Page 17 of 187 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Colangelo on Big V's Developement

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jonas living up to his song today!

L. Rytas destroyed Enlsey 101-62 in VTB play.

JV's line:

22:14 minutes
    21 points (6/7 fg, 9/10 ft)
    9 rebounds (3 offensive)
    2 assists
    1 steal
    2 blocks
    1 turnover
    1 personal foul
    32 efficiency

Boxscore

JV answered a very interesting riddle today:

What is the only thing better than your starting C shooting 86% from the floor?
    Answer: Shooting 90% from the foul line.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jshchn wrote: View Post
    When I'm sad, I just come to this thread and look to the future.
    sooooooo true

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny, JV team and Raptors are using the same shirt color (black/red). And the rival Rytas opponent in Lithuania (Zalgiris) is green. Boston, here we come

On a serious note, JV is playing good basketball now. He started slow this season after a busy summer, new coach, new another center in a team, etc... But he earned that starting spot back and confidence of coach. The way he is playing lately, gives no doubt, who should be getting all those minutes. He's really important piece of the team atm. I'm looking forward to see how it goes. There are a lot of important games coming for team to secure playoff spot in all leagues they play.
    Last edited by irgigi; Sun Feb 5th, 2012 at 02:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    January 31, EuroCup game.

Boxscore

VIdeo Highlights:

Is it just me, or are these fans having WAY more fun than any fanbase in the NBA?

Once Jonas comes over, he's going to think all the fans have left once half-time comes around and everyone doesn't show up til 5 minutes into the 3rd.

I say we come up with some Chants!
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Feb 6th, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe with Jonas and Linas we will get a huge increase in Lithuanian fans and they will bring some of that atmosphere to the ACC.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Reduced minutes for JV in today's Eurocup game against Alba (16.7 minutes), but he still led the team in rebounds. Actually, his stats are pretty good considering the minutes: 8 points (3-4 fg, 2-3 ft), 7 boards (3 offensive), 1 block, and 1 assist. Maybe he got most of his 3 fouls early and that limited his minutes.

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eur...e?gamecode=127

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

He got 2 fouls at the end of the 1st quarter and then 1 in the third, he could had played more time, but i guess this time the coach decided to stick with the other center...

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/02/0...team-sundance/Sort of unrelated but is it true JV was on the continent recently? Sundance film festival screening of The Other Dream Team. No stopover in TO? Source is ew.com so take it for what it's worth..may just have been another tall white guy

'The emotion was on display at the world premiere in Park City. Marciulionis and next-generation star Jonas Valanciunas — who had to sit in the back row so they wouldn’t block anyone’s view — were moved by the retelling of their story."

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Competitive game against my hometown team.
    Neptunas 85:91 L.Rytas

J.Valančiūnas 23:37min 16pts 5/7 2fg 6/6 ft 7 reb (1 def, 6 off) 2pf 4to 4 blocks 25eff
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Sat Feb 11th, 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Competitive game against my hometown team.
    Neptunas 85:91 L.Rytas

J.Valančiūnas 23:37min 16pts 5/7 2fg 6/6 ft 5 reb (1 def, 6 off) 2pf 4to 4 blocks 25eff
    That pump fake and blow by at 1:40 was sweet. I can't wait to see Kendrick Perkins or Andrew Bynum or Roy Hibbert guard that.

Post Thanks / Like

That pump fake and blow by at 1:40 was sweet. I can't wait to see Kendrick Perkins or Andrew Bynum or Roy Hibbert guard that.
    How about that block on the very next clip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    How about that block on the very next clip!
    lol - yes that too.

I am very excited about him. I don't think 8/7 would be a unreasonable expectation as a rookie.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

13 points (4/10FG, 5/8FT)
    14 rebounds
    4 blocks
    3 TO

in 30 minutes today in VTB game vs Asseco Procom (Euroleague team)

Boxscore

Game highlights:

Post Thanks / Like

Another solid day at the office for Jonas. Hopefully this helps people weather the Bobcat hangover.

