Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 4: Toronto Raptors 83 - Indiana Pacers 100 (Tied 2-2)

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Game 4: Toronto Raptors 83 - Indiana Pacers 100 (Tied 2-2)

Projected Starters:

Key Bench Contributors

AT

Projected Starters:

Key Bench Contributors

GAME NOTES

• Myles Turner is replacing Lavoy Allen in the starting lineup. Ian Mahinmi, who was listed as questionable with a lower back sprain, is playing and remains the starting C.
    • Raps continue to dominate the glass, 47-36. The Raps are the best offensive rebounding team in the playoffs so far (Indy is the second-worst), and Jonas is the leading rebounder in the playoffs.
    • Indy went to the line 33 times to the Raps 16 times in Game 3. Watch for the refs to try and even things out once again in game 4, especially given the jawboning by George and Vogel.
    • Our second consecutive win coincides with a strong showing preventing the 3ball. After letting the Pacers shoot >50% from outside in game 1, we held them to 20% and 27% in games 2 and 3.
    • 24 players have attempted 30 field goals in the playoffs to date. DeMar has the third-worst and Kyle has the sixth-worst true shooting %. (JV is ninth-worst but only because he's been tipping so many offensive rebounds.) We are winning despite our all-star backcourt underperforming, which is good news for our longer-term hopes.
    • Indy reporter on the home crowd:
      The Pacers saw their own fans give up on them, because sometimes you get what you deserve. When this game ended, there were maybe 2,000 fans in the whole building, many of them wearing Raptors jerseys and waving signs that read, “We the North.”

The Pacers? They the embarrassing.

--------------

Purple good luck charm:

Last edited by Scraptor; Sat Apr 23rd, 2016 at 12:31 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another early start on a Saturday, can't watch this one .

Oh well, I'm sure the Raps will take care of business. Just have to be ready to handle Indiana from the get go, they'll be angry. Hopefully the refs don't make this one a crap fest.
    "Oh my god man" - Jonas Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Superstar Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

SCRAPTOR. balls to the fucking walls boys.

i learned how to add gifs today.

Raptors Republic Superstar Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Another early start on a Saturday, can't watch this one .

Oh well, I'm sure the Raps will take care of business. Just have to be ready to handle Indiana from the get go, they'll be angry. Hopefully the refs don't make this one a crap fest.
    3 am start for me.

5. Like mike, prague liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel for Demar. You can tell he wants to do everything he can to help his team but the only way he knows how is scoring. You don't need to do that Demar! You can influence the game and lead your team in so many different ways - driving to open shots for the perimeter guys, dishing on pick and rolls/pindowns, getting guys involved early and racking up assists, moving off the ball on every possession to tire PG, and most importantly, move the dang ball man!
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a very important game to see the make up of this team. They have the lead, they got home court back. Do they get comfortable and come out lazy? Also, they know Indiana is gonna come out guns blazing. Are they prepared to match that intensity and hit back. Good test for this team.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's do this. Bring a lead back to TO.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

throat stepping time

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to miss this game but all I want to come from it is SSJ3 JV

11. Like Mess liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm ready for our first 7 game series win. Can't let them back in it tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Every raptor playoff game I have watched in the last 3 years has been a loss. I started watching Game 1 after halftime, skipped games 2 and 3. I will avoid watching this one to ensure a win.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, not pleased with the early start but at least it's not at brunch time....the Raps as well seem to have an aversion to it.

The Pacers must know that if they lose this game it's pretty much curtains for them. The pressure is on them. How will they react I wonder....hopefully the same way the Raps did game 1...lol.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Raptors Republic Superstar tDotted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge game right here. Let's prove we have "it" and grab a stranglehold on this series.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Current mood:

I DREAM SMALL.

17. Like Nilanka, Dr. James Naismith liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mr.Z's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    Every raptor playoff game I have watched in the last 3 years has been a loss. I started watching Game 1 after halftime, skipped games 2 and 3. I will avoid watching this one to ensure a win.
    thank you.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@raptors ����

A photo posted by champagnepapi (@champagnepapi) on

I DREAM SMALL.

Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm writing a narrative that goes like this:

The Raptors were in third gear for the last couple weeks of the season while Indy was in 5th gear trying to make the playoffs. Raps tried to shift to 5th for game 1 but couldn't do it - Carroll was still a step slow and DD and Lowry put way too much on themselves and played like crap. Each game since then the Raps have been getting more and more in sync. They're finding their rhythm. They're hitting top gear. Indy is already maxed out.

Raps in 5! I want them to win at least one of these games by 30 points. It would be so cathartic.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

21. Like Miekenstien, LJ2 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    I'm writing a narrative that goes like this:

The Raptors were in third gear for the last couple weeks of the season while Indy was in 5th gear trying to make the playoffs. Raps tried to shift to 5th for game 1 but couldn't do it - Carroll was still a step slow and DD and Lowry put way too much on themselves and played like crap. Each game since then the Raps have been getting more and more in sync. They're finding their rhythm. They're hitting top gear. Indy is already maxed out.

Raps in 5! I want them to win at least one of these games by 30 points. It would be so cathartic.
    Win by 30? I raise you that I would like the Raptors to win each game left by holding Indiana to under 80 pts. I think the rest of this series is about honing in on their defence in prep for the next round.

23. Like S.R. liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post

@raptors ����

A photo posted by champagnepapi (@champagnepapi) on

I'm gonna be the a-hole who says Demar doesn't deserve to be on there
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Raptors Republic All-Star ball4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    I'm gonna be the a-hole who says Demar doesn't deserve to be on there
    Im gonna be more positive and just say JV should be in there on the Raptors side

Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information