Clear All

• Valanciunas in sportsnet magazine.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Valanciunas in sportsnet magazine.

dat face
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• "JV is the only sure thing." If DeMar continues to play how hes been playing you may want to add him right under JV as unmovable and part of the franchise.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          He is less than respectful of the Raptors and Toronto in general.
          You need to remove your skirt and have a little fun chumpy!

Comment

• Comment

• Is valanciunas too heavy? I feel like he's moving too slow to be effective.

Comment

• And he fouls toooo very much...
                No new friends (c)

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
                  Is valanciunas too heavy? I feel like he's moving too slow to be effective.
                  He does seem a tad slow to react so far this preseason. Maybe it's less to do with added bulk, and more to do with preseason rust.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    He does seem a tad slow to react so far this preseason. Maybe it's less to do with added bulk, and more to do with preseason rust.
                    Jonas almost certainly played more high-level basketball over the summer than anyone else in the NBA, between summer league, Eurobasket preparation friendlies, and going all the way to the final at Eurobasket. I'm guessing he played upwards of 25 total. If there's anyone that shouldn't be rusty, it's him.

Comment

• What a find impressive about JV is that he always seems to contribute even when he's not playing great. Like the other day against boston I think it was, he wasn't doing that well but he still found a way to have an impact whether it be through getting to the FT line, grabbing boards, or altering shots

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
                        Jonas almost certainly played more high-level basketball over the summer than anyone else in the NBA, between summer league, Eurobasket preparation friendlies, and going all the way to the final at Eurobasket. I'm guessing he played upwards of 25 total. If there's anyone that shouldn't be rusty, it's him.
                        Rusty (slow to react) in terms of picking up Casey's defensive schemes while spending all summer playing under a different gameplan....
                        Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Oct 23, 2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Rusty (slow to react) in terms of picking up Casey's defensive schemes while spending all summer playing under a different gameplan....
                          Fair enough. Here's hoping he gets it in gear before the season starts. Tonight should be a good test.

Comment

• Jonas just confirmed he's trying to loose some body fat

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...13102-3023154/

That's the reason he looks slower. Many, many guys gain body fat when they're bulking up. Right diet and he'll do just fine!

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Jonas just confirmed he's trying to loose some body fat

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...13102-3023154/

That's the reason he looks slower. Many, many guys gain body fat when they're bulking up. Right diet and he'll do just fine!
                              Saw that too. Should be no reason to worry about him.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Sure, it's a staged thing but check out Cabbie's bit with the Raps on Sportscentre tonight. He does this whole david and goliath thing getting various Raps to fire a slingshot at a sign with the logos of the top six east teams. Everyone has a go with varied success. JV gives up, throws the slingshot at the sign and then tears it apart with his hands. Corny...but I love his spirit.

Comment

Working...
                                X