L. Rytas wins 96-70.

JV stat line in 25:13 of floor time:

18 points
    5/7 fg
    8/8 ft
    10 rebs
    2 ast
    2 stl
    1 blk
    3 to
    3 pf

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...e=3&permPage=1

''NBA Toronto Raptors general manager and vicepresident Maurizio Gherardini spotted in Vilnius airport on Saturday. Gherardini and NBA TV crew members went to Utena, where Raptors draft pick Jonas Valanciunas was born. Lietuvos Rytas plays LKL game today against Juventus Utena.'' The interesting thing is that NBA TV personnel is in Lithuania so we will probably see a segment of some sorts about JV on nba tv

Post Thanks / Like

ya there is, its coming in march. Behind the scenes of the 2012 pick Jonas Valanciunas. Can't wait to watch it, i just want this painful season to end so we can start winning. This is going to be the most exciting off season ever! I'm going to watch every summer league game

Post Thanks / Like

Another solid day at the office for Jonas. Hopefully this helps people weather the Bobcat hangover.

L. Rytas wins 96-70.

JV stat line in 25:13 of floor time:

18 points
    5/7 fg
    8/8 ft
    10 rebs
    2 ast
    2 stl
    1 blk
    3 to
    3 pf
    From L. Rytas homepage:

Lietuvos Rytas didn’t have any problems against Juventus in a Lithuanian League (LKL) game in Utena, as Jonas Valanciunas put up big numbers against his hometown team to lead the club from the capital to a 96-70 (18-6, 28-18, 28-22, 22-24) victory.

Valanciunas finished the game with a double-double of 18 points and 10 rebounds for Lietuvos Rytas, Renaldas Seibutis scored 14 points, while Aleksandar Rasic and Mindaugas Katelynas finished the game with 12 points each.

For the hosts, Zydrunas Urbonas scored 15 points, Zygimantas Sestokas finished the game with 11, as Karolis Petrukonis and Roman Gumenyuk both chipped in with seven points for Juventus.

The victory allowed Lietuvos Rytas to improve to a 15-2 record, while Juventus dropped to 6-11 and hold the seventh position in the league.
    Soruce

They normally post video. I'll have that up soon unless someone beats me to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default AWARD A GREAT FEELING FOR VALANCIUNAS (FIBAEurope.com)

Jonas Valanciunas remained his humble self after being named FIBA Europe Young Player of the Year, showing the delight of being recognised, yet not overemphasising the personal award.

The 19-year-old from Lithuania had a memorable and highly eventful year, which featured Valanciunas leading the Baltic giants to FIBA U19 World Championship gold and racking up the tournament MVP honours on the way, as well as making a successful debut with the Lithuanian senior side at EuroBasket 2011 (check the video feature).

Although Valanciunas keeps adding personal awards to his collection, they don't seem to be having the slightest of impacts on the young player, who has maintained a hard-working and tough-minded attitude, which has accompanied him on the rise to the top.

Fibaeurope.com spoke with the talented prospect about what being named the best young player in the continent means for him and where the player's mind is set for the nearest future.

fibaeurope.com: Jonas, how does it feel to be named the best young player in Europe?
    Jonas Valanciunas: It feels really good. It's very satisfying to be chosen as the best young player of the year. It's an honour. Knowing that people believe in you and value your game is a genuinely a great feeling.

fibaeurope.com: Does this achievement stand out from other personal awards in any way?
    Valanciunas: I don't really like looking back into what has already been left in the past. The most important thing for me now is to work on the court. Maybe, when I finish my career, it will be nice to go back in time and think about which award is the most special for me. However, if I concentrate on the wrong things right now, it could have a negative impact, so I'm just focused on working on my game and improving every day.

fibaeurope.com: What is number one in your priority list at the moment?
    Valanciunas: The only thing I really think about now is my team, Lietuvos Rytas. We're focusing on one each game individually, doing our best to take a victory in every one of them. We have high goals both in Eurocup and the Lithuanian league, both of which we are hoping to win. We are trying, working hard and we'll see how things turn out in the end of the season.

fibaeurope.com: Are you excited about another summer with the national team?
    Valanciunas: Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to spending another summer with the guys. Of course, it would be nice to have some rest, but I think there will be just enough time for that after the season ends. I'm excited about the summer and I have already spoken with coach Kemzura about some details. I think it's going to be a great summer.

Source

Looks like there will be no Summer League for JV.

He seems level-headed about everything and his priorities are clear. Hopefully that continues.

Post Thanks / Like

well that sucks balls. I was hoping for some JV action in the summer league

Page 17 of 187 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Thread Information