Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    Lou plays a lot in the fourth quarter?
    Yeah -- with DD and Lowry on the floor. I'm just pointing out the stupidity of equating JV's situation to DeRozan's.

DeRozan bad on D? You want pull him in the fourth quarter because you think it's unfair to JV and coaching in the NBA should be some kind of idiotic-Canadian-passive-aggressive meritocracy? Okay, fine.

Who are you going to sub in? Ross? Way less consistent on both ends than DeRozan. Lou Williams? Undersized. GV? Better ball-handler, worse defensively, doesn't get to the line. James Johnson? Great defender, can't shoot from 3 or the line. Lowry? He's already on the court, dummies. Fields? LOL.
    Last edited by bryan colangelo; Sat Nov 29, 2014, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• People seem to forget that in a lot of the games so far, we were carrying a lead into the fourth quarter.

If there was an offensive mismatch that the team needed to exploit — or the mismatch is obvious — than yes, JV would play. Dwayne Casey did it JUST LAST NIGHT, subbing in JV in the fourth once Chandler was off the floor to gain an instant advantage.

But if the team already has the lead going into the fourth, you could argue it makes more sense to play conservatively and run shooters off the three point line. Luckily, we have three guys (Amir, 2Pat, JJ) that has shown they can close out on shooters while still covering bigs.

Sure, you could put JV out there, but when you look at how many fourth quarters we've won, it's hard to argue with Casey's more conservative strategy.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
        The reason why JV (and Ross) often get benched in the fourth is because they are terrible at defending the screen and roll. Opponents know this is a weakness and exploit continuously whenever JV is on the court. It's obvious that opposing coaches have keyed in on it.

Demar stays on the court in the fourth because he draws more fouls and gets to the line at an elite level. Also, his backups are Lou Williams, who is undersized against most SG, and GV, an even worse defender.

Sometimes I wonder if the biggest complainers on the board even watch the games or secretly are anti-fans that want the team to lose.
        Bingo!

"even watch the games"

Or only see what they want,,, or are able? Who knows?

"anti-fans that want the team to lose"

Maybe a little harsh. Perhaps driven by need to validate opinions? Who knows.

Comment

• Jonas will turn into his alter ego, JVief, the little brother of Zangief, and destroy everyone.
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• rocwell wrote:
            It's not the end of the world. We'll do just fine.
            When given choice to laugh or cry, I take laugh every time

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
              Yeah -- with DD and Lowry on the floor. I'm just pointing out the stupidity of equating JV's situation to DeRozan's.

DeRozan bad on D? You want pull him in the fourth quarter because you think it's unfair to JV and coaching in the NBA should be some kind of idiotic-Canadian-passive-aggressive meritocracy? Okay, fine.

Who are you going to sub in? Ross? Way less consistent on both ends than DeRozan. Lou Williams? Undersized. GV? Better ball-handler, worse defensively, doesn't get to the line. James Johnson? Great defender, can't shoot from 3 or the line. Lowry? He's already on the court, dummies. Fields? LOL.
              No, I just thought you were saying that Lou doesn't play in crunch time, but he does. It would make no sense to take out DD at the end of games. I would like to see JV get some time so that he has more experience and come playoff time he can play well in the end of games. Also, the Raps could use him for rebounding and he is a pretty good free-throw shooter. One of the biggest issues with JV offensively is when he and Amir share the floor they tend to clog the lane and eliminate driving lanes and just get in each others way. Last night for instance, when one of them tried to post up there was the other big (and his defender) right beside him. I wouldn't mind seeing some more JV and PP together, wouldn't be very good defensively but could be interesting offensively.

Comment

• Getting caught up ... Have a bit of reading to do ... Give me a sec ...

Comment

• Everyone, this is the JV thread. Talk about JV.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                    Everyone, this is the JV thread. Talk about JV.
                    12 Over/under on Jonas' shots per game?

Comment

• He's averaging 7.3 now ... that'd be 5 more per ... hard to say. I'll go under on that unfortunately.

Comment

• I'm less concerned about raw FGA numbers, and more concerned with general touches down low for him, and even Amir.

But for Jonas especially, a big reason it'd be good to get him involved more with DeMar out isn't so much for him getting shots/scoring, but because he's been great at producing free throw attempts. Need that to continue with DeMar out, because I'm not convinced Ross or GV will look for contact more aggressively.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I'm less concerned about raw FGA numbers, and more concerned with general touches down low for him, and even Amir.

But for Jonas especially, a big reason it'd be good to get him involved more with DeMar out isn't so much for him getting shots/scoring, but because he's been great at producing free throw attempts. Need that to continue with DeMar out, because I'm not convinced Ross or GV will look for contact more aggressively.
                          GV will certainly be more aggressive looking for his shot which I don't think that's necessarily a good thing

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            I'm less concerned about raw FGA numbers, and more concerned with general touches down low for him, and even Amir.

Great point. Makes up when 3s aren't falling. And 3s certainly can't be considered our strong suit.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              GV will certainly be more aggressive looking for his shot which I don't think that's necessarily a good thing
                              I hope the ball movement just amps up even more.

Comment

• Still don't see JV closing much games even with DD gone
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X