Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    JV is a man among children at Summer League.

I think he's taking a big step forward this year. I'm calling it, double double territory.

He should be getting 30-40 minutes per night and was averaging 14PPG and 9REB last season over 36 minutes. Factor in improvements to his game and body and let's say this year he averages:

35MPG, 18PPG, 10REB, 2 BLK
    I can't even begin to predict what his season will be like. I could easily see him averaging those numbers. I could also see something like 15, 9 and 2, and I'd be happy with that. If the team really underutilizes him, he could average even less points, but if they can get him at least 10-12 touches, 15+ pts should be pretty common.

Comment

• My bold prediction is that he leads the league next year in TS% (among, say, players with 20 minutes avg or more). Last season, he was 7th (behind Chandler, James, Korver, Stoudemire, Durant, and Battier), and I think his improved game could put him in the high 60s in TS%.

Edit: just doing some more digging on JV's .619 TS% last year, and dug up this incredible fact: since 1996-97 (the earliest the NBA site has stats for), no other rookie has had as high a TS% as what Jonas had last year. Allen, Duncan, Boozer, Ming, Igoudala, and Howard are all guys that were at the top of their rookie class in TS% back in their day, and none of them were close to JV's numbers.
      Last edited by octothorp; Fri Jul 19, 2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• I predict next year JV will cure cancer.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
          My bold prediction is that he leads the league next year in TS% (among, say, players with 20 minutes avg or more). Last season, he was 7th (behind Chandler, James, Korver, Stoudemire, Durant, and Battier), and I think his improved game could put him in the high 60s in TS%.

Edit: just doing some more digging on JV's .619 TS% last year, and dug up this incredible fact: since 1996-97 (the earliest the NBA site has stats for), no other rookie has had as high a TS% as what Jonas had last year. Allen, Duncan, Boozer, Ming, Igoudala, and Howard are all guys that were at the top of their rookie class in TS% back in their day, and none of them were close to JV's numbers.
          You can use basketball-reference.com and run a query. Jonas is 5th all-time for TS% for rookies who played at least 50 games, which is pretty awesome:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...rder_by=ts_pct

BBR has stats that go back to the 70's.

Comment

• I think he'll be @ 14/8

You got Amir, Acy & Hansbrough in there too.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
              I think he'll be @ 14/8

You got Amir, Acy & Hansbrough in there too.
              I was thinking the same thing
              pretty reasonable numbers with a chance for him to over achieve

Comment

• Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                  I predict next year JV will cure cancer.
                  I predict that he will stop global warming, bring world peace, and conquer the world

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    JV is a man among children at Summer League.

I think he's taking a big step forward this year. I'm calling it, double double territory.

He should be getting 30-40 minutes per night and was averaging 14PPG and 9REB last season over 36 minutes. Factor in improvements to his game and body and let's say this year he averages:

35MPG, 18PPG, 10REB, 2 BLK
                    Man, I don't care if we tank, or if we're stuck in that 7-12 range next year. The possibility of him making that step has gotten me pumped for next season.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      Man, I don't care if we tank, or if we're stuck in that 7-12 range next year. The possibility of him making that step has gotten me pumped for next season.
                      Same here. Honestly, i just wanna watch some Raptors basketball!!!

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Same here. Honestly, i just wanna watch some Raptors basketball!!!
                        Basketball withdrawal really makes me depressed.

Comment

• He's got another fudged up Finger. This is a bad trend. He needs more fap fap fap to gain hand/finger strength. He is shut down for the rest of Summer League.

Comment

He's got another fudged up Finger. This is a bad trend. He needs more fap fap fap to gain hand/finger strength. He is shut down for the rest of Summer League.

If that would be NBA game.... we would see him in uniform. Many players get sprained fingers every day.. I hope we can win tonight.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              I predict that he will stop global warming, bring world peace, and conquer the world
                              I don't think we need another player on the wing and didn't he just sign for Knicks? Oh right... that was Metta World War.

Comment

He's got another fudged up Finger. This is a bad trend. He needs more fap fap fap to gain hand/finger strength. He is shut down for the rest of Summer League.

I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably just a badly jammed finger.

Comment

Working...
                                X