View Poll Results: Grade Valanciunas' Season

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    30 27.03%
  • B

    61 54.95%
  • C

    18 16.22%
  • D

    0 0%
  • F

    2 1.80%
Page 140 of 197 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 3926

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

  1. #2781
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is valanciunas too heavy? I feel like he's moving too slow to be effective.

  2. #2782
    Raptors Republic Rookie MoscowRussia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mosssscow
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    And he fouls toooo very much...
    No new friends (c)

  3. #2783
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    Is valanciunas too heavy? I feel like he's moving too slow to be effective.
    He does seem a tad slow to react so far this preseason. Maybe it's less to do with added bulk, and more to do with preseason rust.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. #2784
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He does seem a tad slow to react so far this preseason. Maybe it's less to do with added bulk, and more to do with preseason rust.
    Jonas almost certainly played more high-level basketball over the summer than anyone else in the NBA, between summer league, Eurobasket preparation friendlies, and going all the way to the final at Eurobasket. I'm guessing he played upwards of 25 total. If there's anyone that shouldn't be rusty, it's him.

  5. #2785
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What a find impressive about JV is that he always seems to contribute even when he's not playing great. Like the other day against boston I think it was, he wasn't doing that well but he still found a way to have an impact whether it be through getting to the FT line, grabbing boards, or altering shots

  6. #2786
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,387
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tkfu wrote: View Post
    Jonas almost certainly played more high-level basketball over the summer than anyone else in the NBA, between summer league, Eurobasket preparation friendlies, and going all the way to the final at Eurobasket. I'm guessing he played upwards of 25 total. If there's anyone that shouldn't be rusty, it's him.
    Rusty (slow to react) in terms of picking up Casey's defensive schemes while spending all summer playing under a different gameplan....
    Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Oct 23rd, 2013 at 12:13 PM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  7. #2787
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Rusty (slow to react) in terms of picking up Casey's defensive schemes while spending all summer playing under a different gameplan....
    Fair enough. Here's hoping he gets it in gear before the season starts. Tonight should be a good test.

  8. #2788
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jonas just confirmed he's trying to loose some body fat

    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...13102-3023154/

    That's the reason he looks slower. Many, many guys gain body fat when they're bulking up. Right diet and he'll do just fine!

  9. Like Bendit liked this post
  10. #2789
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Jonas just confirmed he's trying to loose some body fat

    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...13102-3023154/

    That's the reason he looks slower. Many, many guys gain body fat when they're bulking up. Right diet and he'll do just fine!
    Saw that too. Should be no reason to worry about him.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  11. #2790
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,797
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sure, it's a staged thing but check out Cabbie's bit with the Raps on Sportscentre tonight. He does this whole david and goliath thing getting various Raps to fire a slingshot at a sign with the logos of the top six east teams. Everyone has a go with varied success. JV gives up, throws the slingshot at the sign and then tears it apart with his hands. Corny...but I love his spirit.

  12. #2791
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,797
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Look who's number 1

    I can't seem to connect the link now but check out espn's top 3 plays from the NBA last night. Hint...you'll have to stick around until they get to number 1.

  13. #2792
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  14. #2793
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What a waste. Are we seriously going to see Val in the bench whenever opposing teams go small against us??
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  15. #2794
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    What a waste. Are we seriously going to see Val in the bench whenever opposing teams go small against us??
    Cats played with Biyombo and Roberts(or something) and we went with Landry.

    Casey likes how we play small so we cannot change that.

    JV stats so far:

    24min, 9.8 PPG ( 8.6 shots p/g ), 8 REB ( 3 off ), 1 BS with 17.73 PER ( highest on the team )

    JV p n r defense is much worse than it was last year, I'm not sure but in this position who should be blamed, but in my opinion it's coaching staff, JV doesn't know when to hedge at all.

    I hope and want to see JV playing at least 30 mins per game, but if Casey wants to play small everytime - then so be it, hopefully JV will do better next year.

  16. #2795
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,299
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Cats played with Biyombo and Roberts(or something) and we went with Landry.

