Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    I watched the game live, but it didn't look like JV got hurt... Sometime in 2nd quarter (near the end I think) coach just got really mad at JV and benched him.

Anyway, Lithuania lost 74:78. Macedonia was missing 2 main guys, while Lithuania was playing without 5 key players (who should be on the final team come Olympics).

JV got 10 pts and 8 boards.

I can't find a boxscore so it's hard to provide more info.

Today JV & Lithuanian national squad face off against Greece (roughly in about 14 hours). It will be their second and final friendly match here in Lithuania before they go to Houston, TX on 20th of June.
    Thanks for the clear-up. It must have just been a wince or it could have been him holding onto his pride as his coach ripped him a new one. Sounded like he played fairly well. Do you notice anything different? Does he look refreshed?
    “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden

Comment

• I saw only second quarter including the moment you are discussing. Coach benched him because of stupid fouls.
      Part of coach comments after the match:

"There's such thing as momentum in basketball, at one moment you are behind, and after few moments you can be in lead. Jonas, for instance, he stole the ball slammed it and it seemed that everything is going to be great. But right after that he lost concentration, because of euphoria. This is young players flaw.""

This is taken out of context so it may sound stupid, but I think this is the reasoning of benching him.
      Last edited by RandomGuy; Sun Jun 17, 2012, 07:03 AM.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        kanter suffered in minutes behind jefferson and favours. i think he actually had a pretty decent rookie year. not bad production in 13 minutes.
        I have seen Kanter play a couple times and he looked over matched.

I hope we don't have Darko Valenciunas....
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post

Pfffff

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post

Jonas wasn't selected with 1st pick, so don't talk sh*t!

Comment

• JV got 2 points in a loss against Greece. Coach only let him into the court in 3rd quarter if I'm not mistaken.

Still a lot of experimenting in these friendly games, they helped the coach to let go of 2 more players.

Comment

• Hrrrrrrnnngggggg I can't wait for JV to make his NBA debut
                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• He's not My-Vydas, he's not Your-Vydas, he's AR-VYDAS!

I definitely think this beats summer league for JV.
                  They're currently training in Houston, TX.

Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Fri Jun 22, 2012, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• The advantage to summer league is that thr Raps get to coach and develop him.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                      The advantage to summer league is that thr Raps get to coach and develop him.
                      Not much coaching going on in summer league. And they've been 'developing' him overseas for a year via the Raps close relationship with Rytas, going as far as employing the same type of offense as Casey/Toronto. He's far better off developing his skills with a HofFamer like Sabonis and competing against world talent than he is running with rookies in Vegas.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• LK has got that mass murderer beard going again

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                          Not much coaching going on in summer league. And they've been 'developing' him overseas for a year via the Raps close relationship with Rytas, going as far as employing the same type of offense as Casey/Toronto. He's far better off developing his skills with a HofFamer like Sabonis and competing against world talent than he is running with rookies in Vegas.
                          +1

Comment

• Thanks for that video, really interesting to watch. Man JV looks like a child compared to Sabonis..

Comment

• Tesla wrote: View Post
                              Thanks for that video, really interesting to watch. Man JV looks like a child compared to Sabonis..
                              Cause JV is a child compared to Sabonis! (Whachu talkin bout foo'?)
                              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Sabonis is one of my all time favourite players. That video filled me with glee.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X