Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    any word from the iceland game? #six words that have never been said before
    Just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find the score and come up with nothing. Why is this so difficult!?

Comment

• Didn't watch the Lithuania/Iceland game.. couldn't find the box score. I believe it was a 101-51 massacre in favour of Lithuania, as shown here:
      http://livetv.ru/en/eventinfo/128020_lithuania_iceland/

Looking for highlights on youtube.. found the following:

Comment

• As predicted it was boring. I found a stream near the end of the 1st quarter with Lithuani 20 up (it got a bit closer later). I watched some, but the stream was bad quality and the game was boring so I stopped watching. Saw a nice slam by Valanciunas though.

Comment

• lol those iceland dudes didn't know what hit em

Comment

• I kind of feel bad for Iceland...

Comment

• ignorant question...but is iceland even in the olympics for basketball? Lithuania had to win a play in tournament to get there against some reasonable teams. Shallow talent pool in the Nordic division?

Comment

• No, Iceland is preparing for qualification tournament to next Eurobasket championship. This just have been friendly match/training for both teams. Well at least for LT it was training as you can see in the scoreboard.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Iceland vs. Lithuania would be similar, from a population perspective, of Canada vs. USA.

~320k vs. 3.2M.............................................. ................................ ~34M vs. 310M

I think the outcome would be about the same as well. But give Canada another 5-8 years!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I think the outcome would be about the same as well. But give Canada another 5-8 years!
                    Especially if the IOC/Stern make Basketball an under 23 event.

Comment

• Quito wrote: View Post
                      I kind of feel bad for Iceland...
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Man just threw down a massive one.

Comment

• Oh shit.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                            Man just threw down a massive one.

Patience is the most important quality in life...

Comment

• Quito wrote: View Post
                              Especially if the IOC/Stern make Basketball an under 23 event.
                              They don't make that decision (as far as I know). It's the sports governing body (FIBA) that makes decisions like this. And, no matter what Stern wants, it will never ever happen. The Olympics is too important. If Stern worries about the wear and tear he should worry about players playing more than 100 nba games a year. But I guess that can't be changed because of the money involved. Just doing it for the Olympics wouldn't help much by the way as there are still the world championships and continental championships, but maybe he wants those to be under 23 as well?

It'd say it's also very shortsighted from a bussiness perspective, as I don't think the nba gets more publicity at any other moment than when the American team plays with its stars at the Olympics. The 1992 dreamteam is probably the main reason that Spain has such a strong team now as that Olympic team in Barcelona had a major impact in Spain and Europe in engaging that generation. There wouldn't be two Gasols in the nba without the dreamteam.
                              Last edited by Soft Euro; Wed Jul 25, 2012, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Nice find. The pass is brilliant - just over the defender's hands, putting him in perfect vulnerable position for the poster. Only thing missing was JV riding him like a Bull ala T-Mac, way back.

Comment

Working...
                                X