No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent game today for JV in Eurocup: 17 points (5-8 fg, 7-10 ft), 10 boards, 3 blocks, 1 steal, and even better, he played 32 minutes.

Comment

• And his team won too!

http://live.euroleague.net/gamesjs.a...24LYR23339&z=1

Comment

• That's getting close to what I would guess he'll average per 36 in his rookie year. A little less points of course. I'd say about 12-14 pts, close to 10 rebounds, 1,5 blocks, 0,5 steals, 1,5 turnovers. If they are going to let him play in the post I'll up the turnovers to 3,5 turnovers a game... All per 36 of course

Comment

• I guess JV wanted to impress the boses:

#Raptors Bryan Colangelo and Ed Stefanski in Lithuania tonight to watch 2011 1st rd pick Jonas Valanciunas

https://twitter.com/#!/RaptorsPR

Comment

• Michel G wrote: View Post
            Excellent game today for JV in Eurocup: 17 points (5-8 fg, 7-10 ft), 10 boards, 3 blocks, 1 steal, and even better, he played 32 minutes.
            Highlights from this game.

I am amazed at how little they look TO PASS inside and how much banging he does throughout. The NBA might have bigger, stronger, more athletic bodies but they don't go at it like that very often, in my opinion.

Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jan 26, 2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• What are the crowd shouting back and forth at each other when they raise their hands like that?!

Comment

• Teams chants.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Another win in LKL

Lietuvos Rytas claimed another victory in the Lithuanian League (LKL), as they brought Siauliai down 88-71 (28-22, 17-25, 24-11, 19-13) after the big break.

Aleksandr Rasic scored 14 points for Rytas, Renaldas Seibutis added 13, Jonas Valanciunas and Steponas Babrauskas had 12 each.

The hosts were led by Rashaun Broadus, who finished with 14 points, Valdas Vasylius chipped in with 12, Julius Jucikas had 11 points and 8 boards, while Arvydas Siksnius ended up with 9.

Lietuvos Rytas are in the first place of the domestic league table, while Siauliai hold the fourth spot.
                  Source

JV's stat line:

12 points
                  5/7 fg
                  2/4 ft
                  7 rebs (2off)
                  0 ast
                  0 stl
                  1 blk
                  2 to
                  3 fouls
                  21:26 playing time

Boxscore

Comment

• Really appreciate all the updates. Keep them coming.

Comment

• Google "The Other Dream Team". Can't wait to see it.

Comment

• BTW....does anyone know when the FIBA European awards are announced (only asking because I think a previous post had mentioned the end of January)? Thanks

Comment

• Another good game today for JV in Eurocup against Alba, which they won 86-75: 12 points (5-7 fg, 2-2 ft), 9 boards (5 offensive), 3 blocks, and 2 assist. He played 26 minutes and he's the full-time starter. He's progressing well.

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eur...e?gamecode=119

Comment

• January

For three quarters, Alba Berlin managed to hang around in the game thanks to three-pointers. In the last quarter, it was the long-range shots that sunk the German ship.

Lietuvos Rytas hit four three-pointers in five possessions to escape with a victory in the Eurocup game on Tuesday. The Lithuanian side beat Alba Berlin 86-75 in Vilnius and grabbed the second win in three games of the Last 16 stage.

The Serbian guard Aleksandar Rasic hit four threes and finished the game with a season-high 16 points for Lietuvos Rytas. Derrick Allen led the visitors with 16 points as well.

Alba relied on long-range shots as they were short of two starting-five forwards, Torin Francis and Yassin Idbihi, who did not come to Lithuania due to injuries.

This tactics worked for three quarters in which Alba made 9 three-pointers with 15 attempts and had a four-point lead with a quarter to go despite desperately losing the fight under the basket.

But then, things turned around. The home side hit four three-pointers in the period of 2:16 and gained the biggest lead in the game with 5 minutes to go, 76-67. Lietuvos Rytas shattered Alba 27-12 in the last quarter.

The visitors finished the game with a season-high 10 tree-pointers, but managed to hit only 1-of-8 in the last quarter.

Lietuvos Rytas won the rebounds 38-19 against the short-handed German side. The big men were the biggest strength of the home team. Mindaugas Katelynas scored 13 points and grabbed 6 boards, Jonas Valanciunas finished the game with 12 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks while Predrag Samardziski had 11 points making all five field goal attempts.

The round of Last 16 is at the half-way point in Group L as three teams share a 2-1 record. The Berlin side is the only one of four teams yet to win with three games to go before the knock-out stage.

The sides will meet again next Tuesday in Berlin and Alba will be looking for a desperate win to stay in the fight for a place in the next round.

Source: L. Rytas homepage

*EDIT* The title should say January 31.... ooops.

Comment

• I still have that Jonas Valanciunas song stuck in my head! hahaha

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                Source: L. Rytas homepage

*EDIT* The title should say January 31.... ooops.
                                January 31, EuroCup game.

Boxscore

VIdeo Highlights:

Comment

Working...
                                X