No announcement yet.

Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else notice that Jonas played 6 minutes and had 5 personal fouls? Yikes. Not exactly what a Raps fan wants to see!

http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...sid//game.html

Edit: Oops I'm a little late yall already saw it.

Comment

• please dont expect a lot from him next season, he's gona be like amir when it comes to fouling but he will adjust in time

Comment

• JV has 17 pts (on 9 shots) and 7 rebounds in the key qualifying game for Lithuania. Al Horford (for PR) had 12 pts (on 13 shots) and 4 rebounds. JV seems to have come through in the clutch. Lithuania qualifies for the Olympics.
        Last edited by Bouncepass; Sat Jul 7, 2012, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Bouncepass wrote: View Post
          JV has 17 pts (on 9 shots) and 7 rebounds in the key qualifying game for Lithuania. Al Horford (for PR) had 12 pts (on 13 shots) and 4 rebounds. JV seems to have come through in the clutch. Lithuania qualifies for the Olympics.
          Thats a good sign after a dismal start

Comment

• JV's stats in final qualifying against Puerto Rico (and Al Horford).

Min: 26:08
            Pts: 17 (6/9 FG, 5/6 FT)
            Rbs: 7 (2 Off)
            1 Asst, 1 Block, 1 Steal, 3 TO.

Fouled out in the last minute, with Lithuania leading by more than 20.

JV was the dominant front-court player for Lithuania in the game. An impressive showing in the most important game qualifying their team for the Olympics, after a disappointing performance in a meaningless game.

Comment

JV's stats in final qualifying against Puerto Rico (and Al Horford).

JV was the dominant front-court player for Lithuania in the game. An impressive showing in the most important game qualifying their team for the Olympics, after a disappointing performance in a meaningless game.
              The quarter-final against Puerto Rico WASN'T meaningless. That was the MOST IMPORTANT game of the tournament. And JV had 0 points and 5 fouls in 6 minutes.

Unless by "meaningless game" you mean the match against Nigeria in group stages.

Comment

JV's stats in final qualifying against Puerto Rico (and Al Horford).

this game wasn't againts puerto rico but againts dominican res.

you should actually watch the games versus dominican res. Lithuania dominated - valanciunas got easy time. don't wanna bash the kid - but he is yet to play good at important moments of the game for LTU team. game vs puerto rico was so much harded and he fouled out in 6 mins stupidly. hopefully just too much energy - overdid his defense
                Last edited by Skaloon; Sun Jul 8, 2012, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• I hope Lithuania brings back the tied eye uniforms for the Olympics as a 20 year anniversary.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                    The quarter-final against Puerto Rico WASN'T meaningless. That was the MOST IMPORTANT game of the tournament. And JV had 0 points and 5 fouls in 6 minutes.

Unless by "meaningless game" you mean the match against Nigeria in group stages.
                    Yes, sorry, I meant the Nigeria game. Thanks for clarifying. JV was crappy vs. PR, and that was an important game. I actually saw some of it live on a good feed (I was overseas). The problem for JV has been fouls, and the officiating in some of these games is impossible to figure out. There were several fouls called on JV during the tournament that would definitely not be fouls in the NBA. In particular, there were a number of plays that would have been called offensive because the driver used the off-hand to push away the defender. In that FIBA tournament, those fouls almost always go to the defender.

Comment

• people also need to remember this is a new team he is playing on. Having watched some of the play I can tell you they are lost on offense, and defensive rotations. JV's Olympic results should best be judged when they trounce the US in the gold medal game behind JVs 40pts 20 boards 10 assists and 30 blocks...god damn these mushrooms kicked in fast
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        JV's Olympic results should best be judged when they trounce the US in the gold medal game behind JVs 40pts 20 boards 10 assists and 30 blocks...god damn these mushrooms kicked in fast
                        if this happens - i'll find you and kiss you to death (no gay though)

Comment

• Skaloon wrote: View Post
                          this game wasn't againts puerto rico but againts dominican res.

you should actually watch the games versus dominican res. Lithuania dominated - valanciunas got easy time. don't wanna bash the kid - but he is yet to play good at important moments of the game for LTU team. game vs puerto rico was so much harded and he fouled out in 6 mins stupidly. hopefully just too much energy - overdid his defense
                          Just watched the Dominican game and Valanciunas was very good at very important times in the game. He played 26 minutes! How can you say that all 26 minutes in 40 minute game are "easy time". He was on the floor for the run early in the game that opened the game up. I would love to have seen his +/- in this one because even when he wasn't scoring he was impacting the game. I am impressed with his relentless screening on the offensive end. He captures so much attention on the screen and roll that his teammates are often able to get open 3's and/or open lanes as they follow the screen. He has not been great this tourny and some of the games he has looked outmatched, but you cannot say that in this game he played "easy time" and did not "play good at important moments of the game".
                          “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                          ― John Wooden

Comment

• JV will apparently be signing in the next couple days according to Doug:

Doug Smith (Twitter) wrote:
                            #Raptors‬ minor deal of James Johnson complete; sources say Valanciunas signed in "next couple of days." Story at http://thestar.com soon
                            Source - Click here

Comment

• I wonder if he'll be merged in the Lowry/Fields press conference. Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything about it?, like when it will be

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                                I wonder if he'll be merged in the Lowry/Fields press conference. Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything about it?, like when it will be
                                Tomorrow at Noon eastern time.

Comment

Working...
                                X