Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
    games are only 40 minutes, starting center is 25 yrs old but only played about 2 more minutes than JV
    Thank you.

Welcome to RR.

Comment

irgigi wrote: View Post
      11 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blocks in 19 minutes
      Full stats
      Those are incredibly gaudy stats for just 19 minutes.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        That's Predrag Samardziski? Is he any good?
        Also maybe you can answer another question for me; how is the "Ranking" stat calculated, that is listed in the Column furthest to the right? Or what does it mean?
        Ranking is an efficiency rating and is calculated like: pts+rebs+AS+ST+BL(Fv) -BL(Ag)+FL(Rv)-FL(Cm)-TO+2FG(M)-2FG(A)+3FG(M)-3FG(A)+FT(M)-FT(A)

And another center is Samardziski, yes. He is good enough, he was playing for Macedonia in Eurobasket. They should be sharing minutes with JV.

There is a highlights of JV in this game :

Comment

How exactly are those blocks counted, because I saw four there. At least.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The last placing of the ball was something. Well I think when he rebounds the ball after the block they count it as rebound, when he blows the ball away it's counted as a block, stupid though.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I like that he scores in a variety of ways. He showed offensive rebound put-backs, presenting himself on drive and dish plays, knocking down a face 18 footer, and also a little shot fake put it on the floor and get fouled to go to the FT line. On defense he has great length and did a good job keeping the ball alive by tapping it away from guys in front of him. He had great hustle tracking down a loose ball and showed some grit when he secured a rebound.

I know it is easy to get excited about your own team's players, but I am pretty keen on Jonas!
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Ranking is an efficiency rating and is calculated like: pts+rebs+AS+ST+BL(Fv) -BL(Ag)+FL(Rv)-FL(Cm)-TO+2FG(M)-2FG(A)+3FG(M)-3FG(A)+FT(M)-FT(A)
                So it is similar in nature to the PER Score in the NBA?

And another center is Samardziski, yes. He is good enough, he was playing for Macedonia in Eurobasket. They should be sharing minutes with JV.

Why does he shoot 4 free throws in a row at the end there? Lol
                Love that he made all 4 of them though.

Him being clutch from the line will keep him around the league, on its own.
                Showing some deep range on that one shot too. Looking good JV!

Comment

So it is similar in nature to the PER Score in the NBA?
                  It's similar in nature, except it doesn't take minutes played into account as PER does. So it's more like performance per game, not per minute.

Why does he shoot 4 free throws in a row at the end there? Lol
                  Love that he made all 4 of them though.
                  No.9 guy fouled on him - it's two free throws, and he (No.9) was arguing with referees, so he got technical foul - it's two free throws more.

Comment

Thanks for posting irgigi.

1:31 was a nice rebound - nice to see that aggressive/mean streak.

1:39 was nice d - no flopping eventhough the opponent tried to go through him.

It is great to see your C able to hit 80-plus % of his FT's. Easy points that are too often left on the table.

Comment

Valanciunas Ball

If everyone else is as basketball deprived as I am, this will be a good watch. It's Jonas' game yesterday. I believe it's 1 of 3 that they had to win in order to qualify for the Euroleague. he had a good game. they don't mention blocks on the page I was on but I saw at least 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j97PE...layer_embedded

Comment

I forgot this link existed and they moved this over. sorry for the repeat!

Comment

Rytas win and move on to the final tomorrow, Valanciunas 5 pts 6 rebs, didn't get a lot of touches but a solid effort on both ends of the floor

Comment

Full stats is here

Comment

now that Rytas is out of the euroleague, what is the maximum number of games that Valanciunas can play before he comes over ?

there is about 30 on the Rytas site now, plus any playoffs and olympic/international, not sure if Lithuania can still qualify

Comment

Galatasary 71 Rytas 63

JV: 19mins, 8pts, 5 rebs, 2 blk, 1to

http://www.euroleague.net/main/resul...asoncode=EQR11

Comment

Working...
                                X