• B

60 55.56%
  • C

17 15.74%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

2 1.85%
Page 119 of 184 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3677

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV plays today vs Macedonia ( same team who eliminated Lithuania 2 years ago from Eurobasket playoffs in Lithuania so maybe there'll be some fight. ) at 2:00pm ET time.

Post Thanks / Like

Growth of Valanciunas could hold key to Raptors' season

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/feature...ors/index.html

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

Hahahaha

I mean, isn't htat an obvious fact though? I know it's still summer and it's just fluff piece to fill the void...but isn't it like saying clouds could hold key to whether it rains tomorrow?

It's actually not a bad simple breakdown of the Raps, but that title is just too funny to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Hahahaha

I mean, isn't htat an obvious fact though? I know it's still summer and it's just fluff piece to fill the void...but isn't it like saying clouds could hold key to whether it rains tomorrow?

It's actually not a bad simple breakdown of the Raps, but that title is just too funny to me.
    still have 2, 3 more weeks of fluff to endure ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

What? I didn't know he had a lucky growth!?

Valanmotto: The hunchback of Raptorfame
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, at least JV is in NBA front page. LOL.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think JV is more of a sure thing, he`ll at least be a solid center.
    Kyle lowry could hold the key, since he could either have a breakout year or be injured 75% of the year. It`s pretty much a toss-up

Post Thanks / Like

anyone got a link for the game coming up at 2?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    anyone got a link for the game coming up at 2?
    http://www.sportotv.lt/rungtynes/147...uva-makedonija

It's HD

if not works then try firstrownow

Post Thanks / Like

LOL

JV just travelled without moving his feet - ref.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats JV's stats look like?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Not sure, but something like 5-6 pts, couple rebs, 6 turnovers, 4 fouls.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    3-7 from the field, 1-2 from the line, 7 pts, 9 boards (5 offensive), 6 turnovers, 4 fouls. Only played 16 minutes due to foul trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tkfu wrote: View Post
    3-7 from the field, 1-2 from the line, 7 pts, 9 boards (5 offensive), 6 turnovers, 4 fouls. Only played 16 minutes due to foul trouble.
    I didn't see the game so it's hard to know what to make of the foul trouble.

In my head, I'm thinking it's good, because it's the highest level basketball he's played in months. Macedonia, while not a powerhouse, is not a bad team. So it makes sense for him to need to get back up to speed.

But I'm also thinking....was it reffed well at all? Some of those int'l refs are just the worst...THE WORST. I mean, NBA refs are crap too, but I've seen int'l guys frequently make calls that make absolutely no sense whatsoever, such as this that @rocwell mentioned

LOL

JV just travelled without moving his feet - ref.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I didn't see the game so it's hard to know what to make of the foul trouble.

In my head, I'm thinking it's good, because it's the highest level basketball he's played in months. Macedonia, while not a powerhouse, is not a bad team. So it makes sense for him to need to get back up to speed.

But I'm also thinking....was it reffed well at all? Some of those int'l refs are just the worst...THE WORST. I mean, NBA refs are crap too, but I've seen int'l guys frequently make calls that make absolutely no sense whatsoever, such as this that @rocwell mentioned
    I watched the game. It was an awful game with awful refs. JV was called for 3 offensive fouls in the first quarter if I remember right. It was a very physical and all defensive game, but the refs let play on in obvious foul situations half the time, while whistling fouls in situations where 2 big men would go at each other in the post creating normal contact, a couple non-exisitng travelling calls...

JV was extremely intense on positioning in the post and working the offensive glass, so I guess the refs thought it was a bit too much. JV managed to pull down 9 boards in about 15 minutes of PT (5 on the offensive glass). With little PT and foul trouble JV didn't get into any rhythm offensively (he sit out quarters 2 and 3) until 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, when got on the floor again.

Overall, the Lithuanian team played pretty bad over the first half, couldn't complete any passes and finished the first half with 14 turnovers. But effort on D kept them close. In the second half, slowly but surely, they started playing better and made their run in the 4th to win it by 12.

This Lithuanian team has a lot of potential. They should win Eurobasket 2013 in Slovenia. Even when they struggle mightily in a game, they will still always have a chance to win. Their frontcourt players are amazing. Five 7 footers and all very capable on both ends. They also have lots of excellent outside shooters. If they find a way to make the right passes without turning the ball over and establish a good balance between inside and out games as a team, I don't see another team beating them. Hope JV wins GOLD and is named tournament MVP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
    I watched the game. It was an awful game with awful refs. JV was called for 3 offensive fouls in the first quarter if I remember right. It was a very physical and all defensive game, but the refs let play on in obvious foul situations half the time, while whistling fouls in situations where 2 big men would go at each other in the post creating normal contact, a couple non-exisitng travelling calls...

JV was extremely intense on positioning in the post and working the offensive glass, so I guess the refs thought it was a bit too much. JV managed to pull down 9 boards in about 15 minutes of PT (5 on the offensive glass). With little PT and foul trouble JV didn't get into any rhythm offensively (he sit out quarters 2 and 3) until 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, when got on the floor again.

Overall, the Lithuanian team played pretty bad over the first half, couldn't complete any passes and finished the first half with 14 turnovers. But effort on D kept them close. In the second half, slowly but surely, they started playing better and made their run in the 4th to win it by 12.

This Lithuanian team has a lot of potential. They should win Eurobasket 2013 in Slovenia. Even when they struggle mightily in a game, they will still always have a chance to win. Their frontcourt players are amazing. Five 7 footers and all very capable on both ends. They also have lots of excellent outside shooters. If they find a way to make the right passes without turning the ball over and establish a good balance between inside and out games as a team, I don't see another team beating them. Hope JV wins GOLD and is named tournament MVP.
    Thanks for the breakdown

18. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Rapzilla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunkin' Tablets!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapzilla wrote: View Post

Dunkin' Tablets!
    Those Lithuanian ads are hilarious!

21. Like LBF liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapzilla wrote: View Post

Dunkin' Tablets!
    4 second ad? Those Lithuanians...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Page 119 of 184 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 169 ... LastLast

Thread Information