Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    so, once again, casey is a liar and/or a fucking moron.

#FireCasey
    It does seem very odd to make that comment, which is very easily verified.

Few thoughts:
    - one, Casey just completely misspoke and meant that the Raps will go to JV in the 4th early in the season because Lithuania DID use JV in the 4th and he performed well. Since he would be more "in season" form than guys who didn't play National team this summer.

- another possibility is that Casey didn't watch/follow any of the FIBA stuff and made the comment solely on 2nd hand information (and clearly had a bad source and didn't bother to verify with anyone)

- JV told Casey him that to troll him and is laughing maniacally

I'm going with option 3.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Can anyone confirm the following?

I didn't watch any of his FIBA games. Just saw highlights and boxscores.
      Like most of what Casey says, it's just not true by any stretch of the imagination. Unless he means they didn't play him for the entire fourth quarter...then he'd be correct.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        I think it's important to recognize that the entire team seemed coached to get the shot up if you're in the lane. You knew that GV was always going to launch the floater and never the oop to JV. JV and Amir knew to attack the backboard over expecting the pass.

Hopefully it's a trend that is reversed with DeMar, Lowry, and the entire team this year.
        If a player needs to be told to give up a harder shot to give his teammate a better one, that's a bad sign. And it's even worse if the coach is telling him to take that worse shot instead. There's nothing good about that. How many times was DeMar driving off the screen with a big wide open rolling unimpeded to the basket, and DeMar decided to take a tough shot over multiple defenders instead? And yes, other guys did it at times too. So maybe it was due to coaching, but that makes things worse in my view.

If it's because of instructions, then I'd hope one player has a good enough bball IQ to ignore instructions and challenge the coach. Be like: "look, we can make this play and it's a higher % play. I'm not going to take a tough shot instead of an easy pass for a layup/dunk".

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          Like most of what Casey says, it's just not true by any stretch of the imagination. Unless he means they didn't play him for the entire fourth quarter...then he'd be correct.

Yeah.

Always tough to get context.

Writers have been known to spin stuff as well.

But yeah, Casey still a knob.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            Yeah.

Always tough to get context.

Writers have been known to spin stuff as well.

But yeah, Casey still a knob.
            I just don't understand how the head coach can just go up there and blatantly lie? Especially when there's absolutely no reason to. The more Casey opens his mouth the more idiotic he sounds.
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• According to the front page, Casey said this:
              "We’ve changed some things that hopefully help him, that will help him keep closer to the bucket. It’s not rocket science or anything earth shattering. We’re doing some things to keep him closer to the bucket. Number one, help him in the pick ‘n roll situations. Number two, help him rebounding-wise on the defensive end. Our defensive rebounding percentage was terrible, our guards outrebounded our bigs in defensive rebounding percentage. We got to get our bigs upto that level, because you’re in trouble when your guards outrebound your interior people."
              You've got to be fucking kidding me...

Comment

According to the front page, Casey said this:

Hope he means more that we shouldn't need to gang rebound anymore, which would allow our wings to leak out and our transition game to flourish.

Comment

Hope he means more that we shouldn't need to gang rebound anymore, which would allow our wings to leak out and our transition game to flourish.
                  Anymore? When did we start gang rebounding? Our wings already leak out, they just don't always make sure that we secure the ball first.

Comment

I don't know what the fuck Casey is talking about. If it wasn't for Jonas we'd probably never get a rebound, and he more than doubles the TRB% and DREB% that the guards put up. It was the most predictable pattern with Casey's subbing in his "scramble" lineup for D in the 4th...our D would get better, and suddenly we'd give up tons of rebounds because no one was crashing the glass and all the bigs were out of position scrambling to perimeter shooters.

Comment

Not sure what all the fuss is about. Casey is saying they've made changes so their bigs are not put into situations where they are not able rebound on the defensive end which was the case last year. When he says we have to get our bigs to that level he means we have to create a situation where our bigs are able to rebound at a higher percentage and not that our bigs are poor rebounders.

He is admitting that the system put the bigs out of place to secure rebounds last season.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Anymore? When did we start gang rebounding? Our wings already leak out, they just don't always make sure that we secure the ball first.
                        We've had to depend on gang-rebounding for much of Casey's tenure, and before. Last year we really struggled on the defensive boards - even gang rebounding can only do so much when you've got Ross at the 3 and a shrimpy 2nd unit.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Not sure what all the fuss is about. Casey is saying they've made changes so their bigs are not put into situations where they are not able rebound on the defensive end which was the case last year. When he says we have to get our bigs to that level he means we have to create a situation where our bigs are able to rebound at a higher percentage and not that our bigs are poor rebounders.

He is admitting that the system put the bigs out of place to secure rebounds last season.
                          The fuss is that he singles out Jonas, and basically spreads misinformation that makes the kid look bad at something that he's actually very good (if not elite) at, and far and away the best on the team.

Admitting that the system put bigs out of position. That's fine.

Saying they need to change the system because Jonas (and our other bigs) were rebounding worse than our guards...That's not, especially since none of our guards put up better rebounding %s than our bigs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Forget it. Casey says they are making defensive changes to help him on pick and roll defense and keep him closer to the hoop for defensive and rebounding purposes, which is exactly what everyone here demanded last year. Except now Casey can fuck off with all that noise cause he also made a comment about the rebounding being awful, which everyone here also complains about non-stop by the way, but he can fuck off with, too, cause what we're all about here at Raptors Republic forums is twisting everything Casey says to fit the narrative that Casey is an idiot and needs to be fired even when he is saying and doing all the things people here claim to want him to do. And even when that point is conceded, he's still an idiot cause it should have been done sooner.

Comment

We've had to depend on gang-rebounding for much of Casey's tenure, and before. Last year we really struggled on the defensive boards - even gang rebounding can only do so much when you've got Ross at the 3 and a shrimpy 2nd unit.
                              I'd like to clarify. Gang rebounding implies to me that we are getting rebounds but don't just depend on one or two "horses" for that. You're not rebounding at all if you finish 26th.

For much of Casey's tenure, we've been a bad rebounding team, not a gang rebounding team. And his tendency to go small has just made things worse, especially since most of our smaller players have not really been standout rebounders at their positions.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Forget it. Casey says they are making defensive changes to help him on pick and roll defense and keep him closer to the hoop for defensive and rebounding purposes, which is exactly what everyone here demanded last year. Except now Casey can fuck off with all that noise cause he also made a comment about the rebounding being awful, which everyone here also complains about non-stop by the way, but he can fuck off with, too, cause what we're all about here at Raptors Republic forums is twisting everything Casey says to fit the narrative that Casey is an idiot and needs to be fired even when he is saying and doing all the things people here claim to want him to do. And even when that point is conceded, he's still an idiot cause it should have been done sooner.
                                You missed the point of the complaint on his comment, it was the part that made it sound like the guards were rebounding more than the bigs. That's totally fair grounds to call BS on Casey.

As for your criticism of RR, keep your posts to the topic discussed and not fellow posters.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X