrated. He's not even a top 5 defensive player in the league. I bet anyone that Jonas is going to be way better than Chandler on both ends. He going to be destroying dudes in the paint for years to come
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Thread Information