View Poll Results: Grade Valanciunas' Season

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    28 29.79%
  • B

    47 50.00%
  • C

    17 18.09%
  • D

    0 0%
  • F

    2 2.13%
Page 41 of 159 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 3175

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

  1. #801
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    what is lithuanias' goal at the olympics? have a range they would consider a success? hopeful bronze medal? compete with greece/spain and argintina?

    so far jonas seems to be getting a lot of running practice

  2. #802
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    what is lithuanias' goal at the olympics? have a range they would consider a success? hopeful bronze medal? compete with greece/spain and argintina?

    so far jonas seems to be getting a lot of running practice
    Goal is semifinals I think. Winning bronze would be considered success. Something above that would be considered dream come true.

  3. #803
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    who is the war hero with the little glasses?

  4. #804
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    These american refs are really poor. It seems like they're letting them play rugby. Lazy f*cks.

  5. #805
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    not enough plays run down low for the bigs i think. bigv hasn't missed a shot and only gets the ball down low once a quarter. 3 nice blocks, really liked the one stopping the dunk.

    not much floor time for bigv either, seems to get caught with moving screens a bit too.

  6. #806
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Impressed with his defense. His offense is going to be a work in progress. A good point guard and playmakers will give him lots of points as he is always around the key. He is one of those guys you have to play with for awhile and learn to trust his hands as there were a few times when the Lithuanian guards could have thrown it over top to him and they never did. Good to watch a live game... thanks for the link omg!

  7. #807
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It says that Valanciunas played 17 minutes, got 12 points, 3-4 FG, 6-6 FT, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 4 fouls.

    However, it really felt like he had at least 5 blocks, lol.

  8. #808
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    It says that Valanciunas played 17 minutes, got 12 points, 3-4 FG, 6-6 FT, 8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 4 fouls.

    However, it really felt like he had at least 5 blocks, lol.

    12 points on 4 shots. pretty impressive.

  9. #809
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    12 points on 4 shots. pretty impressive.
    Yep. An aggressive/energy center with a great free throw percentage is pretty awesome.

    Anyway, what I gathered from postgame interviews, apparently coach was really dissatisfied with JV's game performance at locker room after the match. Seemed pretty odd. It probably had something to do with quick fouls and 4 turnovers.
    Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Sun Jun 24th, 2012 at 06:13 AM.

  10. #810
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Yep. An aggressive/energy center with a great free throw percentage is pretty awesome.

    Anyway, what I gathered from postgame interviews, apparently coach was really dissatisfied with JV's game performance at locker room after the match.
    seems like they are hard on him for nothing. only things i saw negative were the moving screens and seemed to have trouble bringing in rebounds that dropped fast.

    he always had his hands up, he was constantly active on defense.

    what was the coach saying?

  11. #811
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Yep. An aggressive/energy center with a great free throw percentage is pretty awesome.

    Anyway, what I gathered from postgame interviews, apparently coach was really dissatisfied with JV's game performance at locker room after the match. Seemed pretty odd. It probably had something to do with quick fouls and 4 turnovers.
    Aren't offensive fouls considered turnovers? If that is the case then that is where he gathered the at least 2 of his turnovers.

    The coach was visibly angry after his moving screen and threw his arms at him in disgust... the only thing that makes sense is that he felt JV was being lazy and not holding the screen (he seemed to be slipping them and running over the guard a few times) or this is something that they specifically worked on with him. If this is not the case, that is some old school coaching and I hope JV doesn't lose confidence over it.

    On the other hand, he did have JV out there is the last 3 minutes and he was a key factor in the win... a basket to tie the game and a huge block to stop the Brits from pulling ahead. I agree OMG, I thought he had 5 blocks as well.

    I am also surprised to see the 12 point total... watching the game it looked like he had about 6 points. The 6/6 free throw shooting is a quiet way to gather points.
    Last edited by The Coach; Sun Jun 24th, 2012 at 10:55 AM.

  12. #812
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    Just posting related stuff.
    The song is getting annoying though.

  13. #813
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    57
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Jonas Valanciunas

    Jonas has been the source of much angst and anticipation in Toronto for a year now and it seems his arival is finally imminent. The question is; how good is he really? Can he assume the starting C role at some point this season? Where is his ceiling as a player?

    I am of the school of thought that staying in Lithuania to compete on a team full of grown men while being coached by one of Casey's former assistants was the best way for him to develop for the past 12 months. Also, he appeared to be dominant last week in Houston, as usual. Can we project him to be a future star C in this league? Casey was quoted saying he would end up being a Joakim Noah type in the worst case. Based on his motor, mobility give his size, and his excellent rebounding ability he appears to be a Tyson Chandler with a much more polished offensive game. If thrown into a starting role right now I could see him averaging 10ppg 8rpg and 1.5bpg in 27 minutes or so. And this is at 20. Imagine at 25 or 26.

    Thoughts???

