Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Competitive game against my hometown team.
    Neptunas 85:91 L.Rytas

J.Valančiūnas 23:37min 16pts 5/7 2fg 6/6 ft 5 reb (1 def, 6 off) 2pf 4to 4 blocks 25eff
    That pump fake and blow by at 1:40 was sweet. I can't wait to see Kendrick Perkins or Andrew Bynum or Roy Hibbert guard that.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      That pump fake and blow by at 1:40 was sweet. I can't wait to see Kendrick Perkins or Andrew Bynum or Roy Hibbert guard that.
      How about that block on the very next clip!
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        How about that block on the very next clip!
        lol - yes that too.

I am very excited about him. I don't think 8/7 would be a unreasonable expectation as a rookie.

Comment

• 13 points (4/10FG, 5/8FT)
          14 rebounds
          4 blocks
          3 TO

in 30 minutes today in VTB game vs Asseco Procom (Euroleague team)

Boxscore

Game highlights:

Comment

• Another solid day at the office for Jonas. Hopefully this helps people weather the Bobcat hangover.

L. Rytas wins 96-70.

JV stat line in 25:13 of floor time:

18 points
            5/7 fg
            8/8 ft
            10 rebs
            2 ast
            2 stl
            1 blk
            3 to
            3 pf

Comment

• http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...e=3&permPage=1

''NBA Toronto Raptors general manager and vicepresident Maurizio Gherardini spotted in Vilnius airport on Saturday. Gherardini and NBA TV crew members went to Utena, where Raptors draft pick Jonas Valanciunas was born. Lietuvos Rytas plays LKL game today against Juventus Utena.'' The interesting thing is that NBA TV personnel is in Lithuania so we will probably see a segment of some sorts about JV on nba tv

Comment

• ya there is, its coming in march. Behind the scenes of the 2012 pick Jonas Valanciunas. Can't wait to watch it, i just want this painful season to end so we can start winning. This is going to be the most exciting off season ever! I'm going to watch every summer league game

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Another solid day at the office for Jonas. Hopefully this helps people weather the Bobcat hangover.

L. Rytas wins 96-70.

JV stat line in 25:13 of floor time:

18 points
                  5/7 fg
                  8/8 ft
                  10 rebs
                  2 ast
                  2 stl
                  1 blk
                  3 to
                  3 pf
                  From L. Rytas homepage:

Lietuvos Rytas didn’t have any problems against Juventus in a Lithuanian League (LKL) game in Utena, as Jonas Valanciunas put up big numbers against his hometown team to lead the club from the capital to a 96-70 (18-6, 28-18, 28-22, 22-24) victory.

Valanciunas finished the game with a double-double of 18 points and 10 rebounds for Lietuvos Rytas, Renaldas Seibutis scored 14 points, while Aleksandar Rasic and Mindaugas Katelynas finished the game with 12 points each.

For the hosts, Zydrunas Urbonas scored 15 points, Zygimantas Sestokas finished the game with 11, as Karolis Petrukonis and Roman Gumenyuk both chipped in with seven points for Juventus.

The victory allowed Lietuvos Rytas to improve to a 15-2 record, while Juventus dropped to 6-11 and hold the seventh position in the league.
                  Soruce

They normally post video. I'll have that up soon unless someone beats me to it.

Comment

• AWARD A GREAT FEELING FOR VALANCIUNAS (FIBAEurope.com)

Jonas Valanciunas remained his humble self after being named FIBA Europe Young Player of the Year, showing the delight of being recognised, yet not overemphasising the personal award.

The 19-year-old from Lithuania had a memorable and highly eventful year, which featured Valanciunas leading the Baltic giants to FIBA U19 World Championship gold and racking up the tournament MVP honours on the way, as well as making a successful debut with the Lithuanian senior side at EuroBasket 2011 (check the video feature).

Although Valanciunas keeps adding personal awards to his collection, they don't seem to be having the slightest of impacts on the young player, who has maintained a hard-working and tough-minded attitude, which has accompanied him on the rise to the top.

Fibaeurope.com spoke with the talented prospect about what being named the best young player in the continent means for him and where the player's mind is set for the nearest future.

fibaeurope.com: Jonas, how does it feel to be named the best young player in Europe?
                    Jonas Valanciunas: It feels really good. It's very satisfying to be chosen as the best young player of the year. It's an honour. Knowing that people believe in you and value your game is a genuinely a great feeling.

fibaeurope.com: Does this achievement stand out from other personal awards in any way?
                    Valanciunas: I don't really like looking back into what has already been left in the past. The most important thing for me now is to work on the court. Maybe, when I finish my career, it will be nice to go back in time and think about which award is the most special for me. However, if I concentrate on the wrong things right now, it could have a negative impact, so I'm just focused on working on my game and improving every day.

fibaeurope.com: What is number one in your priority list at the moment?
                    Valanciunas: The only thing I really think about now is my team, Lietuvos Rytas. We're focusing on one each game individually, doing our best to take a victory in every one of them. We have high goals both in Eurocup and the Lithuanian league, both of which we are hoping to win. We are trying, working hard and we'll see how things turn out in the end of the season.

fibaeurope.com: Are you excited about another summer with the national team?
                    Valanciunas: Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to spending another summer with the guys. Of course, it would be nice to have some rest, but I think there will be just enough time for that after the season ends. I'm excited about the summer and I have already spoken with coach Kemzura about some details. I think it's going to be a great summer.

Source

Looks like there will be no Summer League for JV.

He seems level-headed about everything and his priorities are clear. Hopefully that continues.

Comment

• well that sucks balls. I was hoping for some JV action in the summer league

Comment

• I'm sure it will be much more beneficial for JV to play with his national team rather than playing in summer league against lesser talent

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
                          I'm sure it will be much more beneficial for JV to play with his national team rather than playing in summer league against lesser talent
                          he'll be playing against other rookies so i don't really think its lesser talent. Sure most of the guys will be scrubs but every team is going to have their first round pick playing so might give him a feel for what he'll be going up against.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            he'll be playing against other rookies so i don't really think its lesser talent. Sure most of the guys will be scrubs but every team is going to have their first round pick playing so might give him a feel for what he'll be going up against.
                            If he were a guard I think a case could be made that summer league would be more beneficial. He would learn how to run the offense, spacing on the wings etc.. before he joined the Raptors. Since he is a big, I see more upside to him staying there and playing with and competing against full grown men. I could be wrong but getting hammered around and still producing seems like a more necessary skill set for him at the moment....
                            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Or he could play against top tier NBA talent and top tier international league talent in international competition.

Competition is not the reason to play summer league. He'll get much better this summer competing for Lithuania.

The reason to play Summer League would be to work with other young Raptors, adjust to NBA rules, and acclimatize to North America.

From a purely basketball perspective he is much better competing for Lithuania.

Comment

• Can't wait until JV gets here and sees the example of a hard working professional in Steve Nash. When hard working rookie JV sees a player with Nash's awards and accomplishments still working hard to perfect his game and body, it will only inspire him to adopt a similar regimen. JV will then become a perennial all-star whose game improves every year for the next 10.

I am going to start a thread called "The Legend That is Jonas Valanciunas." We can each post our favourite stories about JV that have yet to happen...Like the time he had three consecutive blocks on Blake Griffin, and then Blake Giffin was ejected for a flagrant 2 on JV, and Magloire, retained as a playing coach, walked out onto the court and said to Griffin "Outside. You and Me," before being ejected himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X