X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig wrote: View Post
    He had a nice last week or so.

I'm liking.
    Super Judge is satisfied, JV is probably happy about that, won't be judged on few game performances.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• hahaha yes he will, I am the most critical fickle, and unreasonable fan around.

I use the "youre only as good, or bad, as your last game". "until the next game"

Comment

• Last 5 games: 13.2 PTS, 11.2 REB, 1.4 BLK, 57% shooting and 2.8 fouls

Jonas averaging 30 minutes a game this month.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Last 5 games: 13.2 PTS, 11.2 REB, 1.4 BLK, 57% shooting and 2.8 fouls

If you play them and if they have talent they will develop.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            If you play them and if they have talent they will develop.
            Exactly.

Comment

Exactly.
              That's actually not true, look at Bennett

If you play them and they have talent AND the drive to get better and improve, they will develop.

Comment

Last 5 games: 13.2 PTS, 11.2 REB, 1.4 BLK, 57% shooting and 2.8 fouls

Pretty much the type of numbers I'd hoped for in the first couple of months for Jonas....The December #s that is (even a rebound more than I would have hoped!). And hopefully something he can build and improve upon as the season goes on. He just seemed like he was frustrated and losing confidence in November, between the random usage by the coach, and lack of recognition on the floor by his teammates.

Comment

• Longer al horford, I can feel it

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post

If you play them and they have talent AND the drive to get better and improve, they will develop.
                    Bennett was rushed back from an injury by his team, and is not being played in any kind of consistent role. So it is not at all a similar situation. He's averaging 10 mpg with very sporadic stints of playing time.

He's not being played but he does have talent, and I don't know enough about him to question his drive.

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post

I agree with your second sentence, but Bennett... This kid came to NBA league after shoulder surgery, he was completely out of shape and he's suffering from multiple health conditions. You CAN expect some good basketball from out of shape pro who's been in league for few years, but not from the rook. Cavs pulled Casey and by drafting Bennett sent message to all of us - "expect unexpected"

JV is different story, he has great work ethic, wants to win and all he need right now is minutes and trust from his coaches.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Bennett was rushed back from an injury by his team, and is not being played in any kind of consistent role. So it is not at all a similar situation. He's averaging 10 mpg with very sporadic stints of playing time.

He's not being played but he does have talent, and I don't know enough about him to question his drive.
                        Drive to get better and improve is a given anyways.

Andrew Bynum is perfect example of all the talent in the world but a team is not going to just give him minutes.

No one has ever questioned Valanciunas' drive/effort which is why so many, myself included, were so frustrated with him sitting on the bench. Ross, on the other hand, you could question drive/effort - I haven't but many have and I can see why.

Comment

• @bballSource: Jonas Valanciunas is ranked 8th in Post Up (min 100 poss). He's ahead of Kevin Love, West, Duncan, Z-Bo, Boogie
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            @bballSource: Jonas Valanciunas is ranked 8th in Post Up (min 100 poss). He's ahead of Kevin Love, West, Duncan, Z-Bo, Boogie
                            so young, so beautiful, so JV :')
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Dont know if anyone has noticed but every games first posession is a jumper from JV. I like that. He hasn't hit it but it sets up his game for later... just an interesting tidbit.

Casey benched JV for tic tack fouls he got earlier now hes playing smarter Casey held him on that leash hes earned the playing time now, taught him good habits no doubt, same can be said for Ross.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Dont know if anyone has noticed but every games first posession is a jumper from JV. I like that. He hasn't hit it but it sets up his game for later... just an interesting tidbit.

Casey benched JV for tic tack fouls he got earlier now hes playing smarter Casey held him on that leash hes earned the playing time now, taught him good habits no doubt, same can be said for Ross.
                                It's either a jumper or a post up, either way they usually go to him first. His jump shot hasn't been going in lately but I'm not too concerned, it'll start falling eventually.
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X