• D

0 0%
  • F

2 1.85%
Page 7 of 187 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Have you seen some of the games over there? They're like NCAA tournament games. You have to realize there are a lot of teams and more than a couple of leagues. Just as not every college game is packed, not every basketball game in Europe is packed. This is obviously not a marquee game, so it didn't get the fans.
    Was going to make these exact points.

Maybe some of you guys who know your way around the Lithuanian League sites could find some Average Attendance Numbers?

I've got a great PDF here that ranks EVERY singe NCAA Basketball team (Div I, II, III) and granted, Kentucky and Syracuse will get their 22,000+ every night. (Which is pretty ridiculous actually.) But there are Div. II teams that draw less people in an entire season, than what Kentucky gets in a single night.
    I'm sure the discrepancies are similar overseas.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Have you seen some of the games over there? They're like NCAA tournament games. You have to realize there are a lot of teams and more than a couple of leagues. Just as not every college game is packed, not every basketball game in Europe is packed. This is obviously not a marquee game, so it didn't get the fans.
    Case in point the Kentucky-Old Dominion game this weekend was barren in the stands.... and Kentucky is #2 ranked team in NCAA.

It was a neutral site game though but still... it is Kentucky!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Lietuvos rytas head coach short interview. He talks about Valanciunas from 6:25 to 7:50.

Last edited by irgigi; Tue Nov 22nd, 2011 at 08:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote irgigi wrote: View Post
    Lietuvos rytas head coach short interview. He talks about Valanciunas from 6:25 to 7:50.

Thanks, irgigi.

It is great to hear his very realistic views and expectations. That appears to be exactly the type of situation JV needs at this time.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

The coach indicated JV had some "problems" but is fit now. Does anyone know what kind of problems?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The coach indicated JV had some "problems" but is fit now. Does anyone know what kind of problems?
    My understanding was fatigue - mentally and physically.

I'm not sure if there was any nagging injury such as a mildly sprained ankle that just needed a week rest.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet he was talking about adjusting problems.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Valanciunas 12 pts (5/6 FG, 2/2 FT), 8 reb, 1 AS, 1 blk in an Eurocup game vs Azovmash

Bosxscore here

Very good game for Rytas, they've crashed opponent, which they have lost to a ~month ago in VTB. Good game for JV as well.

P.S. Kleiza confirmed, he will play in Lithuania during lockout. There are two options considered Lietuvos Rytas or Zalgiris (Weems team), and decision will be made soon.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 22nd, 2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Highlights added

Post Thanks / Like

check out JV at around the 1:00 mark and the 2:00 mark.

You can't teach heart and hustle.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sonny or JV? Which one Linas?

Following up on irgigi's statement, the below was translated using Google Translate. Keep that in mind. But the point is semi-clear - Kleiza will be playing with Sonny or JV unless the lockout is settled (this is where I imagine everyone reading to burst out laughing.... and then crying).

One of the best Lithuanian basketball players Linas Kleiza North American National Basketball Association (NBA) lockout time playing in our country. Known businessman Anthony Guoga agreed with the player to wear one of this country's grand - Kaunas Zalgiris and Vilnius "Lithuanian Morning" t-shirts, writes portal 15min.lt

This news portal 15min.lt confirmed by a businessman and basketball star itself. The truth is still not clear which team will represent the injured player convalescent - "Zalgiris" or "Lithuania morning.

"Yes, I decided to play Lithuania (...). I would not say that there is a very intensive negotiations with one or the other team. The situation with the Lithuanian east is quite clear, but that's Zalgiris has not yet received a specific proposal, "- said Mr. 15min.lt Kleiza. - I have never played in Lithuania, it would be fun now take advantage of this opportunity. Perhaps more of the following will not have life. I think it will be good preparation for the summer before the team. "
    http://sportas.delfi.lt/basketball/l....d?id=52049217

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    check out JV at around the 1:00 mark and the 2:00 mark.

You can't teach heart and hustle.
    I love seeing big men run the floor, and I love it even more when they're rewarded for running the floor. The highlight at the 2min mark was a thing of beauty. It's easy to visualize happening on a nightly basis at the ACC. Mobile 7 footers are still a dime a dozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I love seeing big men run the floor, and I love it even more when they're rewarded for running the floor. The highlight at the 2min mark was a thing of beauty. It's easy to visualize happening on a nightly basis at the ACC. Mobile 7 footers are still a dime a dozen.

Are you sure you used that saying correctly? I think you mean mobile 7 footers are NOT a dime a dozen.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My bad....typed too fast.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Nov 23rd, 2011 at 01:33 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Zalgiris says no to Kleiza

Looks like Zalgiris is out of the running for Kleiza's services:

http://translate.google.ca/translate...26prmd%3Dimvns

Translated to English via Google Translate:

"It is not clear when Kleiza will be a good athletic shape - this season or next. I do not want to participate in this lottery, because then you accuse me. Maciulis also waiting, but who knows when to play. "
    ... basically implying that because of Kleiza's injury it's too risky to sign him to a contract.

I found that reference from Kleiza's Wiki page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linas_Kleiza

On November 22, 2011, he declared that he would play in Lithuania because of the long-time NBA lock-out. He said that he would join Lietuvos Rytas or Žalgiris.[11] On November 24, 2011 Žalgiris owner Vladimir Romanov declared that he wasn't interested in signing Kleiza due his serious knee injury.[12]
    I guess that leaves only Val's team (Lietuvos Rytas) in the running

Post Thanks / Like

A fairly ho-hum game for JV in 17:17mins of action with 6 points on 2/5fg and 2/3ft, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, a turnover, and 2 fouls committed.

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/ule...me?gamecode=43

I have no idea what they are saying but JV comes in around the 2:30 mark... he is a rockstar.

Post Thanks / Like

L. Rytas lost 89-75 to CSKA Moscow. It was a 4 point game going in to the 4th quarter.

JV stat line:

13 points on 6/7 FG and 1/2 FT
    6 rebounds
    0 ast
    0 blk
    1 stl
    1 to
    2 fouls
    22:05min

I saw the play by play and he had 6-7mins fouls in the first period and didn't get another for the rest of the game.

Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Dec 3rd, 2011 at 03:20 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie Rytasfan97's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

13 pts, 11 boards, 2 blocks today in a rout, 3 dunks early in the highlight reel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
    13 pts, 11 boards, 2 blocks today in a rout, 3 dunks early in the highlight reel

That is 13 points on 5/8 shooting and 3/3 from the foul line.

9 defensive rebounds as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Solid outing, he just seems very consistent.

Post Thanks / Like

L. Rytas lost 74-73 in OT. Prokom scored with 5 seconds left after L.Rytas fought back after being down by 6 in OT.

Tough game for JV.

Started great. Got two fouls within 17 seconds in 3rd quarter. Second foul was a 3 point play. Finally put back in with 5 minutes left in the 4th.

Stat line:

5 points
    2/4 fg, 1/2 ft
    7 rebs
    1 ast
    2 blks
    1 stl
    0 to

25 mins.

After 1st half he was:
    2/3, 4 points, 5 rebs, 2 blks, 1 stl.
    Rough second half today.