Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    On the putback dunk? I think it was AA and Ross

EDIT: On the last shot of that vid it was almost definitely AA
    I think you are right. Love the energy!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW i wanted to say that i'm very suprised by JV's performance right now. i was the pessimistic one if anyone remembers. JV gonna do fine in NBA. it seems that NBA style fits him way better than EU. he will prolly make All-star team one day.

cheers

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Skaloon wrote: View Post
    ...he will prolly make All-star team one day. cheers
    With you 100% on that one. He is going to be a monster. Some of the fouls that are limiting his minutes are because of the atrocious number of missed defensive assignments his team mates are making. JV comes in to try and clean up the mess and the refs are nailing him.

Post Thanks / Like

Give the man minutes! There's no excuse playing him 10 minutes. While he didn't do much on offense he was one of the only guys doing anything on defense. It's insane to me he isn't getting 25 a night MINIMUM.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't really understand the foul trouble benchings either. If he fouls out, so be it. It's like Casey's saving Jonas for later in the game, then keeps him on the sidelines when that time comes.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Give the man minutes! There's no excuse playing him 10 minutes. While he didn't do much on offense he was one of the only guys doing anything on defense. It's insane to me he isn't getting 25 a night MINIMUM.
    and keep him healthy.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to stay on the floor when the referees call 2 fouls per minute on this dude. On the slightest touch (and that's an exaggeration). Refs are fu.cking with this dude. Come on!
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    It's hard to stay on the floor when the referees call 2 fouls per minute on this dude. On the slightest touch (and that's an exaggeration). Refs are fu.cking with this dude. Come on!
    Wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hibbert, Brook Lopez, Pek, Perkins and Kaman have all become stars (in the refs eyes) for a game each, getting to the free throw line all the time when JV was on the floor.

Especially Lopez... that was horrid.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I understand calling fouls when JV is out of position when rotating on help side D. But 1 on 1 post d, he just has his hands up & there's barely any contact, you can't call a foul on that. It would be different if they call a foul on the other team everytime it happens, but calling one action a foul on one end but not on another simply because we have a reputation of fouling does not make sense. How do they define a foul? If it says Raptors on the jersey? It's horrible officiating, to the point where you question their integrity. Are these f.ucktards owned by Vegas? Are they just stup!d? Are they simply biased? One thing I know is, JV does not foul nearly as much as he gets called for.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    Like I understand calling fouls when JV is out of position when rotating on help side D. But 1 on 1 post d, he just has his hands up & there's barely any contact, you can't call a foul on that. It would be different if they call a foul on the other team everytime it happens, but calling one action a foul on one end but not on another simply because we have a reputation of fouling does not make sense. How do they define a foul? If it says Raptors on the jersey? It's horrible officiating, to the point where you question their integrity. Are these f.ucktards owned by Vegas? Are they just stup!d? Are they simply biased? One thing I know is, JV does not foul nearly as much as he gets called for.
    That goes to most big men overall. I think we notice it more because we don't have a big man posting up all the time, so we don't get to compensate for the stupid calls. They should just let the big men play, how on earth are they supposed to play defense if good defense=fouls?

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    That goes to most big men overall. I think we notice it more because we don't have a big man posting up all the time, so we don't get to compensate for the stupid calls. They should just let the big men play, how on earth are they supposed to play defense if good defense=fouls?
    Seriously.

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What are everyone's thoughts on how Jonas was on defense vs the Magic? Vucevic abused him early with Davis dead quite. In the second half they switched him to Davis and then Davis started going off. Seems like teams are really targeting him as this wasn't the first time this year it was so glaringly obvious. I just hope the kids confidence doesn't drop as it looks like teams are gonna go after him. As he gets stronger this won't be an issue but I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts regarding his defense or lack there of individually.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Teams starters see him as the weak point, because he is a rookie.

He'll adjust, and start pounding those bigs to the ground

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on how Jonas was on defense vs the Magic? Vucevic abused him early with Davis dead quite. In the second half they switched him to Davis and then Davis started going off. Seems like teams are really targeting him as this wasn't the first time this year it was so glaringly obvious. I just hope the kids confidence doesn't drop as it looks like teams are gonna go after him. As he gets stronger this won't be an issue but I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts regarding his defense or lack there of individually.
    Generally, he's been struggling. No question. The good thing is that he usually makes adjustments when he sees a guy again (i.e. Hibbert). So, let's hope that continues. And, like any player, he plays better when he's involved in the offense. They need to get him some easy looks early in games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    He was awful. But he has been good to great at times as well.

Life as a rookie.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He was awful. But he has been good to great at times as well.

Life as a rookie.

2nd half he turned it on, he was eating up boards and going for 2nd chance pts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fV4Tjo-Gn0

There was that nice putback with a few defenders around him as well
    Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    2nd half he turned it on, he was eating up boards and going for 2nd chance pts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fV4Tjo-Gn0

There was that nice putback with a few defenders around him as well
    No doubt he had some great hustle plays.

But on defense, he predominantly was owned by whoever - especially early.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No doubt he had some great hustle plays.

But on defense, he predominantly was owned by whoever - especially early.
    All on the coaches to realize the match-up problems. If one-on-one post isn't working. Play a shell system. Front, and have a weak-side defender. I mean, as much as Jonas has been making adjustments, if something isn't working, it shouldn't be JUST HIM making those adjustments.

Strength is not very good for JV vs. Big men, but that's not something JV can adjust after 1 quarter, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    All on the coaches to realize the match-up problems. If one-on-one post isn't working. Play a shell system. Front, and have a weak-side defender. I mean, as much as Jonas has been making adjustments, if something isn't working, it shouldn't be JUST HIM making those adjustments.

Strength is not very good for JV vs. Big men, but that's not something JV can adjust after 1 quarter, LOL.
    Which takes us back to the 'life as a rookie' comment.
    Bruno Caboclo

Page 81 of 197 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast

Thread Information