0 0%
  • F

2 1.80%
Page 4 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Rookie Rytasfan97's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Anyone know why JV did not play yesterday?
    not 100% sure, but it looks like the opposition was a relatively weak team, and they decided to give a few guys some rest, next games is Wednesday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Saw few games. IMO, the coach does not use full potential of Jonas. Also I noticed that he needs a good point guard to be efficient at this period of his career.
    I've only seen highlights but I was wondering this myself. I think you are correct. The team is probably not truly interested in 'developing' him as he will be gone next year. I would imagine he is a marketing machine for them right now - nothing more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rytasfan97 wrote: View Post
    not 100% sure, but it looks like the opposition was a relatively weak team, and they decided to give a few guys some rest, next games is Wednesday
    I was thinking this or an injury. I hope you are correct.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

No, it's not an injury. Call it a rest (i just don't think he really needs it atm) or test of deeper roster.

As for a gameplay in general. Fact is they are a new team (only 4 players left from the last season and new coach). Part of players joined late after National tournaments. At the moment, i don't see JV getting much ball. Playstyle of team is not yet based to play through the center. And T.Rice (PG) is not really giving a pass to center often.
    But the coach itself seems to be good enough. He said (~two weeks ago), it may take a few months to see real JV. I'm sure he work it out to use him more. Mid November should be a target for them to get into a decent shape - important games in Eurocup and VTB starting.

As for JV being marketing machine, sure it is, but he must play and play good, to make fans happy, otherwise it will not work. They will work on developing him, they need to win something this season as well. It would be stupid don't use his abilities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote irgigi wrote: View Post
    No, it's not an injury. Call it a rest (i just don't think he really needs it atm) or test of deeper roster.

As for a gameplay in general. Fact is they are a new team (only 4 players left from the last season and new coach). Part of players joined late after National tournaments. At the moment, i don't see JV getting much ball. Playstyle of team is not yet based to play through the center. And T.Rice (PG) is not really giving a pass to center often.
    But the coach itself seems to be good enough. He said (~two weeks ago), it may take a few months to see real JV. I'm sure he work it out to use him more. Mid November should be a target for them to get into a decent shape - important games in Eurocup and VTB starting.

As for JV being marketing machine, sure it is, but he must play and play good, to make fans happy, otherwise it will not work. They will work on developing him, they need to win something this season as well. It would be stupid don't use his abilities.
    Thanks for the update.

Post Thanks / Like

Valanciunas stats from today's win over Enisey, 13 pts 7 boards in 18 minutes, including 5/6 from FT line

http://www.vtb-league.com/en/game/10...t:15-400$t&0=1

highlights include 2 dunks and a contested layup

http://bc.lrytas.lt/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2081:lietuvos-rytas-po-atkaklios-kovos-nugaljo-krasnojarsko-jenisej&catid=1askutins-naujienos&Itemid=11&lang=en
    Last edited by Rytasfan97; Sun Oct 30th, 2011 at 01:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

He was very productive in limited minutes, got to love 7 rebounds in 18 minutes!

Post Thanks / Like

huge game for Valanciunas today, 18 points, 8 boards and an efficiency rating of 28, the highest on the team all season

http://www.lkl.lt/rungtynes/20111106...ytas-neptunas/

Post Thanks / Like

huge game for Valanciunas today, 18 points, 8 boards and an efficiency rating of 28, the highest on the team all season

That is an impressive stat line.

6/8FG
    6/6 FT

Post Thanks / Like

HE added 2 blocks to with the solid scoring and rebounding numbers......all in 22 minutes!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    HE added 2 blocks to with the solid scoring and rebounding numbers......all in 22 minutes!
    22 minutes! holy crap that is crazy. This guy is beasting it, future top 5 center in the nba!

Post Thanks / Like

LRytas 78 Nymburk 72

JV: 18:56min 2/2FG 1/2FT 5 points, 6 rebs, 2 ast, 1 blk, 3 fouls, 3 to.

Boxscore

Any insights igiri or Rytas97?

Post Thanks / Like

started watching in the second quarter so i missed most of his rebounds, did catch a nice alley-oop that JV converted into a shot, but I think he picked up some quick fouls to start the second half then didn't get back in the game til garbage time

highlights are up, both FG's by Valanciunas, a dunk and the alleyoop/shot, and an assist
    http://bc.lrytas.lt/index.php?option...rticle&id=2091
    Last edited by Rytasfan97; Sun Nov 6th, 2011 at 02:43 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

22 pts, 5 boards, 3 blocks today in 32 minutes as the starter, and an efficiency rating of 32

box = http://www.lkl.lt/en/game/20120114/s...ietuvos-rytas/

higlights = http://bc.lrytas.lt/index.php?option...rticle&id=2099

Post Thanks / Like

22 pts, 5 boards, 3 blocks today in 32 minutes as the starter, and an efficiency rating of 32

box = http://www.lkl.lt/en/game/20120114/s...ietuvos-rytas/

higlights = http://bc.lrytas.lt/index.php?option...rticle&id=2099
    That is great to see. They were playing for first place as well. Opponent was 6-0 before this game.

It does not seem he gets much opportunities in the post nor many looks from the guards.

Toronto will have to add some shooters, the opponent was getting killed clogging up the middle of pick and rolls only to have the ball swung to an open 3 point shot.

Did you see the game? JV only had 2 defensive boards with opponent having 13 offensive boards. Was he missing box outs or getting out muscled for rebounds?

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

uh-oh ... looks like Bargnani numbers. I'm sure in a couple of years we'll be starting an "Everything Jonas" thread

Post Thanks / Like

did not see this one, but have seen enough of his games to know rebounding is not an issue, the other teams leading rebounder only had 4, looks like they might have thrown in some grinders off the bench, and Valanciunas did play a lot more minutes than he is used to, so that might be a factor
    Last edited by Rytasfan97; Wed Nov 9th, 2011 at 07:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

did not see this one, but have seen enough of his games to know rebounding is not an issue, the other teams leading rebounder only had 4, looks like they might have thrown in some grinders off the bench, and Valanciunas did play a lot more minutes than he is used to, so that might be a factor

And it could easily have been another player(s) not boxing out their man at his of rebound total.

Thanks.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

also team rebounding was 27 - 27, so its not like his team was killed on the boards. and the possibility of tipping the ball to a teammate which isn't counted as a stat, which he might have done a couple of times.

Page 4 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread Information