Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    With this coach, Valančiūnas will never be an star. That's what I already can see. Džikič doesn't care, who he is and is not willing to use his all potential. Also as irgi(also) mentioned above, team lacks better PG, Val has to make most of his shots by himself, of course that ain't bad, but it would be good only if Val would get enough of time during the game. If Val is going to get better during this season, then only on defense. The cons of this year are going to be reduced Val's self confidence. In my opinion when he get less time, he sure is kinda suppressed, although if we think logically he should be more motivated to get more time and to go for it, but I don't think that he would be granted that chance somehow.
    I don't care if the coach won't make Valanciunas a star on his team. I'd MUCH rather he learn how to do things while not being the centre of attention on offense. Sure, I'd like to see his offense more developed, but I don't have a big problem with how he seems to be being played right now.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• You are right, I also want to point out, that I'm not saying Džikič is a bad coach, he's actually a good strategist, however doesn't really care if you are an huge prospect or an ordinary player from random town club. What is also a good thing. What I'm trying to say, it's just that, don't expect shocking stat line from Val this season.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• he's played a ton of basketball this year, its actually beneficial to Raptor fans for him to get rest, though I understand people want to see him crush teams, health should be first, how much else can he learn in the few games left on the schedule

Comment

• I really appreciate everyone who is providing all of this insight into how JV's season is going. Encouraging to hear the good and the bad and really appreciate the analysis of game situations and participation.

Comment

• Coach Alexander Dzikic & Valanciunas meeting with fans after last game (JV only got 16 minutes in that game).

Coach talking in English about the game starting 1:50 and touches Valanciunas theme at mark 3:35 to 6:30.
            Some points: "he don't need to play like Olajuwon or Sabonis to help team win", "feeling less pressure is better".

Last edited by irgigi; Wed Dec 14, 2011, 03:33 AM.

Comment

• irgigi wrote: View Post
              Coach Alexander Dzikic & Valanciunas meeting with fans after last game (JV only got 16 minutes in that game).

Coach talking in English about the game starting 1:50 and touches Valanciunas theme at mark 3:35 to 6:30.
              Some points: "he don't need to play like Olajuwon or Sabonis to help team win", "feeling less pressure is better".

That was a very "caring" type of speech. It seems to me that they are being very careful with his development which was probably discussed with BC during their negotiations for his buyout. Alls good & thank you for posting. Were u at this event?

Comment

• Bobcats rookie Bismack Biyombo's team in Spain, Fuenlabrada, will retain his rights, meaning he will not be allowed to play for the Bobcats this season.
                The courts did not allow Biyombo to break his agreement with his Spanish team, so this is very disappointing news for Biyombo and the Bobcats. Maybe something will get worked out at a later date, but as of now, it seems like this is a lost season for Biyombo. Dec. 15 - 5:51 pm et
                Source: RotoWorld.com

Well, well, well.... and Toronto was criticized for taking JV. At least JV is playing games.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Source: RotoWorld.com

Well, well, well.... and Toronto was criticized for taking JV. At least JV is playing games.
                  The question is, does Biyombo not being with the team this year hurt or help them in the win column?
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    The question is, does Biyombo not being with the team this year hurt or help them in the win column?
                    I'd say hurt simply due to their depth. They would have to primarily play Diop at the post. That's never a good thing.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      less wins, and a better pick.
                      They really are going to be the worst in the league.

However, it is one less year for a bigman prospect to develop. wont make a huge impact on his game, but it could still hurt him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I'd say hurt simply due to their depth. They would have to primarily play Diop at the post. That's never a good thing.
                        Maybe they will sign a veteran center to a one year contract (of pick one up). Even if Biyombo turns out to be a good pick, most likely he's not going to help them win any games in his rookie season.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                          less wins, and a better pick.
                          They really are going to be the worst in the league.

However, it is one less year for a bigman prospect to develop. wont make a huge impact on his game, but it could still hurt him.
                          I agree that Charlotte looks awful, but they have a very good veteran head coach and have always had a defensive culture. Kemba even though he's a rookie, could have a very solid year.

Toronto faces Charlotte three times. Twice at home, and once on the road. Those will be really bad game I think, but the winner of the series may end up with the second worst record overall. It looks like Charlotte may have the easier schedule though when facing Toronto at least two of those three times. It will definitely be interesting to see what transpires.

Comment

• Will he be playing at all? He hasn't played this season I believe or I missed it. If he will not be playing (a lot) that might hurt his development a lot, certainly considering how much he needs to learn.

Don't think it will get them less wins.

Comment

• Valanciunas not in the lineup today, crucial Eurocup game coming up on Tuesday

Comment

• Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
                                Valanciunas not in the lineup today, crucial Eurocup game coming up on Tuesday
                                He isn't injured or anything, is he?

I assume a weak opponent and a chance to rest?

Comment

Working...
                                X