Can JV do these things?
1. Can he shoot and very easy, natural jump shot? A good measurement of a ballers skills is the most simple, can JV shoot?
2. Can he put the ball on the floor with both hands effectively and get to the basket?
3. Can he Pass the ball effectively?
This is your basic triple threat scenario... if you think he has it, then he can be a star, if not, he won't be. Going off what I see, I am not always convinced he can shoot, nor can he put the ball on the floor. He can pass a bit.
4. Can he guard a guy, straight up, one on one and not look like a mechanical nightmare?
5. Can he seamlessly play help defence?
6. Doe she have quick lateral movement?
These are all keys to being able to make a difference on defence for a big guy. Big guys are all big. Most jump the same, the guy that block shots can move seamlessly, and are quick, meaning they can get off the ground fast, which means they can wait a guy out, make him commit to a shot, THEN leap to send that shit out.
7. Is he offensively calm and aware?
8. Is he defensively calm and aware?
The last two are key, and i mean HUGE. Does the guy have any brains? I mean we see him roll, is he rolling cuz he thinks he should, and is a hard worked, or is he seeing a great moment to roll instead of pop. Effort is awesome, people freak out for so called "motors", but Brian Scalabrine has the biggest motor around.... so take what ya want from that.
Listen I like Jonas, I want him to be awesome, fuck, he's on my fav team. But realistically, I don't see a lot of "yes" answers above me at this point. There are no imaginary "regressions" (fuck i HATE that term when used on messageboards...good god stop pretending you see "regressions"). There is simply no progression, or, the talent was misjudged, and not really there to start with.
I don't think JV is untradeable. That all I know.