    Casey likes how we play small so we cannot change that.

    JV stats so far:

    24min, 9.8 PPG ( 8.6 shots p/g ), 8 REB ( 3 off ), 1 BS with 17.73 PER ( highest on the team )

    JV p n r defense is much worse than it was last year, I'm not sure but in this position who should be blamed, but in my opinion it's coaching staff, JV doesn't know when to hedge at all.

    I hope and want to see JV playing at least 30 mins per game, but if Casey wants to play small everytime - then so be it, hopefully JV will do better next year.
    And that right there is my biggest fear.

    Raptors need to stop with the potential and the 'next year'.

    You don't bring talent like JV slowly along on a playoff bubble team. Throw him out there, let him get the experience, teach him/coach him along the way. The lack of development overall and the deterioration in some areas is the most damning element of the coaching staff this year, in my opinion.... worse than the in game coaching and decisions.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  17. Like rocwell liked this post
  18. #2796
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just browsing the general stats from some of the other young, up and coming centres in the league

    pts/rebs/blks/per:

    Anthony Davis - 21/11/3.1/29.83 (that's nuts by the way)
    Andre Drummond - 11/11/1.6/21.65 (outstanding)
    Enes Kanter - 16/7/0.8/17.45
    JV - 9/7/1.1/13.96

    Is there anything to be concerned about with JV's seemingly slower development (College experience vs. Euroleague debate)?

    Is he maybe not as good as the hype that surrounds him (Is JV more Noah than Dwight)?

    Is he maybe not as athletic as thes other players (He seems to be plodding up and down the court, and doesn't exactly jump that high. He's not the athlete he looked like he was in his teens)?

    Thoughts?

  19. #2797
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Just browsing the general stats from some of the other young, up and coming centres in the league

    pts/rebs/blks/per:

    Anthony Davis - 21/11/3.1/29.83 (that's nuts by the way)
    Andre Drummond - 11/11/1.6/21.65 (outstanding)
    Enes Kanter - 16/7/0.8/17.45
    JV - 9/7/1.1/13.96

    Is there anything to be concerned about with JV's seemingly slower development (College experience vs. Euroleague debate)?

    Is he maybe not as good as the hype that surrounds him (Is JV more Noah than Dwight)?

    Is he maybe not as athletic as thes other players (He seems to be plodding up and down the court, and doesn't exactly jump that high. He's not the athlete he looked like he was in his teens)?

    Thoughts?
    Comes down to minutes.
    Why wouldn't you include those in your stats when the discussion has been solely about JVs minutes not being enough for his talent.


    Anthony Davis is playing 36mpg.
    Drummond is playing 34mpg.
    Kanter is playing 34mpg.
    JV is playing 26mpg.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  20. Like NoPropsneeded, mcHAPPY liked this post
  21. #2798
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,924
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Comes down to minutes.
    Why wouldn't you include those in your stats when the discussion has been solely about JVs minutes not being enough for his talent.
    Seriously bra.

    Also, forget about JV comparing to Davis. Davis was being touted as a franchise player since he was at Kentucky; no one ever said that about JV.

  22. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  23. #2799
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Comes down to minutes.
    Why wouldn't you include those in your stats when the discussion has been solely about JVs minutes not being enough for his talent.


    Anthony Davis is playing 36mpg.
    Drummond is playing 34mpg.
    Kanter is playing 34mpg.
    JV is playing 26mpg.
    No ulterior motives behind not mentioning the minutes, but does he get less minutes because he tends to make a lot more mistakes (my first question about slower development)? Or is it just those other guys on the list are allowed to play through their mistakes? PER is through the roof on a couple of those guys too.

  24. #2800
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Seriously bra.

    Also, forget about JV comparing to Davis. Davis was being touted as a franchise player since he was at Kentucky; no one ever said that about JV.
    That's a good point, but there were some people saying JV could have gone second in that draft. IMO JV isn't doing poorly but hasn't looked as good as I thought he might. Just curious if others feel the same way or are my expectations too high.

Page 140 of 197 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •