7. Kemba Walker
      8. Brandon Knight
      9. Tobias Harris
      10. Tristan Thompson
      11. Enes Kanter
      12. Alec Burks
      13. Nikola Mirotic
      14. Reggie Jackson
      Interesting that Jonas, Motiejunas, Faried, Isaiah Thomas or Morris twins didn't even make the list. Agree with the list or not, but that's turning out to be a damn deep draft.

My lotto re-draft:
      1. Kyrie
      2. Jimmy Butler
      3. Kawhi Leonard
      4. Klay Thompson
      5. Nikola Mirotic
      6. Nikola Vucevic. Maybe he's earned to be higher, but I think it's just not easy to build around him, so I would draft him here.
      7. Chandler Parsons
      8. Brandon Knight
      9. Valanciunas
      10. Donatas Motiejunas. I'm actually surprised by him because I didn't like him much. I thought Valanciunas would be by far the better of the two Lithuanians in that draft, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Motiejunas is developing faster. I thought he'd be a major defensive liability, but it's Valanciunas who's the bigger liability now. Motiejunas has become a smart defensive player, he's in the right spots usually, and he's a decent shooter, while also able to pass and post up a little. Now he looks like he will be a legit starting PF.
      11. Tobias Harris. Like Vucevic, he also probably has earned to be drafted higher than this, but also not easy to build with him, IMO.
      12. Reggie Jackson.
      13. Faried
      14. Isaiah Thomas

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        Interesting that Jonas, Motiejunas, Faried, Isaiah Thomas or Morris twins didn't even make the list. Agree with the list or not, but that's turning out to be a damn deep draft.

My lotto re-draft:
        1. Kyrie
        2. Jimmy Butler
        3. Kawhi Leonard
        4. Klay Thompson
        5. Nikola Mirotic
        6. Nikola Vucevic. Maybe he's earned to be higher, but I think it's just not easy to build around him, so I would draft him here.
        7. Chandler Parsons
        8. Brandon Knight
        9. Valanciunas
        10. Donatas Motiejunas. I'm actually surprised by him because I didn't like him much. I thought Valanciunas would be by far the better of the two Lithuanians in that draft, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Motiejunas is developing faster. I thought he'd be a major defensive liability, but it's Valanciunas who's the bigger liability now. Motiejunas has become a smart defensive player, he's in the right spots usually, and he's a decent shooter, while also able to pass and post up a little. Now he looks like he will be a legit starting PF.
        11. Tobias Harris. Like Vucevic, he also probably has earned to be drafted higher than this, but also not easy to build with him, IMO.
        12. Reggie Jackson.
        13. Faried
        14. Isaiah Thomas
        Idiotic list.

Irving at #1 lets you know right off the bat.

Probably trying to generate hate clicks by keeping JV off.

EDIT: Sorry BobLoblaw, in case it wasn't clear I didn't mean YOUR list was idiotic, I meant the one linked to the ESPN article was. I like your list (although I disagree strongly with Irving going #1, because he's made of glass).
        Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue Jun 23, 2015, 05:06 PM.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

My lotto re-draft:
          1. Kyrie
          2. Jimmy Butler
          3. Kawhi Leonard
          4. Klay Thompson
          5. Nikola Mirotic
          7. Chandler Parsons
          8. Brandon Knight
          9. Valanciunas
          12. Reggie Jackson.
          13. Faried
          14. Isaiah Thomas
          Just to clarify the bolded parts:

2014/15 3PT%
          on 141 attempts.
          Sorry for being annoying, but have to clarify if I feel that I know his game well.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• 1. Kawhi
            2. Butler
            3. Klay
            4. Irving
            5. Mirotic
            6. Vucevic
            7. JV
            8. Parsons
            9. Montejunas
            10. Walker
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Sorry for being annoying, but have to clarify if I feel that I know his game well.
              I don't understand what you mean? Only you yourself can know how you feel.

Comment

• At this point, I have to say that Tristan Thompson is a much more accomplished NBA player than JV. Like JV, his teammates never look to give him the ball but TT is effective on the boards, a solid defender that can switch out on wings and guards, and is versatile in being asked to play 2 positions.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  At this point, I have to say that Tristan Thompson is a much more accomplished NBA player than JV. Like JV, his teammates never look to give him the ball but TT is effective on the boards, a solid defender that can switch out on wings and guards, and is versatile in being asked to play 2 positions.
                  *Accomplished because of Lebron. Basically all the %'s from this past season, except for O-rebounding, favour JV.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                    *Accomplished because of Lebron. Basically all the %'s from this past season, except for O-rebounding, favour JV.
                    ...but those are just stats. Thompson was consistently awesome in his first four playoff series, JV, not so good in his first two.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story...t-kyrie-irving

ESPN 2011 Redraft

1. Kyrie Irving
                      2. Klay Thompson
                      3. Kawhi Leonard
                      4. Jimmy Butler
                      5. Chandler Parsons
                      6. Nikola Vucevic
                      7. Kemba Walker
                      8. Brandon Knight
                      9. Tobias Harris
                      10. Tristan Thompson
                      11. Enes Kanter
                      12. Alec Burks
                      13. Nikola Mirotic
                      14. Reggie Jackson
                      oh my god lol.

Reggie Jackson?!

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        oh my god lol.

Reggie Jackson?!
                        He has issues but he has talent to turn it around. Since it isn't a list of who do you want to have for a year, but who would you pick in a draft, it would be hard to pass on Jackson in top 14.

Comment

He has issues but he has talent to turn it around. Since it isn't a list of who do you want to have for a year, but who would you pick in a draft, it would be hard to pass on Jackson in top 14.
                          It would be hard to pass on JV over Jackson, Burks, and Mirotic. Here we are though.

Note: I like Mirotic, but he wasn't anywhere near JV in anything except Points in Per 100 poss.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                            ...but those are just stats. Thompson was consistently awesome in his first four playoff series, JV, not so good in his first two.
                            Thompson was also consistently playing with LeBron. JV was consistently playing with broken Lowry.

Not very comparable if I do say so myself, can't see LeBron matching up with even a broken Lowry... /s

*Hilariously, Thompson only beat out JV in BPG and TRB (on the back of ORB, JV outdid him on DRB by a mile), while playing more minutes per game (26.5 v 36.4) in the playoffs.

Also, Jonas beats all averages per 36 and per 100 poss. wise. the LeBron bias is hilarious.
                            Last edited by Mindlessness; Tue Jun 23, 2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              It would be hard to pass on JV over Jackson, Burks, and Mirotic. Here we are though.

Note: I like Mirotic, but he wasn't anywhere near JV in anything except Points in Per 100 poss.

Oh I agree that I would have Jonas on that list above Jackson. I'd just still have Jackson somewhere around the middle of the draft. I would take Mirotic over Jonas, though. It's a potential pick, I think he'll be a better player. A real PF who can handle, pass and who'll probably be a good shooter. Also, he's a very smart player, and I have a very big soft spot for smart players.

Comment

• This is great.. hopefully JV can be resigned for $10M a year

Comment

Working...
                                X