View Poll Results: Grade Valanciunas' Season

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    30 27.03%
  • B

    61 54.95%
  • C

    18 16.22%
  • D

    0 0%
  • F

    2 1.80%
Page 81 of 197 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 3926

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

  1. #1601
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    337
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    On the putback dunk? I think it was AA and Ross

    EDIT: On the last shot of that vid it was almost definitely AA
    I think you are right. Love the energy!

  2. #1602
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    86
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BTW i wanted to say that i'm very suprised by JV's performance right now. i was the pessimistic one if anyone remembers. JV gonna do fine in NBA. it seems that NBA style fits him way better than EU. he will prolly make All-star team one day.

    cheers

  3. #1603
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Skaloon wrote: View Post
    ...he will prolly make All-star team one day. cheers
    With you 100% on that one. He is going to be a monster. Some of the fouls that are limiting his minutes are because of the atrocious number of missed defensive assignments his team mates are making. JV comes in to try and clean up the mess and the refs are nailing him.

  4. #1604
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Give the man minutes! There's no excuse playing him 10 minutes. While he didn't do much on offense he was one of the only guys doing anything on defense. It's insane to me he isn't getting 25 a night MINIMUM.
    @jerboat

  5. #1605
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, I don't really understand the foul trouble benchings either. If he fouls out, so be it. It's like Casey's saving Jonas for later in the game, then keeps him on the sidelines when that time comes.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  6. #1606
    Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    603
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Give the man minutes! There's no excuse playing him 10 minutes. While he didn't do much on offense he was one of the only guys doing anything on defense. It's insane to me he isn't getting 25 a night MINIMUM.
    and keep him healthy.

  7. #1607
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's hard to stay on the floor when the referees call 2 fouls per minute on this dude. On the slightest touch (and that's an exaggeration). Refs are fu.cking with this dude. Come on!
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  8. #1608
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    It's hard to stay on the floor when the referees call 2 fouls per minute on this dude. On the slightest touch (and that's an exaggeration). Refs are fu.cking with this dude. Come on!
    Wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

  9. #1609
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hibbert, Brook Lopez, Pek, Perkins and Kaman have all become stars (in the refs eyes) for a game each, getting to the free throw line all the time when JV was on the floor.


    Especially Lopez... that was horrid.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

  10. #1610
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Like I understand calling fouls when JV is out of position when rotating on help side D. But 1 on 1 post d, he just has his hands up & there's barely any contact, you can't call a foul on that. It would be different if they call a foul on the other team everytime it happens, but calling one action a foul on one end but not on another simply because we have a reputation of fouling does not make sense. How do they define a foul? If it says Raptors on the jersey? It's horrible officiating, to the point where you question their integrity. Are these f.ucktards owned by Vegas? Are they just stup!d? Are they simply biased? One thing I know is, JV does not foul nearly as much as he gets called for.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  11. #1611
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    Like I understand calling fouls when JV is out of position when rotating on help side D. But 1 on 1 post d, he just has his hands up & there's barely any contact, you can't call a foul on that. It would be different if they call a foul on the other team everytime it happens, but calling one action a foul on one end but not on another simply because we have a reputation of fouling does not make sense. How do they define a foul? If it says Raptors on the jersey? It's horrible officiating, to the point where you question their integrity. Are these f.ucktards owned by Vegas? Are they just stup!d? Are they simply biased? One thing I know is, JV does not foul nearly as much as he gets called for.
    That goes to most big men overall. I think we notice it more because we don't have a big man posting up all the time, so we don't get to compensate for the stupid calls. They should just let the big men play, how on earth are they supposed to play defense if good defense=fouls?

  12. #1612
    Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lietuva
    Posts
    1,402
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    That goes to most big men overall. I think we notice it more because we don't have a big man posting up all the time, so we don't get to compensate for the stupid calls. They should just let the big men play, how on earth are they supposed to play defense if good defense=fouls?
    Seriously.

  13. #1613
    Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What are everyone's thoughts on how Jonas was on defense vs the Magic? Vucevic abused him early with Davis dead quite. In the second half they switched him to Davis and then Davis started going off. Seems like teams are really targeting him as this wasn't the first time this year it was so glaringly obvious. I just hope the kids confidence doesn't drop as it looks like teams are gonna go after him. As he gets stronger this won't be an issue but I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts regarding his defense or lack there of individually.

  14. #1614
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Teams starters see him as the weak point, because he is a rookie.

    He'll adjust, and start pounding those bigs to the ground

  15. #1615
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on how Jonas was on defense vs the Magic? Vucevic abused him early with Davis dead quite. In the second half they switched him to Davis and then Davis started going off. Seems like teams are really targeting him as this wasn't the first time this year it was so glaringly obvious. I just hope the kids confidence doesn't drop as it looks like teams are gonna go after him. As he gets stronger this won't be an issue but I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts regarding his defense or lack there of individually.
    Generally, he's been struggling. No question. The good thing is that he usually makes adjustments when he sees a guy again (i.e. Hibbert). So, let's hope that continues. And, like any player, he plays better when he's involved in the offense. They need to get him some easy looks early in games.

  16. #1616
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on how Jonas was on defense vs the Magic? Vucevic abused him early with Davis dead quite. In the second half they switched him to Davis and then Davis started going off. Seems like teams are really targeting him as this wasn't the first time this year it was so glaringly obvious. I just hope the kids confidence doesn't drop as it looks like teams are gonna go after him. As he gets stronger this won't be an issue but I'm surprised I haven't seen more posts regarding his defense or lack there of individually.
    He was awful. But he has been good to great at times as well.

    Life as a rookie.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  17. #1617
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He was awful. But he has been good to great at times as well.

    Life as a rookie.

    2nd half he turned it on, he was eating up boards and going for 2nd chance pts.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fV4Tjo-Gn0

    There was that nice putback with a few defenders around him as well
    Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Mon Nov 19th, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

  18. #1618
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    2nd half he turned it on, he was eating up boards and going for 2nd chance pts.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fV4Tjo-Gn0

    There was that nice putback with a few defenders around him as well
    No doubt he had some great hustle plays.

    But on defense, he predominantly was owned by whoever - especially early.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  19. #1619
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No doubt he had some great hustle plays.

    But on defense, he predominantly was owned by whoever - especially early.
    All on the coaches to realize the match-up problems. If one-on-one post isn't working. Play a shell system. Front, and have a weak-side defender. I mean, as much as Jonas has been making adjustments, if something isn't working, it shouldn't be JUST HIM making those adjustments.

    Strength is not very good for JV vs. Big men, but that's not something JV can adjust after 1 quarter, LOL.

  20. #1620
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,283
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    All on the coaches to realize the match-up problems. If one-on-one post isn't working. Play a shell system. Front, and have a weak-side defender. I mean, as much as Jonas has been making adjustments, if something isn't working, it shouldn't be JUST HIM making those adjustments.

    Strength is not very good for JV vs. Big men, but that's not something JV can adjust after 1 quarter, LOL.
    Which takes us back to the 'life as a rookie' comment.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Page 81 of 197 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •