• D

0 0%
  • F

2 1.75%
Page 23 of 212 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going JVcrazy. WHY CANT NEXT SEASON START ALREADY?!

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Biyombo is a larger stronger Pops Mensah Bonsou
    Oh how I miss PMB )':

Post Thanks / Like

The buyout is virtually nothing for a guy who is poised to have huge paydays in the NBA down the road. Getting over here ASAP, even with the buyout, starts that rookie deal and allows him to be more likely to cash in big twice in North America with veteran contracts. Then you have endorsement deals. He'll be more than fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote japetas wrote: View Post
    He looks like a simple guy, he'll get about $ 3.4M. first year so, $1.5M for him may be enoug. I'm sure his salary in Lithuania is less than a quarter of what he'll get here at the start ($1.5M).
    Don't forget taxes on that $3.4M. He is automatically down to $1.8M.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The buyout is virtually nothing for a guy who is poised to have huge paydays in the NBA down the road. Getting over here ASAP, even with the buyout, starts that rookie deal and allows him to be more likely to cash in big twice in North America with veteran contracts. Then you have endorsement deals. He'll be more than fine.
    He'll be fine eventually I'm sure.

I am sure BC is lining up every major Canadian corporation to pimp out big V.

Post Thanks / Like

With such a diverse population as Toronto there should be lots of opportunities for him the recoup some of that buyout money. I posted comments by JYD in a thread last year. Basically the idea he was expressing was all these American players seem to think that their endorsement opportunities in Toronto are limited but on the contrary, being in Toronto is an advantage, especially to those who aren't top tier stars. He went on to say that in Toronto you really have a whole country besides the U.S. to work with, as opposed to players in the U.S. mainly having strong marketing campaigns in their local city but not nationwide unless they're superstars. Basically if you're not a superstar you'll be hard pressed to find a better market for big endorsements than Toronto. Carter obviously had huge endorsement deals in Canada and everywhere but role players like JYD himself would never get the kind of off the court coin he made in Canada if he were playing for say the Pistons.