Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    I still have that Jonas Valanciunas song stuck in my head! hahaha
    me too. Young fresh and fly like jonas valaciunas.

Comment

• The camera angles are an eyesore lol

Comment

• When I'm sad, I just come to this thread and look to the future.

Comment

• same here. And i watch college ball hoping we draft Q.Miller

Comment

• You can stream all the Eurocup games here:

http://tv.lrytas.lt/?cid=51

Pretty decent quality flash video.

Comment

• Colangelo on Big V's Developement

Comment

• Jonas living up to his song today!

L. Rytas destroyed Enlsey 101-62 in VTB play.

JV's line:

22:14 minutes
                21 points (6/7 fg, 9/10 ft)
                9 rebounds (3 offensive)
                2 assists
                1 steal
                2 blocks
                1 turnover
                1 personal foul
                32 efficiency

Boxscore

JV answered a very interesting riddle today:

What is the only thing better than your starting C shooting 86% from the floor?
                Answer: Shooting 90% from the foul line.

Comment

• jshchn wrote: View Post
                  When I'm sad, I just come to this thread and look to the future.
                  sooooooo true

Comment

• Funny, JV team and Raptors are using the same shirt color (black/red). And the rival Rytas opponent in Lithuania (Zalgiris) is green. Boston, here we come

On a serious note, JV is playing good basketball now. He started slow this season after a busy summer, new coach, new another center in a team, etc... But he earned that starting spot back and confidence of coach. The way he is playing lately, gives no doubt, who should be getting all those minutes. He's really important piece of the team atm. I'm looking forward to see how it goes. There are a lot of important games coming for team to secure playoff spot in all leagues they play.
                    Last edited by irgigi; Sun Feb 5, 2012, 03:58 AM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      January 31, EuroCup game.

Boxscore

VIdeo Highlights:

Is it just me, or are these fans having WAY more fun than any fanbase in the NBA?

Once Jonas comes over, he's going to think all the fans have left once half-time comes around and everyone doesn't show up til 5 minutes into the 3rd.

I say we come up with some Chants!
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Feb 6, 2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

• Maybe with Jonas and Linas we will get a huge increase in Lithuanian fans and they will bring some of that atmosphere to the ACC.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Reduced minutes for JV in today's Eurocup game against Alba (16.7 minutes), but he still led the team in rebounds. Actually, his stats are pretty good considering the minutes: 8 points (3-4 fg, 2-3 ft), 7 boards (3 offensive), 1 block, and 1 assist. Maybe he got most of his 3 fouls early and that limited his minutes.

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eur...e?gamecode=127

Comment

• He got 2 fouls at the end of the 1st quarter and then 1 in the third, he could had played more time, but i guess this time the coach decided to stick with the other center...

Comment

• http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/02/0...team-sundance/Sort of unrelated but is it true JV was on the continent recently? Sundance film festival screening of The Other Dream Team. No stopover in TO? Source is ew.com so take it for what it's worth..may just have been another tall white guy

'The emotion was on display at the world premiere in Park City. Marciulionis and next-generation star Jonas Valanciunas — who had to sit in the back row so they wouldn’t block anyone’s view — were moved by the retelling of their story."

Comment

• Competitive game against my hometown team.
                                Neptunas 85:91 L.Rytas

J.Valančiūnas 23:37min 16pts 5/7 2fg 6/6 ft 7 reb (1 def, 6 off) 2pf 4to 4 blocks 25eff
                                Last edited by RandomGuy; Sat Feb 11, 2012, 09:19 AM.
                                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                                X