• F

2 1.83%
Page 161 of 193 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 3860

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Who plays PF? JV? Any mobile pick and pop big would eat him alive.

Our frontcourt offense would be limited to Drmmond slams and JV hook shots. e.g. We'd be easy as fuck to defend, and our defense wouldn't even make up for it.
    We would eat teams like Brooklyn alive with our rebounds on the offensive end but they would eat us with the mobility on the defensive end

If Jonas could developed a jump shot It could maybe work but probably not. Just a thought of looking at how it would be if we selected Drummond over ross
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    We would eat teams like Brooklyn alive with our rebounds on the offensive end but they would eat us with the mobility on the defensive end

If Jonas could developed a jump shot It could maybe work but probably not. Just a thought of looking at how it would be if we selected Drummond over ross
    You only have to look at Detroit to know it wouldn't work. Monroe fits better at C, but has a much more polished offensive game than JV, and is even a better passer. Does Detroit dominate anyone? No. Not on either end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    You only have to look at Detroit to know it wouldn't work. Monroe fits better at C, but has a much more polished offensive game than JV, and is even a better passer. Does Detroit dominate anyone? No. Not on either end.
    Because of smith and Jennings, without them they look pretty good on paper

And they out rebound people alot
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Because of smith and Jennings, without them they look pretty good on paper
    As much as those guys are problems....I don't think you can blame everything on them. A big reason they don't work well as a team is because of their bigs. Neither is a solid team defender and their skills don't complement each other.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As much as those guys are problems....I don't think you can blame everything on them. A big reason they don't work well as a team is because of their bigs. Neither is a solid team defender and their skills don't complement each other.

Trueeee so I guess terrence was the right choice

BBC was right on that one
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bryan made some good moves before he got fired, JV, DD, T Ross, Ed Davis were all fine picks, and trading the 2013 pick for Lowry played out well too.

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BC still should have taken Drummond. Ross is a much better fit, but we could have moved Drummond for some really valuable pieces like a top 5 pick this year or some other young studs and picks. Ross, even though a better fit, will never have the value that Drummond has as a beastly huge center that rebounds and blocks.

8. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    BC still should have taken Drummond. Ross is a much better fit, but we could have moved Drummond for some really valuable pieces like a top 5 pick this year or some other young studs and picks. Ross, even though a better fit, will never have the value that Drummond has as a beastly huge center that rebounds and blocks.
    No one knew Drummond would be this good though, otherwise he would've gone way higher, so it's all well and good to say how much we could trade him for now but at the time, considering we had JV, BC made the safer pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    No one knew Drummond would be this good though, otherwise he would've gone way higher, so it's all well and good to say how much we could trade him for now but at the time, considering we had JV, BC made the safer pick.
    Also I was not thrilled at the prospect of BC choosing which young big to trade since I prefer JV.

Post Thanks / Like

Also I was not thrilled at the prospect of BC choosing which young big to trade since I prefer JV.

Drummond is known for his offensive rebounds and putback dunks. Those only possible because of the 2 ineffienct chuckers that Detroit relies on to score. Take those two out and you got a decent rebounder and a average scorer with no post moves. His stats would fall to like 8 points and 8 rebounds,a little lower than jonas
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Drummond was projected to go top 8, and fell to 9. Ross was projected to go top 20, and rose to 8. Nobody knew Drummond would be this good, but the consensus was he was the BPA at 8, and Ross wasn't even close (Ross has also proven himself to be much better than everyone thought at the time). BC reached to fill a need instead of taking BPA and going from there. He easily could have traded Drummond during the draft for a pick later in the 1st to grab Ross, while also picking up another asset. Pretty much every single team after the their pick could have used a huge young center. Portland took Meyers Leonard 11th, so there was clearly demand for Centers, and Drummond was unquestionably a better pick than Leonard at the time. So Portland for instance is one team I'm sure we could have traded with for the 11th pick and a future first or something.

Post Thanks / Like

So as has been mentioned in some threads, JV will be working with Hakeem for some time this summer. How much time? Probably just something like a week or two. These camps are rarely very long.

Hakeem has worked with several guys without much to show for it for many of them, most notably Dwight Howard, JaVale McGee, and Joakim Noah. I am slightly optimistic that because JV tends to rely on bball skills (as opposed to physical skills...or in Noah's case, otherworldly hustle) he may be able to pick up even just a thing or two to help his development.

My hopes is that he improves one or more of the following things:
    -Protecting the ball in the post
    -Handles both facing up and backing down, specifically needs to improve his ability to go left

Think those would go a long way to helping him even with the skill set he already has. And I'd add as a bonus, it would be nice if he works on his pivoting in the post, which would also help him develop a counter or two.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that Chuck's pronunciation improved

15. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote acesup wrote: View Post
    I am glad that Chuck's pronunciation improved
    Valanchewing

17. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't teach Hakeem Olajuwon moves. But hopefully JV can learn some basic low post moves. Because right now, all he has is this ugly running hook.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well JV, with Chuck Hayes on board for next season and Casey for 3 more, maybe in year 4 you'll get a chance to play in the 4th quarter when it counts.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

20. Like MACK11, consmap liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    You can't teach Hakeem Olajuwon moves. But hopefully JV can learn some basic low post moves. Because right now, all he has is this ugly running hook.
    Hey, it works OK, I do it all the time, and it goes in. Although, I am playing against my friends.

22. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Well JV, with Chuck Hayes on board for next season and Casey for 3 more, maybe in year 4 you'll get a chance to play in the 4th quarter when it counts.

someones not happy abt the extension

LOL i think JV will get his fair shake half way thru next season (theres a reason why the extension is only 2+1)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    He also has the one counter where he takes that baseline fade, which is actually a pretty solid move.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He also has the one counter where he takes that baseline fade, which is actually a pretty solid move.
    Jv's biggest problem, and Hakeem mentioned the issue when talking about Dwight Howard, is that he takes too long to think about what he should do. He should have two or three moves and practice how to move from one to the other. Then just go ahead and immediately use one. If it doesn't work immediately move to the next. You see Hakeem doing it with his pivot ,ove all the time in the old Youtube tapes. It is not the moves specifically that make him so great (taking nothing away from him) but the fact tha the puts them into motion immediately upon getting the ball. His essential skill was getting low post position where if he initiated the motion it was too late to counter it.

Page 161 of 193 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 ... LastLast

Thread Information