17 15.74%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

2 1.85%
Page 47 of 188 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Post Thanks / Like

I think if he picks even 1 thing up from even being around Sabonis no matter what it is it is more valuable than being in the summer league.

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    I think if he picks even 1 thing up from even being around Sabonis no matter what it is it is more valuable than being in the summer league.
    Agreed

Also, to those who are saying he should hit the weight room asap - wake up. He's 20 years old. Even though his frame is wide, I doubt he'll ever be Howards size. I believe the most beneficial thing for such a young kid is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. And by practice I mean PLAYING PRACTICE/EXPERIENCE, which he's getting an invaluable amount of at this moment. He will fill out his frame gradually as he's getting older (he's already put some nice, balanced weight this last year), it's NOT HEALTHY to force this bulk up. Do you want him to have Kanter's knees? Or do you want him to be a long-term piece of the Raptors puzzle?

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    Agreed

Also, to those who are saying he should hit the weight room asap - wake up. He's 20 years old. Even though his frame is wide, I doubt he'll ever be Howards size. I believe the most beneficial thing for such a young kid is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. And by practice I mean PLAYING PRACTICE/EXPERIENCE, which he's getting an invaluable amount of at this moment. He will fill out his frame gradually as he's getting older (he's already put some nice, balanced weight this last year), it's NOT HEALTHY to force this bulk up. Do you want him to have Kanter's knees? Or do you want him to be a long-term piece of the Raptors puzzle?

"Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about practice. We sittin' in here, I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we in here talkin' about practice. I mean listen, we talkin bout practice. Not a game, not a game, not a game. We talkin bout practice. Not a game, not a, not a, not the game that I go out there and die for, and play every game like its my last. Not the game. We talkin' bout practice, man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin' bout practice. I know I'm supposed to be there, I know I'm supposed to lead by example. I know that, and I'm not shovin' it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know its important, I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' bout practice, man. What are we talkin' bout? Practice? We talkin' bout practice man. We talk... We talkin' bout practice. We talkin' bout practice. We ain't talkin' bout the game, we talkin' bout practice, man. When you come into the arena, and you see me play, you see me play, don't you? You see me give everything I got, right? But we talkin' bout practice right now. We talkin' bout practice. (crowd laughs) Man look, I hear you, its funny to me too. I mean, its strange, its strange to me too. But we talkin' bout practice man. We not even talkin' bout the game, the actual game, when it matters. We talkin' bout practice."

-Allen Iverson

Post Thanks / Like

Alex McKechnie and the raps staff know whats up. They arent going to have this kid bulk up where its going to be a problem. This isnt a CB4 era training staff. He just needs to get stronger. Think Tyson Chandler. He isnt bulky. But the guy is strong as a bull.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    Alex McKechnie and the raps staff know whats up. They arent going to have this kid bulk up where its going to be a problem. This isnt a CB4 era training staff. He just needs to get stronger. Think Tyson Chandler. He isnt bulky. But the guy is strong as a bull.
    Yeah, I absolutely have faith in Raptors staff. My point was more like the weight room can wait for now.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

JV's problems last night had little to do with strength and bulk. He took those first 2 fouls at the top of the key bumping or grabbing the player he was screening then a few moments later he picked up foul number 3 when foolishly slammed Santiago on a lay up. Then Puerto Rico went at JV and he was soon fouled out. Chock it up to inexperience but it was not the physical part of this particular game that was Jonas' shortcoming.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like Big V got twitter: @JonasValanciuna

Edit: It seems the account got suspended (probably fake). Terrence Ross retweeted him, which was what led me to believe it was real. Sorry, all.
    Last edited by KingMaxwell47; Sat Jul 7th, 2012 at 01:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    It seems like Big V got twitter: @JonasValanciuna
    fake...account suspended

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This seems like the real one

https://twitter.com/JValanciunas

It's followed by Bargs and Jay Satur

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    This seems like the real one

https://twitter.com/JValanciunas

It's followed by Bargs and Jay Satur
    I seriously doubt it. Just look at his bio. Power forward. Nuff said.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone else notice that Jonas played 6 minutes and had 5 personal fouls? Yikes. Not exactly what a Raps fan wants to see!

http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...sid//game.html

Edit: Oops I'm a little late yall already saw it.

Raptors Republic Rookie G-locity's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

please dont expect a lot from him next season, he's gona be like amir when it comes to fouling but he will adjust in time

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

JV has 17 pts (on 9 shots) and 7 rebounds in the key qualifying game for Lithuania. Al Horford (for PR) had 12 pts (on 13 shots) and 4 rebounds. JV seems to have come through in the clutch. Lithuania qualifies for the Olympics.
    Last edited by Bouncepass; Sat Jul 7th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    JV has 17 pts (on 9 shots) and 7 rebounds in the key qualifying game for Lithuania. Al Horford (for PR) had 12 pts (on 13 shots) and 4 rebounds. JV seems to have come through in the clutch. Lithuania qualifies for the Olympics.
    Thats a good sign after a dismal start

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

JV's stats in final qualifying against Puerto Rico (and Al Horford).

Min: 26:08
    Pts: 17 (6/9 FG, 5/6 FT)
    Rbs: 7 (2 Off)
    1 Asst, 1 Block, 1 Steal, 3 TO.

Fouled out in the last minute, with Lithuania leading by more than 20.

JV was the dominant front-court player for Lithuania in the game. An impressive showing in the most important game qualifying their team for the Olympics, after a disappointing performance in a meaningless game.

Post Thanks / Like

JV was the dominant front-court player for Lithuania in the game. An impressive showing in the most important game qualifying their team for the Olympics, after a disappointing performance in a meaningless game.
    The quarter-final against Puerto Rico WASN'T meaningless. That was the MOST IMPORTANT game of the tournament. And JV had 0 points and 5 fouls in 6 minutes.

Unless by "meaningless game" you mean the match against Nigeria in group stages.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

this game wasn't againts puerto rico but againts dominican res.

you should actually watch the games versus dominican res. Lithuania dominated - valanciunas got easy time. don't wanna bash the kid - but he is yet to play good at important moments of the game for LTU team. game vs puerto rico was so much harded and he fouled out in 6 mins stupidly. hopefully just too much energy - overdid his defense
    Last edited by Skaloon; Sun Jul 8th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Lithuania brings back the tied eye uniforms for the Olympics as a 20 year anniversary.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    The quarter-final against Puerto Rico WASN'T meaningless. That was the MOST IMPORTANT game of the tournament. And JV had 0 points and 5 fouls in 6 minutes.

Unless by "meaningless game" you mean the match against Nigeria in group stages.
    Yes, sorry, I meant the Nigeria game. Thanks for clarifying. JV was crappy vs. PR, and that was an important game. I actually saw some of it live on a good feed (I was overseas). The problem for JV has been fouls, and the officiating in some of these games is impossible to figure out. There were several fouls called on JV during the tournament that would definitely not be fouls in the NBA. In particular, there were a number of plays that would have been called offensive because the driver used the off-hand to push away the defender. In that FIBA tournament, those fouls almost always go to the defender.

Post Thanks / Like

people also need to remember this is a new team he is playing on. Having watched some of the play I can tell you they are lost on offense, and defensive rotations. JV's Olympic results should best be judged when they trounce the US in the gold medal game behind JVs 40pts 20 boards 10 assists and 30 blocks...god damn these mushrooms kicked in fast

Page 47 of 188 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 147 ... LastLast

Thread Information