  14. #814
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    Jonas has been the source of much angst and anticipation in Toronto for a year now and it seems his arival is finally imminent. The question is; how good is he really? Can he assume the starting C role at some point this season? Where is his ceiling as a player?

    I am of the school of thought that staying in Lithuania to compete on a team full of grown men while being coached by one of Casey's former assistants was the best way for him to develop for the past 12 months. Also, he appeared to be dominant last week in Houston, as usual. Can we project him to be a future star C in this league? Casey was quoted saying he would end up being a Joakim Noah type in the worst case. Based on his motor, mobility give his size, and his excellent rebounding ability he appears to be a Tyson Chandler with a much more polished offensive game. If thrown into a starting role right now I could see him averaging 10ppg 8rpg and 1.5bpg in 27 minutes or so. And this is at 20. Imagine at 25 or 26.

    Thoughts???
    See the very large Jonas thread already started.

  15. #815
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,719
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    Jonas has been the source of much angst and anticipation in Toronto for a year now and it seems his arival is finally imminent. The question is; how good is he really? Can he assume the starting C role at some point this season? Where is his ceiling as a player?

    I am of the school of thought that staying in Lithuania to compete on a team full of grown men while being coached by one of Casey's former assistants was the best way for him to develop for the past 12 months. Also, he appeared to be dominant last week in Houston, as usual. Can we project him to be a future star C in this league? Casey was quoted saying he would end up being a Joakim Noah type in the worst case. Based on his motor, mobility give his size, and his excellent rebounding ability he appears to be a Tyson Chandler with a much more polished offensive game. If thrown into a starting role right now I could see him averaging 10ppg 8rpg and 1.5bpg in 27 minutes or so. And this is at 20. Imagine at 25 or 26.

    Thoughts???
    To be honest, he'll definitely assume the starting C role eventually next season considering we don't really another starting center that is any better than Jonas. I think Aaron Gray (Assuming we resign him) would probably start as center for the first month or so just to ease Jonas into the NBA and then Jonas will eventually take over as the starting center. Aaron Gray would make a good back-up center. As for how he'll do, I hope he could be a 12 PPG, 9 RPG and 1.5 BPG in 25 - 30 minutes, but that might be asking for a bit too much. I'll be happy if he can put up 10 PPG, 7 RPG, and 1 BP. Although, I feel like some people might be disappointed in his performance early on because of the overhype!

  16. #816
    Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would be happy if he avgs 10/7/1.5 blocks. People just need to chill and let the kid play. I remember people going all ape-shit when we drafted him and people really wanted knight or walker. Just try not to expect too much, he might end up
    Surpising everyone.

  17. #817
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    To be honest, he'll definitely assume the starting C role eventually next season considering we don't really another starting center that is any better than Jonas. I think Aaron Gray (Assuming we resign him) would probably start as center for the first month or so just to ease Jonas into the NBA and then Jonas will eventually take over as the starting center. Aaron Gray would make a good back-up center. As for how he'll do, I hope he could be a 12 PPG, 9 RPG and 1.5 BPG in 25 - 30 minutes, but that might be asking for a bit too much. I'll be happy if he can put up 10 PPG, 7 RPG, and 1 BP. Although, I feel like some people might be disappointed in his performance early on because of the overhype!
    Whoa, You're first hope is out to lunch man! 12/9/1.5 in 25-30 mins? Shoot, I might be happy with that in year 3! Only 16 players averaged 9 boards a game last year...

  18. #818
    Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    ...I could see him averaging 10ppg 8rpg and 1.5bpg in 27 minutes or so. And this is at 20. Imagine at 25 or 26.

    Thoughts???
    I see him averaging 11.37 ppg, 7.7 rpg, and 1.23 bpg in 28 minutes and 24 seconds, give or take. By 26 I believe he will improve on all those numbers by exactly 81.6% +/- 2.9% 9 times out of 10.

    :-)

  19. #819
    Raptors Republic Rookie Raptorboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    St. John's
    Posts
    37
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's going to be awesome!! Will avg 13ppg and 8 boards in 30 mins. That's shooting over 65% from the field and 85% from the line. JV is the real deal. He will need a couple years to gain more strength and become accustomed to the league but he will be a perennial all-star in the league. Maybe starting next year? This Raptor's squad finally has a legitimate franchise player. It's been a long time coming but I can't wait to get it started!! Go Raptors!!

  20. #820
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    861
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
    I would be happy if he avgs 10/7/1.5 blocks. People just need to chill and let the kid play. I remember people going all ape-shit when we drafted him and people really wanted knight or walker. Just try not to expect too much, he might end up
    Surpising everyone.

    I have to agree with you. I was one of those who wanted to draft kemba or knight but im very glad bc decided to go with JV. I think the pressure on this kid is unbelievable, everyone needs to seriously calm down about the "perennial allstar" talk he hasn't even stepped foot on a nba floor yet. Sheesh..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. Soft Euro

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •