• F

2 1.83%
Page 181 of 193 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 3860

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    The French roster includes Boris Diaw, Nicholas Batum, Evan Fournier, Rudy Gobert, Nando de Colo and Ian Mahinmi. No Parker but this group has been playing together for years and won Eurobasket last year.
    Of course, Tony Parker did play last year and was tournament MVP. Without him (especially) and Noah, they're just not a serious threat.

Lots of teams look to be in transition (including some that didn't qualify) or not have their best players available. It doesn't feel like there's a group of teams closely chasing USA and Spain, as there has been for most of the last decade or so. Usually there were 2 tiers of good teams behind those guys, with the first one having teams like Argentina, Greece, France, Lithuania (basically Argentina and the best Euro teams of the year) and the second one mostly being the Euro teams that were good but more longshots to medal. Now it feels like most teams have fallen back to the pack, and most if not all of the group behind the top resembles that second tier.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Aug 16th, 2014 at 03:10 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but without Parker they're a completely different team. He was the one that got all the clutch points for France when they needed it most. Also JV and D-Mo were little more than role players last year. Now they play wayyyy better and are leaders of this team, also they're as deep as ever.
    I don't know, I haven't seen this Lithuania team play enough to know what to expect. They're a bit in transition over the last couple of years. Have they improved their guard play? That was an area that was noticeably weakening as Sarunas declined, and it looked like an exploitable weakness last year at Eurobasket (even though they played well and medalled).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, right now they still have a point guard issue. The starting PG is really good on D and can shoot the three, he's also athetic, but his passing is average. That being said, the entire team Lithuania is predicated on ball movement anyway. So they make up for this PG flaw through said ballmovement and teamplay. Other than that, they have good shooters at all positions, they are atheltic from 1 to five, pretty skilled at every position and have now dominant post players... a very balanced team that can really go on big runs while playing shutdown D and using tranistion O, while mixing up with 3 balls and aggresive attack on the inside. I don't see no big weakness with this team. The only problem that could screw up their game here and there is when their shooters get cold and the defenses then collapse on the inside players. But they hace so many shooters from 1 to 4 spots that it's not even funny... So yeah, it'll be hard to stop their O for an entire game, maybe a quarter, but not more... coach will always find the necessary adjustments, he's a smart dude.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jonas looks sleepy tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Jonas is getting quadruple-double teams lol
    Last edited by rocwell; Sun Aug 17th, 2014 at 01:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jonas woke up. Scored 11 pts in a row

EDIT: Jonas finished with 19 pts, 5 rebs. 15 points in 4th q.
    Last edited by rocwell; Sun Aug 17th, 2014 at 02:00 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Of course, Tony Parker did play last year and was tournament MVP. Without him (especially) and Noah, they're just not a serious threat.

Lots of teams look to be in transition (including some that didn't qualify) or not have their best players available. It doesn't feel like there's a group of teams closely chasing USA and Spain, as there has been for most of the last decade or so. Usually there were 2 tiers of good teams behind those guys, with the first one having teams like Argentina, Greece, France, Lithuania (basically Argentina and the best Euro teams of the year) and the second one mostly being the Euro teams that were good but more longshots to medal. Now it feels like most teams have fallen back to the pack, and most if not all of the group behind the top resembles that second tier.
    Poor Nando De Colo broke his hand yesterday.

I guess this qualifying offer refusal thing worked quite well for us.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fanchie wrote: View Post
    Poor Nando De Colo broke his hand yesterday.

I guess this qualifying offer refusal thing worked quite well for us.
    France is done. They are without Parker this year, now De Colo goes down... they got no PG. They already lost to Ukraine @ home. I think Lithuania beat Ukraine by 20+...

Post Thanks / Like

What have I just seen???? so that's why Jonas and whole Lithuania looked so sleepy?

10. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    What have I just seen???? so that's why Jonas and whole Lithuania looked so sleepy?

That's the haka, a traditional Maori war dance. Most New Zealand sports teams do it before the game, most notably the rugby team, the All Blacks.

12. Like rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    That's the haka, a traditional Maori war dance. Most New Zealand sports teams do it before the game, most notably the rugby team, the All Blacks.
    Not the cricket team ...I dont think...lol.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Haka is so much less intimidating when it's not done by their rugby squad.

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    The Haka is so much less intimidating when it's not done by their rugby squad.

Agreed. Infact this 'dance' should be barred. period. unless done by the rugby squad. What is the opposite of intimidation? anyways these guys are that.

Oh they got the mean-mugs on but then get thoroughly pummelled on the court shortly after the dancing is done.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Lithuania will play today too.. 3rd game in 3rd day, kinda crazy. JV better stay injury-free

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

the way he passed out of the double team was nice. It wasn't assist but ball moved and he didn't turn it over

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For those watching todays game against Slovenia I highly suggest this stream:
    http://www.tv3play.lt/programos/krep...autostart=true

Mostly due to better view of the action (more cameras) + stats.
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    For those watching todays game against Slovenia I highly suggest this stream:
    http://www.tv3play.lt/programos/krep...autostart=true

Mostly due to better view of the action (more cameras) + stats.
    Oh shoot. This is awesome stream. Do you think it's going to be available during World Cup?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Oh shoot. This is awesome stream. Do you think it's going to be available during World Cup?
    I think it will I will update for best streams during WC.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the game start already? And if not what time?

Page 181 of 193 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 179 180 181 182 183 191 ... LastLast

Thread Information